West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: For anyone under the age of say 50 ..............  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
For anyone under the age of say 50 ..............
« on: May 12, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
.......... Tuesday night could be the best night of your (our) lives as an Albion fan.

Don't get me wrong, anyone that bothers to read my posts (there must be the odd person that does lol) will know that I've said all along we are not good enough to go up, Villa are the better team and they will beat us. I stand by that, I fully expect them to go through on Tuesday

BUT

All Albion have to do is win the game to force extra time. 1-0 will do or 2-1 anything, just win the game. There is very much all to play for at this stage, it's a one off game and we can win it.

IF we pull this off given that it's Villa we're playing this would be something else. Everyone remember that night against Swansea in 1993? It could be the same again only better. We were 2-1 behind in 1993 as well.

No moaning on Tuesday the place has to rocking from before kick off. Lets make noise like we've never made before. It just could be a night that goes down in history and one we will never forget.

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
Re: For anyone under the age of say 50 ..............
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »
It is a big match, don't get me wrong. It's huge. But it's going to take a lot to beat the day we beat Palace 2-0 to get promoted. That day was immense. All we had to do was match what Wolves did, who at the time were our biggest rivals. And that was our first promotion and therefore it meant so much. So I'd say for anyone under 20 then yes this is definitely the biggest game they've ever seen.

Definitely agree about fans not moaning. It needs to be a big atmosphere, without groans if passes are misplaced. Sing sing sing all night. Afterall, it could be the last time we see players like Holgate, Gibbs, Jayrod in an Albion shirt.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 11:52:51 AM »
Just another play-off game. Losing to (or beating) Villa is no different to if we had played Leeds or Derby.

Winning Tuesday won't top Portsmouth at home. Palace at home. D1ngle5 away. Ferguson's last match. Port Vale at Wembley. Liverpool at home (2 penalties). Arsenal away (3-2). I could go on and on.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »
Just another play-off game. Losing to (or beating) Villa is no different to if we had played Leeds or Derby.

Winning Tuesday won't top Portsmouth at home. Palace at home. D1ngle5 away. Ferguson's last match. Port Vale at Wembley. Liverpool at home (2 penalties). Arsenal away (3-2). I could go on and on.

Not in terms of what we achieve no but in terms of occasion it'd be far more special.

Offline Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »

I hope Shan's pre-match pep-talk is more inspiring than this!

How can coming from behind to qualify for a play-off final in a home-tie against fierce rivals not top Ferguson's last match, which had nothing riding on the result?

Even without Gayle, as far as I can see as the tie stands Tuesday is set-up for a classic and I for one still believe that Albion can do a number on Villa.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 12:16:31 PM »
I hope Shan's pre-match pep-talk is more inspiring than this!

How can coming from behind to qualify for a play-off final in a home-tie against fierce rivals not top Ferguson's last match, which had nothing riding on the result?

Even without Gayle, as far as I can see as the tie stands Tuesday is set-up for a classic and I for one still believe that Albion can do a number on Villa.

To be fair I think he's misunderstanding my initial post to be honest. I'm not referring to what the match does for the clubs status or what we achieve from it, I'm talking about the emotion it would generate, the feeling you get as a fan, that buzz that you can only get from certain sets of circumstances. Even the play off final in 1993 didn't match the Swansea game for that "something I'll never forget" experience, for example.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »

To be fair I think he's misunderstanding my initial post to be honest. I'm not referring to what the match does for the clubs status or what we achieve from it, I'm talking about the emotion it would generate, the feeling you get as a fan, that buzz that you can only get from certain sets of circumstances. Even the play off final in 1993 didn't match the Swansea game for that "something I'll never forget" experience, for example.

I'm not misunderstanding anything. When Lukaku scored his hattrick goal the place went bananas.

Tuesday will be a nervy quiet night imo.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 12:24:02 PM »

I'm not misunderstanding anything. When Lukaku scored his hattrick goal the place went bananas.

Lol. That was nothing in comparison. All those games you listed none match that Swansea game.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 12:32:01 PM »

Lol. That was nothing in comparison. All those games you listed none match that Swansea game.

Swansea was a concerted wall of noise. You'll be sorely disappointed if you're expecting anything like that on Tuesday, it hasn't come close to happening since. The games I've cited all caused a better atmosphere than I'm expecting on Tuesday.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 12:38:39 PM »

Swansea was a concerted wall of noise. You'll be sorely disappointed if you're expecting anything like that on Tuesday, it hasn't come close to happening since.

That's sort of my point. It was a very special night.

They don't come along every couple of years. They wouldn't be special if they did would they?

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 01:08:16 PM »
.......... Tuesday night could be the best night of your (our) lives as an Albion fan.

Don't get me wrong, anyone that bothers to read my posts (there must be the odd person that does lol) will know that I've said all along we are not good enough to go up, Villa are the better team and they will beat us. I stand by that, I fully expect them to go through on Tuesday

BUT

All Albion have to do is win the game to force extra time. 1-0 will do or 2-1 anything, just win the game. There is very much all to play for at this stage, it's a one off game and we can win it.

IF we pull this off given that it's Villa we're playing this would be something else. Everyone remember that night against Swansea in 1993? It could be the same again only better. We were 2-1 behind in 1993 as well.

No moaning on Tuesday the place has to rocking from before kick off. Lets make noise like we've never made before. It just could be a night that goes down in history and one we will never forget.
I know we had a little disagreement a few weeks back on the leeds villa match Atomic, but you're spot on here with what you've said. I love the passion and i hope Shan and the players can see posts like this!
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 01:12:48 PM »
I know we had a little disagreement a few weeks back on the leeds villa match Atomic, but you're spot on here with what you've said. I love the passion and i hope Shan and the players can see posts like this!

Pah! No worries my friend, it's what forums are for.  :-*

Offline phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 10:14:40 AM »
First goal tonight will dictate the atmosphere....
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Offline EastYorksAlbion

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 11:48:57 AM »
I am 52x and for me beating Vile to get to the Playoff Final will top pretty much anything. It’s a double whammy, success for us and putting one over on the real enemy.

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:43 PM »

Quiet night?? I bloody hope not!!

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2019, 01:56:46 PM »
Quiet night?? I bloody hope not!!
Not from my seat it won't.
It's one thing to come on here and moan about everything and anything but, if any fan struggles to get up for a game like this then, they are watching football for the wrong reasons.
Said before, tonight is not about money, dodgy chairmen or feckless executives, it's about US and OUR club. If we can't raise our game then why should we expect them to?
COYB. Whatever the result, leave nothing behind!

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
Not from my seat it won't.
It's one thing to come on here and moan about everything and anything but, if any fan struggles to get up for a game like this then, they are watching football for the wrong reasons.
Said before, tonight is not about money, dodgy chairmen or feckless executives, it's about US and OUR club. If we can't raise our game then why should we expect them to?
COYB. Whatever the result, leave nothing behind!

Exactly this.

Offline Andio

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2019, 02:50:52 PM »
I couldn't talk properly for a week after the home game against them this season. Hopefully I won't be able to talk properly for a month after tonight.

Was a mere 15 year old for the Swansea game in 1993 and never heard anything like it since.

Let's all see if we can replicate it tonight.

Get on the refs back from the off, hurl abuse at Squelish and their keeper as well, but most importantly get behind absolutely everybody in a Blue & White shirt tonight!

COYB, SOTV!!!