Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 1466785 times)

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #7000 on: April 04, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »
There is also a Premier Inn not 5 minutes away from The Hawthorns in West Brom town Centre and about 20 minutes away on a good day is J10 of the M6 which has two Hotels right by it unless it was 2 as one burnt down but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if J9 has any by it and and about 2 minutes away from J10 in Bentley is a Premier Inn to but for the club to build a Hotel would help us financially. However I don't think we have the land to do it
There’s also one by the prem inn in West Brom....but I wouldn’t advise using it....unless you really want to make some interesting new friends 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7001 on: April 04, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »
Well this businessman always goes for a walk or a run .......

Plenty of pavements in West Brom Zippy, there's even a golf course and a run around Sandwell Valley to consider. If that's not to your particular taste the Brummie metropolis is only just down the road  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7002 on: April 04, 2021, 05:27:43 PM »
There’s also one by the prem inn in West Brom....but I wouldn’t advise using it....unless you really want to make some interesting new friends 😀
I think I know the place your going on about from when Me and my dad walked from West Brom to The Hawthorns you pass what I thought was a Pub which my dad said isn't a Pub at all but a rather strange place
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7003 on: April 05, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
Lepkowski has fleshed out the bones of Morley’s story today slightly basically suggesting the buyer wants a structured deal dependent on what division we find ourselves in rather than a set price
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7004 on: April 05, 2021, 03:07:04 PM »
Lepkowski has fleshed out the bones of Morley’s story today slightly basically suggesting the buyer wants a structured deal dependent on what division we find ourselves in rather than a set price

We were told about a similar deal to this before weren't we. I wonder if its same buyer.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7005 on: April 05, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »

well thats just common sense, which we discussed on here at length months ago. Not shooting the messenger by the way, just the message is not insightful IMO

Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7006 on: April 05, 2021, 05:37:23 PM »

We were told about a similar deal to this before weren't we. I wonder if its same buyer.
He (CL) seems to be of the opinion that it is . It does seem to have gone half a step further with the preferred bidder scenario in play

gazberg

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7007 on: April 05, 2021, 05:40:52 PM »
He (CL) seems to be of the opinion that it is . It does seem to have gone half a step further with the preferred bidder scenario in play

Thanks for the info mate. Where can i find this article? or is it just CL twitter?

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7008 on: April 05, 2021, 05:44:18 PM »
It’s around on social media but did not originate on his Twitter feed . I think it is going to be stated on at least one of the podcasts he’s involved with as well . Having trouble with copy and paste but google ‘Lepkowski on WBA takeover ‘ and look for the most recent date . The actual article has today’s date on it
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 05:47:23 PM by hardtobeat »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7009 on: April 05, 2021, 06:15:45 PM »
Is this the article?

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2021/04/05/west-brom-takeover-news-interested-party-wants-structured-deal-with-guochuan-lai/

It's explained better in the liquidator podcast.

Lepkowski is expressing similar concerns to those expressed by Standaman on here.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

hardtobeat

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7010 on: April 05, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »
Yep that looks like the one John

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7011 on: April 10, 2021, 12:34:14 PM »
Villa have spent substantial amounts on upgrading their training ground and academy. They are now commissioning plans to expand their stadium. But remember, any suggestion of new Halfords Lane to bring our stadium into the 21st century is a vanity project! Think small, stay small - should be our new club motto.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7012 on: April 10, 2021, 01:37:17 PM »
Villa have spent substantial amounts on upgrading their training ground and academy. They are now commissioning plans to expand their stadium. But remember, any suggestion of new Halfords Lane to bring our stadium into the 21st century is a vanity project! Think small, stay small - should be our new club motto.
so have we... and both ground expansions ARE vanity projects.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7013 on: April 10, 2021, 01:39:19 PM »
[/b]

I suppose that's better than think Big go Bust
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7014 on: April 10, 2021, 04:58:06 PM »

They've also benefited greatly from a patch of land at the edge of their training ground which lay in the path of HS2, some very creative accounting re their academy and a member of the board who knows every crook and cranny of the Premier League's financial rules because he helped implement them. Their owners are also dripping with money and their motto remains as was; Jammy ********.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:01:18 AM by LiamTheBaggie »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7015 on: April 10, 2021, 05:20:33 PM »

[Villa have spent substantial amounts on upgrading their training ground and academy] so have we... and both ground expansions ARE vanity projects.

Have we, where is this mystery expenditure on out training ground? March 2012 we built a floodlit artificial pitch for the academy, that was eleven years ago. March 2013 we installed under soil heating. Steve Clarke was the manager then. Fact is we haven't had any significant capital investment to move the club on for the best part of a decade.

Also this ground expansions are vanity projects line is incredibly depressing. Was it a vanity project for Liverpool to rebuild their main stand in 2016? How about Everton building a brand new stadium on the docks. Or Wolves expanding Molinuex to 31,700.  What about Spurs rebuilding White Heart Lane, another vanity project? You either look to progress as a club or you get left behind.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7016 on: April 10, 2021, 06:05:16 PM »
Have we, where is this mystery expenditure on out training ground? March 2012 we built a floodlit artificial pitch for the academy, that was eleven years ago. March 2013 we installed under soil heating. Steve Clarke was the manager then. Fact is we haven't had any significant capital investment to move the club on for the best part of a decade.

Also this ground expansions are vanity projects line is incredibly depressing. Was it a vanity project for Liverpool to rebuild their main stand in 2016? How about Everton building a brand new stadium on the docks. Or Wolves expanding Molinuex to 31,700.  What about Spurs rebuilding White Heart Lane, another vanity project? You either look to progress as a club or you get left behind.
We've rebuild the training pitches in the last couple of years and opened a new gym in the last couple of months, cafeteria was also refurbished recently. Not everything gets announced like it's some sports related **** waving match.

As for the expansions, Liverpool were partly paid by Liverpool council to do theirs, if West brom want to pay us then I'd imagine no one would have a problem obliging them. Everton's planned a move for 30 years, Molineux was a total VP (which is why for a long time it was seen as such a white/orange elephant) and White Hart Lane was vastly too small for it's fanbase for close to 20 years... they nearly double their capacity.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 09:03:20 AM by LiamTheBaggie »

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7017 on: April 10, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »
"cafeteria was also refurbished recently" - in that case I take it all back, our ambition is limitless. I'm not okay that our club has stagnated for ten years and has a main stand that you'd expect to find at a local village bowling green.

wodenson46

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7018 on: April 10, 2021, 06:59:55 PM »
Stands, seats and shopping opportunities, or strikers and stoppers, it's a balancing act.
Useful if you can get somebody else to pay part of it, or even get given it if you are a second rate cockney club. Better still if you have an interested wealthy ownership.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7019 on: April 10, 2021, 07:03:18 PM »

Think you need to read this again.

Villa have published their accounts for the financial year ending on May 31, 2020, which was two months prior to the club clinching Premier League survival on July 26.

Villa, meanwhile, outlined how the ongoing pandemic has resulted in £36.1 million of missed revenue with supporters remaining locked out out of Villa Park since February 16, 2020.

A statement on AVFC.CO.UK reads: "The impact of the COVID pandemic had a major effect on the financial results with significant losses of matchday income as matches went behind closed doors and a rebate being payable to broadcasters following the disruption of the season.

"The suspension of the Premier League in March and the subsequent conclusion of the league season after the financial year end on May 31st 2020 resulted in £36.1m of revenue which was expected to be recognised in the financial year now being recognised in the financial year ending May 31st 2021."................

Read more here

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-financial-results-nswe-20353613
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BaggieBoy04

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7020 on: April 10, 2021, 10:24:53 PM »
They've also benefited greatly from a patch of land at the edge of their training ground which lay in the path of HS2, some very creative accounting re their academy and a member of the board who knows every crook and cranny of the Premier League's financial rules because he helped implement them. Their owners are also dripping with money and their motto remains as was; Jammy B@******.
Yep or If in Doubt Give Fall Over and rely on Greasy to Help us and if he is unavailable then try and not hope for a Spanking
Albion Pride Of The Black Country