West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 1068931 times)

Offline BoingFlyer

• Reserve Baggie
Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #7975 on: April 23, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
We know all about Grealish and have kept him quite when we played them, hopefully the speculation around a big money move to crystal place may turn his head a little.. I think who ever gets home advantage will be the winner, however I fancy our chances hitting this lot on the counter at Villa Park.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Offline MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7976 on: April 23, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »
They are , as usual very cocky and confident of the play offs. Going to be unbearable but great to beat them and then the ‘10 in a row’ will mean nothing
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Offline BB74

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7977 on: May 27, 2019, 05:31:36 PM »
Feck me they’ve got something else to talk about for the next 30 years as well as 1982.

Offline Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7978 on: May 27, 2019, 05:33:26 PM »
Bets on now Smith will be gone by December.

Offline benalbion

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #7979 on: May 27, 2019, 06:19:51 PM »
So after some poor form some bad results and the fans calling for the managers head..............villa decide to stick with their man and get promoted.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7980 on: May 27, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
So after some poor form some bad results and the fans calling for the managers head..............villa decide to stick with their man and get promoted.

Yet they only got promoted because Scott failed to give us a cast iron penalty at the seal sanctuary (not to mention the Gayle incidents). Ref does his job properly we are in the final.

Online lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7981 on: May 27, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »

Yet they only got promoted because Scott failed to give us a cast iron penalty at the seal sanctuary (not to mention the Gayle incidents). Ref does his job properly we are in the final.

But that would've changed the whole scope of everything that followed. Might be in the final, might not.

Offline benalbion

• WBA Newbie
« Reply #7982 on: May 27, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Not denying that mate just saying how things could have been if we just stuck to with our man. Suppose we will never know

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7983 on: May 27, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
But that would've changed the whole scope of everything that followed. Might be in the final, might not.

No it wouldn't. They couldn't score at the Hawthorns despite us playing with ten men for so long.

Online lewisant

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7984 on: May 27, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »
Yeah, but i'm talking more about a chain reaction. Let's say he gives the penalty - we miss it and still lose?! Or we don't lose Gayle and don't Brunt while at the same time that underdog nature then doesn't consume us and turn us into fighters.

Not just in football but any walk of life, if you change a minor detail everything that follows will be different, that's my point.

Besides, with that argument of yours what about the many times Bartley didn't have a penalty awarded against him or J-Rods hand ball v Villa is spotted?

Online silver surfer

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7985 on: May 27, 2019, 07:00:38 PM »
Yeah, but i'm talking more about a chain reaction. Let's say he gives the penalty - we miss it and still lose?! Or we don't lose Gayle and don't Brunt while at the same time that underdog nature then doesn't consume us and turn us into fighters.

Not just in football but any walk of life, if you change a minor detail everything that follows will be different, that's my point.

Besides, with that argument of yours what about the many times Bartley didn't have a penalty awarded against him or J-Rods hand ball v Villa is spotted?
i think it’s known as the butterfly effect
Common sense isn't that common

Offline HamsteadHarry

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #7986 on: May 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM »
I'm with Lewisant, all teams get luck, good or bad -the thing is just to get on with it . Thought Villa were the better side today and deserved the win. Anyway, season over, time to let go and move on.

Offline smethwickw

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7987 on: May 27, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Bets on now Smith will be gone by December.

Might coincide with us sacking Appleton.  :D

Offline Aztech

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7988 on: May 27, 2019, 07:12:49 PM »
Might coincide with us sacking Appleton.  :D

I’m hoping for some good news this week in that we appoint Labbadia.

At least give us something to look forward to.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Offline smethwickw

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7989 on: May 27, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »
I’m hoping for some good news this week in that we appoint Labbadia.

At least give us something to look forward to.

Me too but this is the Albion!

Who would be your first choice? I'd still like Jokanovic but I think the club will go cheap / safe.

Offline Aztech

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7990 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:28 PM »

Me too but this is the Albion!

Who would be your first choice? I'd still like Jokanovic but I think the club will go cheap / safe.

I’d agree Jokanovic would be first choice, followed by Labbadia.

My choice last season was Graham Potter.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Online alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7991 on: May 27, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »
i think it’s known as the butterfly effect

Put another way, if your mother had been your mother-in-law, your sister would have been your wife!
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline costa blanca baggie

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #7992 on: May 27, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »

More chance of plaiting fog, draw far too many games!!
Would you like to comment further on this prediction from February Jacko? ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7993 on: May 27, 2019, 08:02:16 PM »
Would you like to comment further on this prediction from February Jacko? ;)

Underestimated Grealish. The only reason they got promoted.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #7994 on: May 27, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »
Can't believe even with the benefit of hindsight anyone thinks this guy is good enough. Please explain his total failure to even 'get by' while Grealish was injured. 13 matches, 13 points.I'll wait.

Still waiting. They would have been very close to going down had Grealish not returned from injury. Took Championship form points per game with him in the team; relegation form with him out of the team through injury. These are not fine margins, it was a run of 13 matches. I see nothing in how they play that suggests this guy would have been a good fit here. He's just very, very lucky to have the best player in the division at his disposal.

Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7995 on: May 27, 2019, 08:20:21 PM »

Still waiting. They would have been very close to going down had Grealish not returned from injury. Took Championship form points per game with him in the team; relegation form with him out of the team through injury. These are not fine margins, it was a run of 13 matches. I see nothing in how they play that suggests this guy would have been a good fit here. He's just very, very lucky to have the best player in the division at his disposal.

He had the best two non defensive players in the division at his disposal. Grealish and McGinn just run games at Championship level.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:29:52 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #7996 on: May 27, 2019, 08:40:24 PM »
He had the best two non defensive players in the division at his disposal. Grealish and McGinn just run games at Championship level.

I predicted early in 2019 Villa would make the play offs once Grealish returned.

Forget McGinn it’s Grealish who is a leader and bosses everything.  McGinn doesn’t know what he’s doing without him. 

Let’s hope they struggle. 

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #7997 on: May 27, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »
Think Tyrone Mings made the difference, sorted out their defence, changed their season, we should have signed him.
Notes from a small island!

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7998 on: May 27, 2019, 08:56:50 PM »
I predicted early in 2019 Villa would make the play offs once Grealish returned.

Forget McGinn it’s Grealish who is a leader and bosses everything.  McGinn doesn’t know what he’s doing without him. 

Let’s hope they struggle.

It's both of them. In fact it's the midfield three. They set up perfectly to play 4-3-3.

Hourahane is the one who sits and protects and forms the base the others play off. When we played 4-3-3 we had Brunt at the base. Completely the wrong type of player for that system. Barry or Field are the only players on our books who can effectively play that role.

McGinn is like dogshit. He's everywhere. Endless energy, up and down, will compete, cover every blade. Also offers a goal threat We never had a player who could properly play this role until Johansen came in.

Grealish and Phillips are different but both can carry the ball, draw fouls and beat a man. Unfortunately when Johansen arrived Phillips was never fit  so we had a broken midfield.

That Villa three were the reason they became the team they became. Take one out and they are not the same team.  Added to that they had two capable full backs, two capable centre halves, a winger direct who could vary his game and a striker that scored 25 goals.

Best team in the league since Grealish came back from his injury and I include Norwich in that.

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7999 on: May 27, 2019, 08:59:52 PM »
Grealish was there under Di Matteo and Bruce, but yes, of course, he alone is the reason for Villa getting promoted... :-X