West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Why is it so hard to see!??  (Read 2153 times)

Offline mulumbuman

• Junior Baggie
Why is it so hard to see!??
« on: March 21, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
Why is it so hard to see that we defend best when we are attakcing.
For example, against west ham when we were attacking they didn't even come close to scoring, until we tried to defend the lead.
When we try to defend the lead, all of our player just stand on the egde of the box waiting for others to tackle for them.
When we pushed for the secong on saturday, arsenal were'nt creating, until however we tried to defend.
The old cliche is true then in our case , the best defense is a good offense.!
Boing Boing!

Offline RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager
Re: Why is it so hard to see!??
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
Did i imagine us being camped in our own half for most of the game then?

Even when breaking we had to be careful not to send too many players forward as Arsenal are round you like flies.
I only go for the beer.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
I am extremely knowledgeable on the defensive side of the game, I have taught Roy Hodgson everything  know, why he does'nt listen, i have no idea! ;D ::)
Notes from a small island!

Offline RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
I am extremely knowledgeable on the defensive side of the game, I have taught Roy Hodgson everything  know, why he does'nt listen, i have no idea! ;D ::)

I got RDM sacked (according to a former poster on here), so between us we have rescued our season  ;D
I only go for the beer.

Offline Baggie79

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »
Why is it so hard to see that we defend best when we are attakcing.
For example, against west ham when we were attacking they didn't even come close to scoring, until we tried to defend the lead.
When we try to defend the lead, all of our player just stand on the egde of the box waiting for others to tackle for them.
When we pushed for the secong on saturday, arsenal were'nt creating, until however we tried to defend.
The old cliche is true then in our case , the best defense is a good offense.!

Maybe under RDM but that was because we could not defend, I believe under Hodgson it is a different story.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Offline Jeremy Roland Peace

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
for the first time since the Megson era i actually saw 2 banks of 4 defending properly in the first half on saturday. Roy has certainly got us organised defensively

Offline Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
We didn't actually concede many chances when we played under Di Matteo. The problem was that the chances we did concede were clear cut chances because players were too far forward or coming out of their position to press. That meant the opposition didn't have to work hard to get goals.

What Hodgson is trying to do is make teams have to do something special to score against us and Arshavin did that on Saturday unfortunately. We're still conceding one sloppy goal a game though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:04:13 PM by Baggie Artist »

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
It was interesting to see.
We did to Arsenal what other teams did to us let them have the ball and play infont of us then a couple of quick breaks and sneak it.
If brunty had managed to put that one in second half I think the game would have been all over
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:32 PM »
I thought we defended superbly well, really did fill me with confidence that we can go into some games and soak up the pressure. Hodgson has improved us defensively, something which hasn't looked decent for at least four to five maybe six years. Going forward suited us under RDM but at times you have to have a sense of realism and make sure you can defend. It's no good needed to score three every single game which became a common problem under RDM's tenure.

Sunderland away, 0-0 draw with a tough no nonsense defensive display will do me fine.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:42:20 PM »
I thought we defended superbly well, really did fill me with confidence that we can go into some games and soak up the pressure. Hodgson has improved us defensively, something which hasn't looked decent for at least four to five maybe six years. Going forward suited us under RDM but at times you have to have a sense of realism and make sure you can defend. It's no good needed to score three every single game which became a common problem under RDM's tenure.

Completely agree, i think we needed that bit of resuerance at the back which will enable us to know that we can shut up shop if we have to and i feel that on saturday we did that very well, we just got undone by one moment of magic from a top class player which then tips the momentum even more in arsenals favour and when a tean of that quality is playing 4 up front and piling on the pressure it would have been almost impossible to see it out
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Offline LiamTheBaggie

• @westbromcom
  • Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 06:32:08 PM »
It's wise to remember we spent a period in the first half with ten men, this wasn't some two or three minutes, it was a good ten to fifteen minutes with ten men. We got men behind the ball and looked quite comfortable. I couldn't see this happening under past managements.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Offline RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »
The best form of defence is organisation and workrate, its hard to believe intelligent blokes like TM and RDM couldn't put four blokes in a straight line.
I only go for the beer.