Author Topic: Jeremy Peace  (Read 289473 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Jeremy Peace
« Reply #300 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:47 PM »
To be honest we appear to be stuck with him for a good while yet. He has done a good job over his tenure here but I think its pretty clear he was in it with the hope that someone would pay a fortune for the club in the long run. Financial fair play rules really do seem to have dashed any hopes of that happening as there isn't really anything in it for an investor when it comes to a club like us they simply won't be able to invest much money in us due to the restrictions.

Its no wonder we were one of the few clubs to vote against the financial fair play rules as all they have done is made it easier for the big clubs to grow and keep smaller clubs like ours well and truly below them without much scope to grow. unless there are some rule changes to make us a more attractive proposition all Peace can do is carry on the way he has been with his only money being the wage he pays himself instead of the big payday he is looking for.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #301 on: March 28, 2014, 08:52:55 PM »
What is officially put in accounts and what is actual can be different, that's what accountants do best.

Fact is its his club and he can do what he wants as long as its legal and there is pretty much nothing any supporter can do about it. Yes he's screwed over shareholders in his time here and he's taken a lot of money out of the club paying himself a wage after gaining control of the club without spending a penny of his own money. However you can't really deny that the club has grown in his time here, it may be due to him wanting that last big payday with a buy out but we have benefited as fans since he took over carrying on the good work started by Thompson.

Love him or hate him we are stuck with him for a while yet.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #302 on: March 28, 2014, 09:13:36 PM »
Fact is its his club and he can do what he wants as long as its legal and there is pretty much nothing any supporter can do about it. Yes he's screwed over shareholders in his time here and he's taken a lot of money out of the club paying himself a wage after gaining control of the club without spending a penny of his own money. However you can't really deny that the club has grown in his time here, it may be due to him wanting that last big payday with a buy out but we have benefited as fans since he took over carrying on the good work started by Thompson.

Love him or hate him we are stuck with him for a while yet.

How many CEOs put their own money into a company they don't set up? Very few. How many CEOs turn a company around in their time in charge and don't take a large wage? He's a businessman running a business and in his time, despite the obvious limits to money and resources, and huge risks involved in that sort of industry, he's not done a bad job. Judge him on his total years at the club not the actions of other people in the last 18 months.

fireymoosse

« Reply #303 on: March 28, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »
How many CEOs put their own money into a company they don't set up? Very few. How many CEOs turn a company around in their time in charge and don't take a large wage? He's a businessman running a business and in his time, despite the obvious limits to money and resources, and huge risks involved in that sort of industry, he's not done a bad job. Judge him on his total years at the club not the actions of other people in the last 18 months.
Not sure what world you are in, but quite a number of CEO's put their own money in, those that believe in the companies they are taking over do anyway, the honest ones. Otherwise I would not trust their true intent in that company.

Didn't Roman put his money in, didn't the Shiek put his money etc etc., same at a number of clubs, majority of  businesses have chairmen who have put money in their respective businesses.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:36:13 PM by fireymoosse »

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #304 on: March 28, 2014, 09:55:40 PM »
Not sure what world you are in, but quite a number of CEO's put their own money in, those that believe in the companies they are taking over do anyway, the honest ones. Otherwise I would not trust their true intent in that company.

Didn't Roman put his money in, didn't the Shiek put his money etc etc., same at a number of clubs, majority of  businesses have chairmen who have put money in their respective businesses.
Peace doesn't have the money those guys have! They are billionaires, sure JP is wealthy but he is no billionaire, so to compare the two is unfair. They can afford to put 100M into the club it wouldn't even put a dent into their pocketbook where that's not the case with JP!!!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #305 on: March 28, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
Peace doesn't have the money those guys have! They are billionaires, sure JP is wealthy but he is no billionaire, so to compare the two is unfair. They can afford to put 100M into the club it wouldn't even put a dent into their pocketbook where that's not the case with JP!!!

Exactly. But don't let facts get in the way of a personal vendetta, eh?

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:25 PM »
Overall under Peace the club has moved on enormously. Both on and off the pitch, I don't think anyone can deny he has done a fantastic job. Yes I want more investment on recruitment but JP will not put the club at risk. This maybe to protect his own pocket but we wont ever do a Leeds/Pompey etc..

This season has been a disaster and I think the departure of Dan Ashworth has had the negative impact a lot of us thought it would.

Yes I'm a JP supporter but not a happy one and can see the valid points the Peace out brigade make. The point is though, surely it is better the devil you know?
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2014, 09:04:57 AM »

Haha, good example there  :o

I'm sure I saw somewhere that Peace is worth about 60million? Please correct me if I am wrong, these days that is peanuts in the Premierleague even putting 10% in wouldn't get you anywhere at all.

Fact is people who cannot see that we have grown as a club over the last 12 years are hugely blinkered.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2014, 10:12:05 AM »
Chelsea and Man City are the exemptions they were bought prior to FFP when it was possible to throw limitless amounts of money at a club to turn it to what they are today and in both cases long term the clubs  could be self sustaining towards the top of the football pyramid. Every other sugar daddy has failed and in many other cases left a trail of bad debt and broken promises behind them. The ownership model which requires super rich owners to subsidise clubs is dead.

It is true that owners put money into all sorts of businesses but it is on the basis that they will get a return. The return they require is dependent on the risk they perceive to be taking. As an industry football has a track record of offering ridiculously high amounts of risk for pitiful gains. Generally people who have invested in football clubs have lost money. There are exemptions to this but typically they are people who had the good fortune to own the bigger clubs (ones with little or no prospect of relegation) prior to the advent of the Premier League. The other group are the people who have taken over basket case clubs from the administrators tarted them up a bit a and sold them on to a rich fool on an ego trip  Gold & Sullivan spring to mind at Birmingham and then again at West Ham.

In short we will not have an owner who will invest in the club without the prospect of a return and that means we will not have one that operates a different model to the one that Peace is running. This is a fact of life that Albion fans had better get used to, will have either Peace or Peace mark II. Peace mark II might come with better PR but he is not going to come bearing gifts. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
Just because I am honest and have my views and am not a sheep, doesn't mean I can't express my views and opinions.

Seems strange though, how in the end most people come round to my way of thinking. 8)

Delusional - as well as an irritating nuisance  ::)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »
Mike Ashley is now the 5th richest man in Britain (apparently) and under the FFP rules he cannot put any more of his own money into Newcastle.   The payroll limits are strict.  Even if you have cash to spend on buying players you still have to pay them a wage and that's where the payroll restrictions kick in.

Attracting a wealthy owner to the Hawthorns will make no difference.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2014, 05:53:08 PM »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2014, 05:58:46 PM »
I'm less of a Peace fan than I was, but "better the devil you know".

If we stay up, we will have seasons like this nearly every year.  If we go down, we are very well placed to get back up.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2014, 07:46:14 PM »

So are you suggesting JP isn't honest? Hmm libelous methinks.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:50 PM »
I'm sure given the warnings we have posted on the forum about libelous comments that fireymoose wouldn't dare be suggesting such thing and if he would be then i'm sure he has the evidence to back up an accusation like that on a public forum.
Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #315 on: March 29, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
Ok so since Peace took over we have got into the Prem, our ground has been improved, our training ground is fantastic, our academy is amongst the best and we have some wonderful players. What a terrible job he has done!!
Gera, Gera, Gera

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #316 on: March 29, 2014, 08:45:04 PM »
peace as ran us very well for quite a few years. however on more than one occasion his penny pinching as cost us. im not asking him to risk everything but roll the dice a little. this year sums it up with poor appointments, poor transfer windows and not allowing pepe to bring in a couple of players after he sold long and got rid of anelka and Rosenberg. yet he still continues taking his million plus a year salary and strengthening his own position with the clubs money.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:56 AM »
After waking up feeling no better than i did at 4:50 yesterday, ive watched MOTD & somehow feel even worse.

I just wonder, why after a terrible 12 months where JP has not made a single correct decision, JP has not come in for more stick from us fans at games.

He has cocked up TD appontments, manager sackings, manager appointment processes, sock quantity orders, AGM diary dates etc etc.

I know were not in debt etc, but at the same time, the bloke breaths negativity into the club.

From his Championship club quotes, to his lack of ambition in terms of spending on fees, the bloke is a nightmare.

Yesterday i began to vent some anger at him, and i just wondered why no other Albion fan seems to want to speak out at him?
Hoof Hoof! Thats the sound of da Pulis!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #318 on: March 30, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Oh look, another JP-related thread, haven't seen one of those around these parts for a while!

WBARoberts

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #319 on: March 30, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
 :-\

Not going to help in the run in. Support is what's needed now, if it transpires that we don't stay up then consider directing some stick. As it stands there's no need at this point of the season. IMO.

kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #320 on: March 30, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »
What is that going to achieve ?  don't you think he knows what the fans think off him.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2014, 11:58:54 AM »
He's teflon-coated.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #322 on: March 30, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
our academy is amongst the best
Based on what exactly? Youngsters appearing on the bench isn't a sign of a successful academy, it's a sign that the squad is deficient!

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: March 30, 2014, 12:25:58 PM »
No I don't think stick at games is going to have any positive outcome really is it?

Too many people are desperate for someone to blame whilst our fate is still in our own hands.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #324 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
What is officially put in accounts and what is actual can be different, that's what accountants do best.

This guy keeps posting garbage without any form of evidence whatsoever which makes him look even sillier  ???

When is this moose going to be culled?