Poll

If we have to win one and lose one next week would you rather:

Win cup but lose league
90 (81.1%)
Win league but lose cup
21 (18.9%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Author Topic: 3 Mar 2015 Aston Villa 2 Albion 1  (Read 75815 times)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #550 on: March 03, 2015, 10:03:03 PM »
This is what happens when you settle for a draw. One mistake and it costs you the game.

Exactly what i said afew times now and I was told off for being a killjoy and received some flippant remarks.

I'm gutted, we all are and ontop of that it cost me like £200 on a bet.

But we will be ok and the Cup is more important.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

JMullen95

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #551 on: March 03, 2015, 10:05:20 PM »
Billy Big Ben is at it again, this guy was a major contributor to Irvine getting the sack with his pathetic goalkeeping, hope we sell him in the summer

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2015, 10:07:13 PM »
Billy Big Ben is at it again, this guy was a major contributor to Irvine getting the sack with his pathetic goalkeeping, hope we sell him in the summer
He has the most clean sheets in the Premier League.   :-X
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2015, 10:09:18 PM »
When people look at this game they will think of the Foster mistake at the end but in my eyes we were set up wrong from the start. It's as if Pulis does not care one bit if we win away from home, he's more than content to sit and defend and try and get a goal on the counter attack or from a set piece. I'm not moaning because we are on 30 points and in a lot better position now than we would have been had we still got Irvine but it's so boring watching us away at the moment.

We go again on Saturday, don't get on Fosters back. Yes he had a bad game but everyone makes mistakes, he's saved us countless enough times in the past to warrant a bad game every now and again...just a shame he had to have it in a local derby.

Smethwick..

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #554 on: March 03, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »
We have got to put Pocognoli in on Saturday. We need someone to bomb down the left and cross a decent ball. I would also play Sessegnon, Mulumbu and, hopefully, Macmanaman and have Nabi on the bench. Foster's confidence will be rock bottom after tonight so bring in Myhill too.

SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #555 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:11 PM »

One of the most ridiculous things someone had said on this board! There is knee jerk and then there is this comment :(

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: March 03, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
Still sick at what went on and still fuming at what Foster did all evening...............the more I think about it and it's potentially bigger impact to us fans and helping Vile the more it has to be one of the worst single goalkeeping performances ever in a goalkeeping shirt ?   He will be mocked like anything by them on Saturday IF he plays - he's given the Villa fans hope, excitement and momentum now for Saturday and possibly the rest of the season under Dim Tim.

So looking forward to this week but now feeling shell-shocked by what we have done and how we have all but killed our excitement for Saturday..........
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #557 on: March 03, 2015, 10:13:45 PM »
There were ten albionplayers on the dung heap who could not find a team mate with a pass for most of the game. Fletcher an exception and Jacob seemed to give it to another albion man fairly often who would then give it back to the *****. there was very poor movement from players like morrison and gardner to find any space  and he front two looked as unfit as they were supposed to be, the pain killers were not working enough to prevent them pulling out of tackles. It's also very noble to try to stay on your feet when fouled but against this bunch of dirty bstds they should have gone over when touched and rolled about a bit like the claret and blue twats did. however you cannot hide the fact that this was a truly terrible performance and has utterly ruined the rest of the week until we put it right on sat.

maybe other teams will kick sht out of the vile and still send them to where this team and their chicken faced arrogant poxy cockney manager belong

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #558 on: March 03, 2015, 10:13:49 PM »
They are a massive club though at least our great little club had a go.

That was a nightmare performance for Foster. I do think Pulis needed to make changes though and I slated Irvine for not making changes and Pulis should be questioned a little here. The likes of Moz and Gardner looked shattered.

These flat lifeless performances always seem to happen when the players are expected to play two games a week. Move them out of the comfort zone and they can't cope with it.

Can't say I'm in the slightest bit surprised about it though.

On a different note I think we must be the only team in the league that ever manages to make Agbonlahor look like a Premier League striker.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #559 on: March 03, 2015, 10:14:03 PM »
With regards Foster he has looked shaky all season, Foster is a good shot stopper without doubt but I have far more confidence in Myhill not to make a mistake. The state of Foster's kicking alone would be enough for me to consider dropping him.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #560 on: March 03, 2015, 10:14:23 PM »
Why must we always save their season.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #561 on: March 03, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »
He has the most clean sheets in the Premier League.   :-X
He is a liability like brunt ...if pulis think's brunt is a better option than pocognoli then his reign will be as short as father Ted's !

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #562 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:11 PM »
I am  bloody fuming >:(  and feel sorry for the fans that went.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #563 on: March 03, 2015, 10:17:44 PM »
We have got to put Pocognoli in on Saturday. We need someone to bomb down the left and cross a decent ball. I would also play Sessegnon, Mulumbu and, hopefully, Macmanaman and have Nabi on the bench. Foster's confidence will be rock bottom after tonight so bring in Myhill too.

So many passengers tonight............. usual suspects like Brunt and Morrison running out of energy after some decent games and the strikers looked so unfit.

Pulis needed to changes things around when we equalised but failed tonight - seeing Baird come on at the end, like at Sunderland, was just woeful.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Kingy90

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #564 on: March 03, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
best team won, we made them look like real madrid first half, absolutely gutted, lets hope they put it right saturday
All hate wolves scum

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #565 on: March 03, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »
We definitely need a better plan for away games. It is important to win away too, not only at home.

Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #566 on: March 03, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »
That wasn't a bad game by Foster, it was a shocker.

We had a chance to get on top early on as Villa looked nervous but we had no intention of taking the game by the scruff.

We have to have more of a threat, we've got no pace to hit on the break with that line-up.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2015, 10:20:51 PM »
While I know Villa should have been home and dry at H/T I still feel we chucked that away, after 60 mins they offered nothing going forward..., they were there for the taking.
I admire Pulis and the job he has done so far but the way we set up away from home has got to change, so negative and theres no width at all...lumpng it to nobody for 90 mins.
Several players looked flat tonight , changes or at least subs were needed especially at 1-1 when Villa ran out of ideas.
Foster , poor tonight....doesn't normally have games like that , will be interesting to see who starts Saturday. He wasn't on his own though , Gardner was awful , others nearly as bad and the front two struggled all night looking short on fitness. Surely Sess should have been on? , Pulis next big challenge getting us playing away from home like we do at home.
Take this one on the chin , regroup for Sat.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
With regards Foster he has looked shaky all season, Foster is a good shot stopper without doubt but I have far more confidence in Myhill not to make a mistake. The state of Foster's kicking alone would be enough for me to consider dropping him.
agree foster has a problem needs to sort it out

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2015, 10:22:30 PM »
Absolutely devastated - after clawing our way back in to the game after a shocking first half and then looking comfortable for a point - cannot believe we threw it away - catalogue of errors from Foster all night and a catalogue of errors for the winner
"This is the standard now. This is the minimum. You have to be like this in the Championship. You have to be on it, and we were from minute one to minute ninety."

Matty

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #570 on: March 03, 2015, 10:23:15 PM »
If an outfield player is having an obvious shocker, they're subsistuted. Why are goalies never replaced when they're having a bad game?

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #571 on: March 03, 2015, 10:28:00 PM »
Typical Albion performance at Seal Parks. Our fans are always up for it, outsinging the jokers every year and then the team just rolls over. Perhaps it was all a ruse to lull them into a false sense of security for Saturday. It will be all the sweeter  ;D

By the way, how was that thug Hutton not sent off

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #572 on: March 03, 2015, 10:29:46 PM »
Very poor performance, we got what we deserved.
Baggie in Southampton

calgarybaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #573 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:27 PM »
OK.  I will be the first to say it:  We will win 3-0 on Saturday.  Because that's the way football goes. We were never going to win both games and neither were they. 

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #574 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »
Right after playing so shocking in the first half can anyone tell why TP didn't  change it round?  Does any think he will change anything for Saturday. Brunt, Morrison  need to be dropped. I am so angry the dog won't come in the house.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.