West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 562737 times)

Online boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang
« Reply #4550 on: July 19, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
He's not quite a 20 goal Prem striker but he's good enough to be a back up for a top 6 Prem club or a starter for mid-sized Champions League clubs.

Not. A. Chance.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4551 on: July 19, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
Embarrassing in your eyes maybe, not for others. That's the whole point of a forum, a difference of opinions. It is not embarrassing and it is not bitterness when it comes to an individual's opinion. My overriding memory of Rondon will be of him smirking and sniggering with Saido and of countless sitters missed. Didn't rate him.

This is absolute rubbish mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline albion59

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4552 on: July 19, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
Good luck Saloman. Quality footballer, who's goalscoring record would be soo much better, but for having TP in charge, who for most of the game kept the guy, in our own penalty area.
Not a quality striker and his goal scoring record through out his career his rubbish. I never rated him but still wish him luck in the future, just glad his future isn't at the Albion.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4553 on: July 21, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #4554 on: August 05, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »
“It didn't take long for Salomon Rondon to make a mark at Dalian Yifang!”

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rondon-china-newcastle-brom-transfer-16621543.amp?__twitter_impression=true

As a matter of interest I was out with a die hard Newcastle fan over the weekend. He said that the reason why Rondon never went to Newcastle was because the agent wanted £7m for himself as commission and a £6m signing on fee for Salomon. That would bring the total transfer fee to nearer £30m - no wonder both they and West Ham walked away....I dont blame them.

Everything that is wrong with our beautiful game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:08:26 AM by skyclad99 »
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Online WBArgo

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4555 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:24 AM »
I think he should do well in China.

Usually when a player does badly from the West over there it's due to attitude, whereas I think he will genuinely work hard in a league far beneath him.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Jeremy Roland Peace

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4556 on: August 05, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
As a matter of interest I was out with a die hard Newcastle fan over the weekend. He said that the reason why Rondon never went to Newcastle was because the agent wanted £7m for himself as commission and a £6m signing on fee for Salomon. That would bring the total transfer fee to nearer £30m - no wonder both they and West Ham walked away....I dont blame them.

Everything that is wrong with our beautiful game.

with how quickly Benitez went from Newcastle to China i would say that it had been in the works for weeks maybe even months.
Rondon's agent probably knew about this and knew what he could get out there so that is why he was asking for those sums.