West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon  (Read 530143 times)

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4300 on: June 12, 2019, 07:58:29 PM »
I'm judging him on the number of goals he didn't score.
if he was burying every single chance he got he wouldn’t be playing for us or Newcastle. His game consists of more than just goal scoring. As many have said his contribution is massively under valued. He contributed to 43% of Newcastle’s league goals last season, whether scoring them or being credited with the assist, he deserves the praise the Newcastle fans give him, I hope he ends up somewhere his game is appreciated.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4301 on: June 12, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »
I hate this thread, I find myself continually agreeing with Jacko 😂

Rondon is a very good striker, Newcastle are not the new Barcelona .
And there seems to be a “if he plays next year we lose him for free” fear....not if he signs a new deal we don’t...what if he signed a new deal that if we don’t go up we accept 5m for him and if we do his rate is adjusted to 19m
Win win....for both...and he would get 30-35 in the champ
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4302 on: June 12, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »

And there seems to be a “if he plays next year we lose him for free” fear....not if he signs a new deal we don’t...what if he signed a new deal that if we don’t go up we accept 5m for him and if we do his rate is adjusted to 19m
Why would he sign a new contract? That’s madness. Sign a new contract and if we don’t go up you can leave for 5m. Well if he don’t sign a new contract he goes for nothing and pockets all the extra dough in his wage packet. Albion should nd will be absolutely desperate to cash in now.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4303 on: June 12, 2019, 08:25:55 PM »
Why would he sign a new contract? That’s madness. Sign a new contract and if we don’t go up you can leave for 5m. Well if he don’t sign a new contract he goes for nothing and pockets all the extra dough in his wage packet. Albion should nd will be absolutely desperate to cash in now.
Why?
Because he wants to play/start/score
             He wants to play under biblical
             He takes 65k per week and a huge bonus for 30 goals or more, and promotion
             No one comes in that he sees as a step up

I think some5imes us fans think it’s all very easy , but the reality is not always the same , someone has to come in and put the money down...and there are plenty alternatives
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4304 on: June 12, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
Why?

I think some5imes us fans think it’s all very easy , but the reality is not always the same , someone has to come in and put the money down...and there are plenty alternatives
But he’s made it very clear as soon as relegation came that he wouldn’t be playing in the championship, contractually he’s in a much stronger position now so why would he all off a sudden of the back of a player of the season winning stint in the premier league change his mind. He won’t, and we’ll. be desperate to get a fee for him now. He isn’t coming back.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4305 on: June 12, 2019, 09:26:58 PM »
My view is that if we were not prepared to pay Gayle's wages, we'd be mad to spend the money on Rondon's. The ability to convert goalscoring chances is probably the most important skill in the modern game. Gayle does it instinctively. His anticipation is miles ahead of Rondon's, who just seemed to anticipate a (crucial) second too late.
Nobody's arguing about Rondon's workrate, but you can replace that fairly easily. Finding instinctive goalscorers is like finding goldust.
I think we can find better uses for Rondon's £16 million.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4306 on: June 12, 2019, 10:01:27 PM »
But he’s made it very clear as soon as relegation came that he wouldn’t be playing in the championship, contractually he’s in a much stronger position now so why would he all off a sudden of the back of a player of the season winning stint in the premier league change his mind. He won’t, and we’ll. be desperate to get a fee for him now. He isn’t coming back.

Thought it was more to do with the fact he didn't have a wage drop clause in his contract? to be honest only person I saw anything from about wanting to leave was Foster as soon as we went down.

No way Rondon will sign a new deal or even be offered one as if we can't pay his wages now, we got no chance of paying him a penny more. He will be gone probably back to over into Europe.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline vrabbit

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4307 on: June 12, 2019, 10:19:01 PM »
Why?

I appreciate the energy but Rondon is heading towards the end of the prime of his career. By all accounts his #1 destination is Newcastle and he seems to be having a very patient approach with them while they sort out the possible takeover and/or whether Rafa stays at the club (I don't think he goes back to NUFC if Rafa doesn't). After that, the possibility of going to Wolves and getting back to Euro League football has to be very tempting. I'm not up to speed on whether West Ham are still after him, but even that has to be more appealing in reuniting with Pellegrini (he had great success under him at Malaga scoring 25 goals in 67 games). I'd put signing a new contract at WBA just above the idea of going to Fenerbahce, who won't even be in Euro competition next season.

From the outside looking in scooping someone with the kind of productivity he had last season (12 goals and 7 assists in 33 appearances in all competitions) for 16.5 million is shrewd business, and the release clause puts WBA at a disadvantage as far as trying to persuade him to sign new contract (if that's what the club wanted, which I don't believe it is).

And I'm with you in that I'm not totally thrilled about being in Jacko's camp, but the idea that Newcastle plays attacking football is misguided. Admittedly it came as a shock to me just how defensive in his approach Rafa is. That being said yes, there was definitely a noticeable difference between the support Rondon got in the attack with NUFC last season than what he got in his 3 years here. So the support was better but it was still mostly counter-attacking football and more conservative than anything else (i.e.: all 11 players on defense when the opposing team had a corner kick). Also NUFC's roster last season wasn't significantly better than what WBA had while in their last few seasons in the PL (sans Almiron joining last winter, he's really something), they just had a better identity when it came to attacking.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4308 on: June 12, 2019, 10:27:48 PM »

I know the handball rules have been changed for next season, but I didn't know the goals in the championship had widened to the length of pitch,  as that is the only way he might get 30-35 goals.

I would like to know also how many of his 7 assists last season were due to him missing and the ball just falling to somene who knew where the net was.

He's a mercenary who should be sold ASAP, especially after the interviews he gave after joining on Newcastle on loan last summer, no gratitude for the chance we have him to play in the prem and the massive wedge he took from us and his role in the relegation, just spouting rubbish like he'd just escaped Frizel's cellar.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 10:57:06 PM by BalisPen »

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4309 on: June 12, 2019, 10:49:47 PM »
I rate the guy but he won’t be staying so this debate is futile really. I could never imagine him scoring 30 plus goals though, not a chance.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4310 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:31 AM »
I know the handball rules have been changed for next season, but I didn't know the goals in the championship had widened to the length of pitch,  as that is the only way he might get 30-35 goals.

I would like to know also how many of his 7 assists last season were due to him missing and the ball just falling to somene who knew where the net was.

He's a mercenary who should be sold ASAP, especially after the interviews he gave after joining on Newcastle on loan last summer, no gratitude for the chance we have him to play in the prem and the massive wedge he took from us and his role in the relegation, just spouting rubbish like he'd just escaped Frizel's cellar.

Why is he a mercenary ? I cannot find any comments that were out of order.

Rondon said West Brom would "forever be in my heart" but was "honoured to be joining one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and a team whose fanbase and history are well known the world over".

Thats from the BBC website, whats wrong with it? Newcastle are a massive club.

Him leaving was in our best interests as well as his as it got his wages off the bill, you might not rate the bloke or even like him (have you met him to decide on whether you like him or not ?) but I cannot see anywhere where he disrespected us or acted like a mercenary.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4311 on: June 13, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »
Why is he a mercenary ? I cannot find any comments that were out of order.

Rondon said West Brom would "forever be in my heart" but was "honoured to be joining one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League and a team whose fanbase and history are well known the world over".

Thats from the BBC website, whats wrong with it? Newcastle are a massive club.

Him leaving was in our best interests as well as his as it got his wages off the bill, you might not rate the bloke or even like him (have you met him to decide on whether you like him or not ?) but I cannot see anywhere where he disrespected us or acted like a mercenary.

Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

So he could have sounded grateful then imo.

He just  wanted to maintain a prem salary.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #4312 on: June 13, 2019, 12:46:48 PM »
Here's one for you:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/salomon-rondon-wants-permanent-newcastle-15044025

No mention of gratitude there, and sounds like he was desperate to get out, and taking no responsibility in his part of the relegation. I don't believe this conjecture that he didn't have a relegation clause as imo jp would never have allowed it.

After that he didn't score then got injured and gave that interview (probably at the insistence of his agent) knowing he might have to come back if things didn't turn out good for him.

Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary.

To be fair to Rondon, he doesn’t have any editorial rights or clout on what aspects of an interview he he gave are published.

This was a local reporter from the North East who has no interest in what Rondon thinks of Albion, he is just writing the best story he can for his local audience, Newcastle fans
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #4313 on: June 13, 2019, 02:35:00 PM »
Here's one for you:

[/b]

I have moved for more money every time I've changed jobs all through my working life and suggest that anybody with a modicum of common sense would do the same.
Nothing to do with being a mercenary.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4314 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
[/b]

I have moved for more money every time I've changed jobs all through my working life and suggest that anybody with a modicum of common sense would do the same.
Nothing to do with being a mercenary.

I think it was me called him a mercenary first, but I only meant in the way almost all players now are, it's their job, so it wasn't meant that harshly.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4315 on: June 13, 2019, 02:56:11 PM »
Here's one for you:

Eden Hazard has moved for more money each time so is he a mercenary or just someone looking to better himself?

Why would you move for less money when football is a short career? Of course he wanted to maintain his salary which would have happened if he stayed here if reports are true that there was no wage drop clause, if true then its was in our interests as well as his to move him on. You might not believe and we'll probably never know but didn't Chadli also not have a wage drop clause?

You say Peace wouldn't allow it? Sometimes its the only way to get players in to agree to their demands and there was a slight change at times under Pulis.

That link is from a North East newspaper so it will be full of things about Newcastle and won't mention us as up there they couldn't care less about us yet you ignore the BBC link I put on that said this club will be forever in his heart, very selective aren't you?

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4316 on: June 13, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
Eden Hazard has moved for more money each time so is he a mercenary or just someone looking to better himself?

Why would you move for less money when football is a short career? Of course he wanted to maintain his salary which would have happened if he stayed here if reports are true that there was no wage drop clause, if true then its was in our interests as well as his to move him on. You might not believe and we'll probably never know but didn't Chadli also not have a wage drop clause?

You say Peace wouldn't allow it? Sometimes its the only way to get players in to agree to their demands and there was a slight change at times under Pulis.

That link is from a North East newspaper so it will be full of things about Newcastle and won't mention us as up there they couldn't care less about us yet you ignore the BBC link I put on that said this club will be forever in his heart, very selective aren't you?

No, I have mentioned "that" interview you mention and not ignored it and stated my opinion about it, so not selective at all!

It's good you try to defend his Newcastle paper interview, that's your choice and your opinion, but it would be a very risky strategy from a failing newspaper industry reporter to miss out Albion loving quotes made by Rondon, and risk alienating access to him, more likely Rondon says what he needs to say to maintain his earning potential.

I have no doubt he'd join Bournemouth if the money was more and he doesn't care about the size of the club, which in my eyes is mercenary and in your eyes is someone who wants to better themselves.

But, I am WBA fan so my views are based on what happens there and I don't care about a player wanting to better themselves, as my only concern is WBA bettering themselves, and the disloyalty of the likes of Rondon and Foster is something I don't like.

I've got my own sh++ list of players who have gone on frees like Whyte, Hunt and Gera who have cost the club big money in taking that stance (a situation that can be avoided as seen by Delph at Vile who was on a free but signed a new contract with them with a clause that they got back what they paid for him when he left Leeds to join them and then moved to City) and in my eyes it is disloyalty and in your eyes it is them bettering themselves. They were all great players for the Albion, but once do that they go right down in my opinion.

My opinion is just different from yours, that's all.

It'll be interesting to see if he doesn't get his perm move (which I hope he does) and he goes for a free next year, what the views will be on here.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4317 on: June 13, 2019, 04:02:46 PM »
No, I have mentioned "that" interview you mention and not ignored it and stated my opinion about it, so not selective at all!

It's good you try to defend his Newcastle paper interview, that's your choice and your opinion, but it would be a very risky strategy from a failing newspaper industry reporter to miss out Albion loving quotes made by Rondon, and risk alienating access to him, more likely Rondon says what he needs to say to maintain his earning potential.

I have no doubt he'd join Bournemouth if the money was more and he doesn't care about the size of the club, which in my eyes is mercenary and in your eyes is someone who wants to better themselves.

But, I am WBA fan so my views are based on what happens there and I don't care about a player wanting to better themselves, as my only concern is WBA bettering themselves, and the disloyalty of the likes of Rondon and Foster is something I don't like.

I've got my own sh++ list of players who have gone on frees like Whyte, Hunt and Gera who have cost the club big money in taking that stance (a situation that can be avoided as seen by Delph at Vile who was on a free but signed a new contract with them with a clause that they got back what they paid for him when he left Leeds to join them and then moved to City) and in my eyes it is disloyalty and in your eyes it is them bettering themselves. They were all great players for the Albion, but once do that they go right down in my opinion.

My opinion is just different from yours, that's all.

It'll be interesting to see if he doesn't get his perm move (which I hope he does) and he goes for a free next year, what the views will be on here.

Obviously if you are only selecting certain sections and not looking around then you are being selective. I haven't defended him at all, I just pointed out another part where he praised us, there is also a comment in the Birmingham Mail where he praised us but a Newcastle based paper couldn't care less about it and why should they, our local papers would do exactly the same -

“We did really well under Darren Moore. In the last few games we only lost the last one, but we went down to the Championship. The only positive thing for me over the past three years was when I arrived in the Premier League the supporters made me feel like I was at home, to be honest.

“I remember my first game against Manchester City and they sung to me. It was an amazing feeling. It was a dream to come to the Premier League and that was a beautiful moment for me as a footballer. But the way last season went was very tough.”

At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.

I also don't remember him downing tools last Summer or throwing toys out like Chadli or Dawson or making comments as soon as we went down like Foster or making the comments about staying the press and then telling the manager he wanted to leave like Robinson did. Those could be classed as mercenarys.

I fully expect him to go this Summer as the club need his wages off the wage bill, whether he goes out on loan again or a permanent deal he will be gone.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4318 on: June 13, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »
Obviously if you are only selecting certain sections and not looking around then you are being selective. I haven't defended him at all, I just pointed out another part where he praised us, there is also a comment in the Birmingham Mail where he praised us but a Newcastle based paper couldn't care less about it and why should they, our local papers would do exactly the same -

“We did really well under Darren Moore. In the last few games we only lost the last one, but we went down to the Championship. The only positive thing for me over the past three years was when I arrived in the Premier League the supporters made me feel like I was at home, to be honest.

“I remember my first game against Manchester City and they sung to me. It was an amazing feeling. It was a dream to come to the Premier League and that was a beautiful moment for me as a footballer. But the way last season went was very tough.”

At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had.

I also don't remember him downing tools last Summer or throwing toys out like Chadli or Dawson or making comments as soon as we went down like Foster or making the comments about staying the press and then telling the manager he wanted to leave like Robinson did. Those could be classed as mercenarys.

I fully expect him to go this Summer as the club need his wages off the wage bill, whether he goes out on loan again or a permanent deal he will be gone.

The fact that the Newcastle article states he was training on his own, doesn't imply what he did behind the scenes.

He did exactly the same as Foster imo,  the difference being nobody was prepared to pay the release clause.

So I don't see how you can label the others you named as mercenaries, but not rondon.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4319 on: June 13, 2019, 04:44:27 PM »
The fact that the Newcastle article states he was training on his own, doesn't imply what he did behind the scenes.

He did exactly the same as Foster imo,  the difference being nobody was prepared to pay the release clause.

So I don't see how you can label the others you named as mercenaries, but not rondon.

Quite easy, Foster said as soon as we went down he wanted out. Robinson says in the press he wants to stay, RDM's first day he doesn't say morning gaffer, he just says I want to leave.

As for Rondon it clearly states - And Rondon also says that the uncertainty over the protracted negotiations left him in limbo – with West Brom putting him on a different training schedule and keeping him out of pre-season games on the understanding that a move would happen. therefore stating that THE CLUB put him training on his own so not the same as him doing it himself or refusing to climb hills like Chadli or Dawson not going on a tour.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4320 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »
Quite easy, Foster said as soon as we went down he wanted out. Robinson says in the press he wants to stay, RDM's first day he doesn't say morning gaffer, he just says I want to leave.

As for Rondon it clearly states - And Rondon also says that the uncertainty over the protracted negotiations left him in limbo – with West Brom putting him on a different training schedule and keeping him out of pre-season games on the understanding that a move would happen. therefore stating that THE CLUB put him training on his own so not the same as him doing it himself or refusing to climb hills like Chadli or Dawson not going on a tour.

So basically, you are saying that he didn't say he wanted out behind the scenes and that is your opinion.

You see him as loyal, I see him as a mercenary who was glad to be in the promised land of tv money.

The comments you yourself quoted above mentions him being happy to be coming to the Premier league, etc, etc and doesn't mention anything about coming to us.

You also defended him as stating it was a short career, well it's a lot longer than the poor so and so's who graft to put the £70k reported he was on, in his pocket.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4321 on: June 13, 2019, 05:45:10 PM »
So basically, you are saying that he didn't say he wanted out behind the scenes and that is your opinion.

You see him as loyal, I see him as a mercenary who was glad to be in the promised land of tv money.

The comments you yourself quoted above mentions him being happy to be coming to the Premier league, etc, etc and doesn't mention anything about coming to us.

You also defended him as stating it was a short career, well it's a lot longer than the poor so and so's who graft to put the £70k reported he was on, in his pocket.

I didn't say I saw him as loyal, I also didn't state he was a mercenary as you have claimed, you stated

I have no idea about his early career except that his first club was in his home country and therefore like 99% of players in a country in South America he will join a club in Europe if offered the chance. No idea why he left Las Palmas but possibly as Malaga were in a higher division but I do know why he left Malaga as the Sheikh who brought them basically stopped putting money in hence why they have gone from a club competing in the Champions League to a club now trying to get out of the second division. I watch a lot of Malaga games when I can hence why I was happy when we signed him. So again nothing to do with him being a mercenary, the fact is his club could not afford him or any of the other big names they had signed.

I have no idea why he left one club in Russia for another as I know nothing about Russian football but he joined us just over 12 months after joining Zenit as clubs had to cut down the number of foreign players, the fee when he joined us was also less than his club paid for him so who knows if he took a pay cut to come to us, you may know and be able to tell us.

Hardly the career of a mercenary. Yes it is a short career but his wages are more likely to be coming from Sky TV than us.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4322 on: June 13, 2019, 07:42:22 PM »

A mercenary ...in the same mould as Dwight Gayle ?

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #4323 on: June 13, 2019, 08:47:30 PM »
I didn't say I saw him as loyal, I also didn't state he was a mercenary as you have claimed, you stated

I have no idea about his early career except that his first club was in his home country and therefore like 99% of players in a country in South America he will join a club in Europe if offered the chance. No idea why he left Las Palmas but possibly as Malaga were in a higher division but I do know why he left Malaga as the Sheikh who brought them basically stopped putting money in hence why they have gone from a club competing in the Champions League to a club now trying to get out of the second division. I watch a lot of Malaga games when I can hence why I was happy when we signed him. So again nothing to do with him being a mercenary, the fact is his club could not afford him or any of the other big names they had signed.

I have no idea why he left one club in Russia for another as I know nothing about Russian football but he joined us just over 12 months after joining Zenit as clubs had to cut down the number of foreign players, the fee when he joined us was also less than his club paid for him so who knows if he took a pay cut to come to us, you may know and be able to tell us.

Hardly the career of a mercenary. Yes it is a short career but his wages are more likely to be coming from Sky TV than us.

Given he'll be guided by an agent, who wants the most as he gets 10%, do you honestly think he moves for lower wages when he moves?

If he left his last club for a lower wage to come to us, I am sure he and his agent would have got the difference from them before committing to us.

Just like Gayle did when signing a new contract at Newcastle before coming to us. They look after themselves first, we just help to pay their wages at the club and through sky and BT.

So given the definition of a mercenary I would argue most players are this way.

You get the rare occasion like collins ripping up his vile contract after injuring himself (worse luck for us as they got mings then), but the rest like Rodwell will want all their contract paid up and wouldn't care what the financial position of the club was, and I am not saying that is wrong, just that but I don't believe we are in his heart like he claims.

If a player wants a nomadic mercenary career, that is his perogative but I don't have to like it.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4324 on: June 13, 2019, 09:02:37 PM »
Given he'll be guided by an agent, who wants the most as he gets 10%, do you honestly think he moves for lower wages when he moves?

If he left his last club for a lower wage to come to us, I am sure he and his agent would have got the difference from them before committing to us.

Just like Gayle did when signing a new contract at Newcastle before coming to us. They look after themselves first, we just help to pay their wages at the club and through sky and BT.

So given the definition of a mercenary I would argue most players are this way.

You get the rare occasion like collins ripping up his vile contract after injuring himself (worse luck for us as they got mings then), but the rest like Rodwell will want all their contract paid up and wouldn't care what the financial position of the club was, and I am not saying that is wrong, just that but I don't believe we are in his heart like he claims.

If a player wants a nomadic mercenary career, that is his perogative but I don't have to like it.

Name a player that voluntarily moves for less money when they are beginning and going through their career not coming to the end?

You claimed "Look at the number of clubs he has played for, he moves for a higher wage every time, which imo is a mercenary."

I explained why he left Malaga and why he left Zenit, please explain how either of them make him a mercenary as I am baffled by your comments ?

I also said "who knows if he took a pay cut to come here" as I don't know, I do know Russian clubs paid stupid money at one time, whether that has ended I don't know but like any player who does not request a move the clubs have to pay their contracts up or negotiate a deal with the player.