West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 26 July 2011 Rochdale 3 Albion XI 0  (Read 8265 times)

Offline halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie
Re: 26/07 Rochdale (A)
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 09:42:58 AM »
bit disappointed that no one wanted to meet up, oh well......

it worked out ok....I bumped into luke daniels dad, an old work mate of mine, and we watched the second half together...

who is the sandy haired crew cut mid fielder?.....is it sam mantom?....thought he did well...

it was good to see a baggies team at spotland, although the overall performance was clearly not so good!

I would have met up with you mate, but I have only just read this thread, lots of old uns there. Boys against men though but nice to visit a new ground. 'Dale an early promotion bet ;)

vob

Offline halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie
Re: 26 July 2011 Rochdale 3 Albion XI 0
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2011, 09:45:50 AM »
 Not on last nights showing :(

Offline BB74

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2011, 09:46:38 AM »
Set off at 5:30 from Rowley Regis did not too tod bad considering traffic, just walking upto the ground and surprise surprise we are 1 nil down.  The highlight of the night the steward coming over to me asking me if i wanted 1 of those book thing's, I did not have a clue what she was going on about to be fair mush! However i did ask where the programme seller was about 10 minutes before, so prusume it was something to do with that.. haha

There fans enjoyed the result but they were hoping to see the likes of Odemwingie and Mulumbu etc so were let down by Albion fielding a team where only 1 player will play first team next season (Steven Reid).

I give you some applause if you have the time and money to go and watch a reserve pre season friendly 100 miles away!

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
Enjoyed the 'new' ground but the match was just men against boys with our two senior pros Reid and Bednar both shocking in their lacklustre , couldn't be arsed aproach.

Their forward Akpro ripped our backline to shreads at times with disappointing displays from the likes of Mantom and Dawson (a Dale fan told me he was a real 'Prem player' pre match!).

Surprised how many Baggies made it (250 ?) with a couple of coaches also travelling - knew a lot of faces as the real die-hards turned out.

The younsters like Roofe tried to play decent football but were no match for the more powerful and pacey Dale team. Just wish we had sent a few of the regulars to strengthen the team give the locals a bit more to view.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !