West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Matty Phillips  (Read 166781 times)

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Matty Phillips
« Reply #1200 on: August 14, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »
He didn't look right Saturday - I'm not sure he's fully fit, as he was hiding from the ball and not really driving forward when he had it.

I'm sure we'll be looking to use all the players well over a 46 game season, but it's too early to be talking about moving players in as strikers.

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1201 on: August 14, 2019, 12:47:36 PM »
Phillips can't play with his back to goal he isn't a striker. He's best when he can carry the ball.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1202 on: August 14, 2019, 04:26:30 PM »
Phillips can't play with his back to goal he isn't a striker. He's best when he can carry the ball.
Strikers don't have to play with their back to goal. Just 2 examples Gayle and Kevin Phillips.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #1203 on: August 14, 2019, 04:45:29 PM »
I do think Phillips would score 10-15 goals if played wide in a front three with a decent centre forward.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1204 on: August 14, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
Strikers don't have to play with their back to goal. Just 2 examples Gayle and Kevin Phillips.

They are natural instinctive goalscorers Phillips isn't.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1205 on: August 21, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »
Thought Phillips had one of his best games for a while. Was a handful for their defenders  and contributed to some of the best link up play. Deserved to be kept on until the end. Combined well with Furlong who is going to provide some stiff competition for Ferguson.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline jamesh_91

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1206 on: August 21, 2019, 11:52:12 PM »
The guy was good for 60 minutes today and after that was absolutely knackered and should of come off.

I'd like to see a bit more end product from him though.

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #1207 on: Yesterday at 05:47:22 AM »
The guy was good for 60 minutes today and after that was absolutely knackered and should of come off.

I'd like to see a bit more end product from him though.

I tend to agree with this Phillips has 70 minutes in him and less if he plays multiple games in a short amount of time. We can't afford to play him to much and when we have options no risk in him burning out and getting injured.

He was good tonight and he was helped by furlong making space for him
O Albion we love you