Author Topic: How many more points do you think we will get  (Read 12668 times)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: How many more points do you think we will get
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Whats the panic with JT all of a sudden, he has played 2 games for us all season so he's hardly contributed to the 34 points as he?

Dont think the panic is JT as such its the fact that hes someone who can play on the wing.  The loss of Gera to injury and El Ghanassy out on loan means Odemwingie and Thomas are our only real wingers at the club.  Only Brunt can really be termed a wide midfielder and he mainly plays centrally now.

pattayabaggie

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
Can really see us struggling to hit 40 points this season can't see where the next win is coming from most would argue it will be Sunderland at home but i just don't see it happening :(

baggie-boy-ethan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:58 PM »
Can really see us struggling to hit 40 points this season can't see where the next win is coming from most would argue it will be Sunderland at home but i just don't see it happening :(

You honestly think we wont manage 6 points in 13 games?? There's no way we'll fail to win another game all season. Of course we'll get 40 points I think some people are going over the top with the doom and gloom here, we're a decent side, I still think we'll finish top 10 which is a good season

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2013, 12:48:47 PM »

If thats the case i would expect a new head coach in charge next season hopefully in the Premier league
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2013, 01:31:40 PM »
You honestly think we wont manage 6 points in 13 games?? There's no way we'll fail to win another game all season. Of course we'll get 40 points I think some people are going over the top with the doom and gloom here, we're a decent side, I still think we'll finish top 10 which is a good season
We managed 6 in the last 14
He's a lad from the Wrenna

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:47 PM »
We managed 6 in the last 14
Going on that then it must have been 28 in the previous 11 games, so there is still a chance of Champions league  ;)
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
I reckon 3 if Odemwingie goes which will be against Man Utd on the last day to stop us getting relegated.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »
I reckon 3 if Odemwingie goes which will be against Man Utd on the last day to stop us getting relegated.
So you're expecting us to lose 12 of our next 13 games if we dont keep Odemwingie? What a great 'supporter' you are...heads gone

I'm no Mark Lawrenson but I can predict and would back it up with as much money as you like that we will get more than 3 points!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2013, 03:04:03 PM »
So you're expecting us to lose 12 of our next 13 games if we dont keep Odemwingie? What a great 'supporter' you are...heads gone

I'm no Mark Lawrenson but I can predict and would back it up with as much money as you like that we will get more than 3 points!

There are no guarantees that will will get 3 points on current form are there.The players probably prefer away from home with all the booing of late.I fancy us to get enough points away from the Hawthorns
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »

There are no guarantees that will will get 3 points on current form are there.The players probably prefer away from home with all the booing of late.I fancy us to get enough points away from the Hawthorns
Well if the fans stop the booing and get behind the team we can get points at home as well as away.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2013, 03:14:12 PM »
Hopefully enough to stay safe asap ...oh enough so we don't have to beat Man Utd last day of the season as it's bad enough either them lifting the title at our place or us forming a guard of honour for them! :o :o
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2013, 03:15:21 PM »
150-1 with the bookies for the doom mongers if you honestly think relegation is a probability this season!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »
If we keep our heads and find some hunger for the rest of the season we can do quite well out of March and April again. We need to balance our horrible run over the winter months with positive performances in the spring. Hopefully we can catch out other teams that inevitably will start to hit the beach.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2013, 11:22:02 PM »
150-1 with the bookies for the doom mongers if you honestly think relegation is a probability this season!
;D Had a horse come in once at 150-1??? So you never know???

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2013, 02:03:45 AM »
;D Had a horse come in once at 150-1??? So you never know???
No to the first question. Don´t understand the second one though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2013, 10:32:53 AM »
Well if the fans stop the booing and get behind the team we can get points at home as well as away.
The fans dont play on the pitch do they. Its up to the players to turn it around. The fans can sing and shout as much as they can but if the players are "off form/s***" then we'll still be losing !!

Sorry but I dont subscribe to this "blame the fans for our current run of results" thing
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:35:04 AM by Greenock Baggie »
He's a lad from the Wrenna

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
The fans dont play on the pitch do they. Its up to the players to turn it around. The fans can sing and shout as much as they can but if the players are "off form/s***" then we'll still be losing !!

Sorry but I dont subscribe to this "blame the fans for our current run of results" thing
Do you genuinely believe the fans singing has no effect on a team? I disagree, the better the atmosphere the better the performance I think, likewise if players are booed or moaned at, they are then 'scared' to make a mistake so go hiding in a match. The crowd play a massive part in a match.

row ww

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »
Do you genuinely believe the fans singing has no effect on a team? I disagree, the better the atmosphere the better the performance I think, likewise if players are booed or moaned at, they are then 'scared' to make a mistake so go hiding in a match. The crowd play a massive part in a match.

Agree,Remember the great escape?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2013, 12:23:29 PM »

I know you have been to a lot more games than meover the years mate, but in my exerience when the fans are behind the team and singing loud and proud, the positive atmosphere gets down to the players and seem to perform better. Where as when the crowd go negative and a few boos are heard, that also gets to the players and makes them more nervous which equals more mistakes.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2013, 04:33:22 PM »
My initial 8 points might be a tall order
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »

Since we beat Chelsea i have not seen any evidence to suggest otherwise.rubbish in most of the first 45 minutes in most of those games since

I said this in January and its a concern the pattern of play is the same.Like i said at the start of this thread we wont beat last seasons tally.Oh well i would have taken where we will finish at the start of the season but i do worry for next season.Its a good job i expect to see 3 worse teams next season
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite