West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 553188 times)

Offline Westie

• Junior Baggie
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #3375 on: June 13, 2018, 08:41:08 PM »
I wouldn’t been keen on us signing Gayle, I would much rather we went after the Peterborough striker Jack Marriott.

Offline Baggie79

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3376 on: June 13, 2018, 08:58:52 PM »
All I would say is that if he didn't have a £16.5m release how much would we be asking for him? One things for sure we wouldn't be selling him for that kind of stupidly low figure.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Offline tylerm

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3377 on: June 13, 2018, 10:13:47 PM »
All I would say is that if he didn't have a £16.5m release how much would we be asking for him? One things for sure we wouldn't be selling him for that kind of stupidly low figure.

About 10 million. Bloke can’t hit a barn door and the goals are the same size in the championship

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3378 on: June 13, 2018, 11:13:57 PM »
About 10 million. Bloke can’t hit a barn door and the goals are the same size in the championship
He still got the goal of the season for us.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3379 on: June 13, 2018, 11:15:57 PM »
goals are the same size in Spain, Russia and Europe too where he averages a goal every 2.3 games in league and European competition.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3380 on: June 14, 2018, 02:59:39 AM »

That would be why we rejected £32m from Tianjin Quanjian in 2017 then...

Beggars belief on here sometimes  ???

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #3381 on: June 14, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »

stock prices go up & down but he'd need no legs do have devalued by £22m.

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #3382 on: June 14, 2018, 08:30:55 AM »

A quick reminder , this is a forum and other members are entitled to their view just as much as you are.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3383 on: June 14, 2018, 10:12:13 PM »
A quick reminder , this is a forum and other members are entitled to their view just as much as you are.

Obviously, but stating the club would be asking for £10m when they rejected £32m isn't an opinion.

Offline Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #3384 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »

Obviously, but stating the club would be asking for £10m when they rejected £32m isn't an opinion.
The remark I refer to is " beggers belief on here sometimes " , hence the forum reminder .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Offline baggie82

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3385 on: June 15, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »

Utter madness not to sell him for that sort of money when we had the chance. Could have made an extra £30m had we sold Rondon in 2017 (when we were already safe) and Evans in the last couple of windows (who we played better without over the last year). That alone would have paid for a new Halford stand. Club has legacy of not moving players on at the right time. We did the same with Berahino who we sold for £12m having turned down bids of over £20m.

You'd think he'd be sold for his release clause of £16m but clubs haven't rushed in yet, like they did for Evans.

Offline Scooby Doo

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3386 on: June 15, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Utter madness not to sell him for that sort of money when we had the chance. Could have made an extra £30m had we sold Rondon in 2017 (when we were already safe) and Evans in the last couple of windows (who we played better without over the last year). That alone would have paid for a new Halford stand. Club has legacy of not moving players on at the right time. We did the same with Berahino who we sold for £12m having turned down bids of over £20m.

You'd think he'd be sold for his release clause of £16m but clubs haven't rushed in yet, like they did for Evans.

Should imagine Rondon could be used as a deadline day signing by any club. So if he's still here on the 9th August it will be squeaky bum time if we've haven't strengthened adequately as a result of him being here. All someone has to do is meet that clause that day and we're in trouble.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3387 on: June 15, 2018, 05:31:13 PM »

totally agree, sheer lunacy not to sell him late on deadline day when we still had HRK anyway. He’s clearly not rated by anyone in football because no one has activated his 16.5mil release clause but Leicester activated Evans’ 3.5mil one very quick after arsenal and Man City didn’t follow up their large bids from previous windows.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3388 on: June 15, 2018, 05:37:43 PM »
There won't be much done transfer wise with the world cup being on this summer.  It's nearly always after the world cup when teams start moving for players.

Offline baggie82

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3389 on: June 15, 2018, 10:49:41 PM »
There won't be much done transfer wise with the world cup being on this summer.  It's nearly always after the world cup when teams start moving for players.

I agree but it’s slightly different this year as the window closes earlier so the market should be heating up sooner rather than later.

Offline BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3390 on: June 16, 2018, 05:41:10 AM »

Only leaves 3 weeks to get deals done after World Cup ends, and we will be 2-3 weeks into pre season training by then. I sincerely hope we get some deals done before then but it does seems obvious we won’t be buying until we get funds from sale of Rondon, Chadli or Dawson etc depart.

Offline VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3391 on: June 16, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
totally agree, sheer lunacy not to sell him late on deadline day when we still had HRK anyway. He’s clearly not rated by anyone in football because no one has activated his 16.5mil release clause but Leicester activated Evans’ 3.5mil one very quick after arsenal and Man City didn’t follow up their large bids from previous windows.

There are plenty of players with release clauses that haven't been activated yet. It's a bit naive to think there is no interest in him Newcastle for one, are 100% interested.

Offline we8seals

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3392 on: June 17, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »

Was a good post until about half way through, because Rondon IS a £30 million striker, he's just got a silly low release clause which I guess we had to agree to to stand any chance of signing him in the first place.

Put it this way, when he's gone you won't see another as good as him for a good few years.

i agree with you totally. my use of the 15 million striker phrase relates to what we paid for him - and what we might have got spending 15 million elsewhere. i think i might be dead by the time we spend 30 million on a striker - and that is what replacing rondon would cost.

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3393 on: June 17, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
There are plenty of players with release clauses that haven't been activated yet. It's a bit naive to think there is no interest in him Newcastle for one, are 100% interested.
sorry my post was pure sarcasm and disbelief that people think we should have sold him with no replacement. Personally I think rondon is class and played right will score goals in any team, he’ll leave us and be successful.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

Offline OllieTheBaggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3394 on: June 18, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
If Stoke can get Joe Allen to sign a 4 year deal, we should be doing all we can to keep our star players (Such as Rondon, J-Rod and Dawson).

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3395 on: June 19, 2018, 03:51:55 PM »
If Stoke can get Joe Allen to sign a 4 year deal, we should be doing all we can to keep our star players (Such as Rondon, J-Rod and Dawson).

Wonder if there is a release clause in there that becomes active after 12 months in the prem...
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3396 on: June 19, 2018, 07:27:07 PM »

Wonder if HRK has a release clause?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #3397 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:30 PM »
Wonder if HRK has a release clause?

Let’s hope now as that means we are stuck with him  :(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:07:34 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline baggie38

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3398 on: June 20, 2018, 12:52:52 AM »
Let’s hope now as that means we are stuck with him  :(

Someone from overseas would have him if they were desperate and we actually transfer listed the bloke.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #3399 on: June 21, 2018, 08:14:56 AM »
There is a thread for discussing Robson- Kanu, this is the Salomon Rondon thread.