West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 2989209 times)

Offline GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #18925 on: December 18, 2018, 09:50:26 PM »
Crap team Crap manager. 

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18926 on: December 18, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »
It takes a bit of time but eventually every team he inherits and gets hold of get pulised,Boros biggest mistake was in sacking Monk

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18927 on: December 18, 2018, 10:22:53 PM »
Magnificent

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18928 on: December 18, 2018, 10:23:14 PM »
"Think I’m officially Pulis out. Woeful. Sick of watching awful football week in, week out. I just want a team that turns up, and wants to win the game of football."

Killing the love for the club of another set of fans.

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18929 on: December 19, 2018, 02:07:28 AM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who had grief from boro fans when we lost to them. I'm sat here smiling at their comments. One person on twitter said he wishes he could find the wba fan he argued with because now he'd like to apologise.  :P

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18930 on: December 19, 2018, 03:32:38 AM »
Wish he would go ruin somebody like villa or West Ham or even derby.
O Albion we love you

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #18931 on: December 19, 2018, 06:40:54 AM »
Definitely on borrowed time..the Boro message boards are vitriolic compared to how ours were ..

Sad part is he gets to collect several million in compensation before he flashes his 'never been relegated' CV to some other desperate club.
Bit of a Ground Hog day going on here.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline mank baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18932 on: December 19, 2018, 06:56:44 AM »
Pulis and boro suit each other , hope they go down
mowbray you judas

Offline skyclad99

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18933 on: December 19, 2018, 07:55:37 AM »
They seem to be having a good pop at the chairman Gibson too, but they do now seem to be understanding what Pulis brings to the club...... LOL!
What have we done?
And what have we become
In this distance from our Mother
From the gates of late Eden?

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18934 on: December 19, 2018, 10:10:33 AM »
I called it a few years ago, much as some disagreed with me.

He's done as a manager, he is outdated and cannot relate to modern footballers. There is only so much of running up hills and being berated players can take nowadays. You look at the likes of Guardiola, Poch, Klopp, the man management from them is absolutely superb. He just does not have that.

Offline wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18935 on: December 19, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »
He's past his sell-by date and out-of-touch with modern football. He alienates flair players and distrusts foreign players, and his teams have no balance, pace or unpredictability. The negative stereotype of Pulisball doesn't actually do justice to how bad it is, the Boro fans are starting to realise that now. It isn't just long balls and scoring from corners, it's an overly-defensive and cowardly mindset that drains the life out of the club. Worst of all, it isn't even effective, we couldn't buy a win last season. Boro will struggle to make the play offs.

Offline WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #18936 on: December 19, 2018, 10:47:10 AM »
I still havent found my football mojo yet since your departure and i get to save £400 a month. cheers Tone
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18937 on: December 19, 2018, 11:24:07 AM »
Definitely on borrowed time..the Boro message boards are vitriolic compared to how ours were ..

Makes great reading :D

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18938 on: December 19, 2018, 12:22:23 PM »

Seems to me they want what we have so how come so many of us are not happy?

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18939 on: December 19, 2018, 12:29:43 PM »

They've still got Brexit threads on there  ;)

Offline FallOutBoy

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18940 on: December 19, 2018, 01:27:43 PM »
He's past his sell-by date and out-of-touch with modern football. He alienates flair players and distrusts foreign players, and his teams have no balance, pace or unpredictability. The negative stereotype of Pulisball doesn't actually do justice to how bad it is, the Boro fans are starting to realise that now. It isn't just long balls and scoring from corners, it's an overly-defensive and cowardly mindset that drains the life out of the club. Worst of all, it isn't even effective, we couldn't buy a win last season. Boro will struggle to make the play offs.

Amen.

I can forgive many things from an Albion team, but I can't forgive going out and not even trying to win.

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18941 on: December 19, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
...but he will change his style once he's had 15 transfer windows, then he will play like the Palace side he had for 6 months. Never been relegated and he is a safe pair of hands.

So often we saw this sort of comment on this forum. Was always a load of nonsense and I still think it will take a few years to reconstruct the club following the free rein we gave him. No doubt his never relegated tag is because he has been sacked before its ever got to that. It's a ludicrous stat when you think about it.

He should never be allowed near a football club again. Can't stand the guy.

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #18942 on: December 19, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
...but he will change his style once he's had 15 transfer windows, then he will play like the Palace side he had for 6 months. Never been relegated and he is a safe pair of hands.

So often we saw this sort of comment on this forum. Was always a load of nonsense and I still think it will take a few years to reconstruct the club following the free rein we gave him. No doubt his never relegated tag is because he has been sacked before its ever got to that. It's a ludicrous stat when you think about it.

He's in a long line of British Managers I feel the same about.
The likes of Fat Sam, Pardew, Hughes, Lambert, Cotterill, Moyes etc all have limited shelf lives and are no use to man nor beast in a progressive football club.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline frazzle

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #18943 on: December 19, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
He's in a long line of British Managers I feel the same about.
The likes of Fat Sam, Pardew, Hughes, Lambert, Cotterill, Moyes etc all have limited shelf lives and are no use to man nor beast in a progressive football club.

Agreed but he is by far the worst of them all.

Offline Pie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18944 on: December 19, 2018, 05:24:18 PM »

I've just had a look, makes me feel happy that we are no longer having to endure his football.

Darren has some things to learn and not everything this season has been great but in comparison to what the Boro fans are now coming to realise, its brilliant.

Offline Dan

• WBA Coach
« Reply #18945 on: December 19, 2018, 06:19:30 PM »

The whole good style at Palace was a complete myth anyway, they were bottom of the league for just about every stat indicating any kind of attacking threat.

The difference was he left after 6 months and they had an amazing run of results in that time. That's the thing with Pulis, all will be forgiven with good results and people are happy to sit through the football, even convince themselves its not that bad when its getting results.

The issue is the second bad form emerges there's absolutely no breathing space from the fans.

Offline barnestormer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18946 on: December 19, 2018, 10:34:56 PM »
The whole good style at Palace was a complete myth anyway, they were bottom of the league for just about every stat indicating any kind of attacking threat.

The difference was he left after 6 months and they had an amazing run of results in that time. That's the thing with Pulis, all will be forgiven with good results and people are happy to sit through the football, even convince themselves its not that bad when its getting results.

The issue is the second bad form emerges there's absolutely no breathing space from the fans.
His palace stint is a mix of myth and luck.he inherited a side that had a decent amount of pace and flair players and just needed a bit of confidence. He was there for a relatively short time so hadn't the time to ruin what was a decent squad with his usual influx of slow plodding past it British players

Offline baggies_24

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #18947 on: December 20, 2018, 05:56:06 AM »
I think it’s becoming extremely obvious that modern football has passed managers like Mourinho, Allardyce & Pulis by. If Boro slip out of the top 6 after the festive period I don’t think he’l last. No-one should have to endure the tripe he serves up on a weekly basis.

Offline Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie
« Reply #18948 on: December 20, 2018, 07:23:27 AM »
His football is poor but a lot of the personal abuse aimed at him online is ridiculous.

Offline boinging_along

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #18949 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »
The Boro fans have changed their tune.  While they were top 2 everything was fine.  It's the same with most managers these days, if the results slip then people will target managers and\or players.  And if you're a manager like Pulis it will be his style they'll go for.  I remember on here people moaning their head off because Pulis "praised" the opposition team in the press conferences and he shouted too loud on the touchline.  Stuff that is completely normal, and that Moore does, but nobody has that complaint now.  When DM's results have slipped a bit then people target his rawness, or his substitutions etc.