West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Pre Match Chat  (Read 6038 times)

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »
Morrison. Experienced. Always looks forward and can still carry the ball.

Bang on.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2019, 08:59:33 PM »
Would have snapped someone’s hand off start of season for this.

2 wins from going up.

Would have snapped the other hand off to be just one behind after going to ‘fortress villa park’ to play ten in a row winners and former European champ villa.

Wasn’t optimistic but decent performance Saturday and few we can do them at home

So, we are at home , stifle that greasy grealish and let’s gets at them. I feel set pieces will be key and hegazi/Bartley could have a big say from brunt set piece Tuesday.

Coyb
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2019, 09:08:04 PM »

Definitely not.
Definitely yes

Out of 8nterest where would you play “the wand” on Tuesday and why not give monsters a go....he’s fast he’s direct ....and he doesn’t blow out of his arse
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Definitely yes

Out of 8nterest where would you play “the wand” on Tuesday and why not give monsters a go....he’s fast he’s direct ....and he doesn’t blow out of his arse

Brunt would remain in central midfield (as we are not going to change formation) Montero does blow out of his arris that's the problem, blokes not been fit for 2 and a half years. He WAS fast, sadly I wouldn't fancy him in a footrace with Gaz Baz these days.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2019, 09:21:36 PM »
Cut the personal comments , sick of issuing warnings where it then stops and starts again a few days/weeks later, next one 7 days regardless of who it is.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2019, 09:35:29 PM »

Brunt would remain in central midfield (as we are not going to change formation) Montero does blow out of his arris that's the problem, blokes not been fit for 2 and a half years. He WAS fast, sadly I wouldn't fancy him in a footrace with Gaz Baz these days.
I’m glad you could dechiper
8nterst and monsters .....now there’s an idea to frighten the seals

Montero came on down the right in one of the later home games, looked v fast and very direct
I’d consider brunt at LWB , don’t think Gibbs has been on it for the last few games, I still wouldn’t have brunt in CM , can’t tackle and lacks pace
I just think they would have watched us for the last few matches....mix it up
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:47 PM »
Calmed down at bit now since Saturday. We have nothing to lose. Spuds won from behind minus their better strikers, Liverpool managed it without theirs - this is a tough ask but what an opportunity for someone maybe one of our younger ones to make a name for themselves - we've just got to go for it
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2019, 12:35:24 AM »
All we have to do is win the game of football, simple. we WILL DO THIS.  COYB

Offline baggie38

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2019, 06:17:24 AM »
For some reason I'm feeling confident today. We have to get at these from then start. Surely we will have to play 4-3-3 with Murphy on the one wing and Phillips on the other supplying J Rod in the middle? I also think one of Field or Harper will come in for the injured Johansen. They struggled against us when we had ten men and couldn't get a break through from open play during that time. We can do this just get at them from minute one.

Offline koren

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2019, 06:37:13 AM »
Anyone think Morgan Rogers could be involved from the bench?
Or Jamie Soule. We have to bring on a striker if we are still chasing at the last moment, rather than playing Philips or Murphy on the front.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 06:39:11 AM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2019, 07:46:19 AM »
Or Jamie Soule. We have to bring on a striker if we are still chasing at the last moment, rather than playing Philips or Murphy on the front.
Problem is Shan has really been quite conservative, and I suspect he'll be too worried about extra time and needing experience for that, so expect a bench full of the usual suspects - although with injuries and suspensions he might have no choice!

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
Anyone else feel like a sleepless night is coming up? haha, its 32 hours away and today is going very slow indeed! I just hope we give it our all, we're not expected to go through, and in a strange way, im glad we didnt get a result at villa park, as we would have then get more nervous and defensive. We have to go for it, and i think we will, scoring first half and then late late on in the second half, hegazi thumps a header in from a corner to send us to Wembley. Maybe im stupidly optimistic, i need to be realistic and see another year in this league is more likely, but we will just take it as it comes.
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline baggiemart

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2019, 12:05:40 PM »
I would love us to put the Vile to the sword and I will be there willing them on tomorrow night. But I just get the impression that everything is going against us.

2 strikers suspended,  Injuries to Livermore and Johannson, maybe Dawson. Phillips only 75% fit, no proper manager, that git Greasyish diving for the penalty, clear penalty for us not given, A sending off for 2 dodgy yellow cards.

All this gives me the impression it's not our year. But I will accept that if we can get a team and manager together to kill this league next season and also see Leeds stuff the vile at Wembley.  Seeing the villa fans in tears coming out of wembley for a 2nd year in succession will definitely make up for it.  Lets face it Leeds have got unfinished business with the vile !!!

Offline smethwickw

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2019, 12:20:27 PM »
We've only kept 3 clean sheets at home all season in the league. Chances of another one tomorrow are very slim IMO. We are going to have to score minimum of 2/3 goals to stand any chance. A huge task without Gayle.

Offline tucka9

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2019, 01:27:58 PM »
I really feel like we need an early goal in the first 15/20 minutes, the place will be rocking then and I think Villa will be there for the taking. Nothing to lose attitude needed and go for it, as someone said I think we will need 3 goals here as a clean sheet is highly unlikely

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2019, 02:21:28 PM »
Shan hasn't got a loss against his name at home yet I believe?
We need that to carry on tomorrow, JRod was unlucky on Saturday and you know he'll run his nuts off tomorrow.
The rest of the team will have to dig in, go down as easily as they do and platy for the set pieces.
COYB
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2019, 03:06:07 PM »
I would love us to put the Vile to the sword and I will be there willing them on tomorrow night. But I just get the impression that everything is going against us.

2 strikers suspended,  Injuries to Livermore and Johannson, maybe Dawson. Phillips only 75% fit, no proper manager, that git Greasyish diving for the penalty, clear penalty for us not given, A sending off for 2 dodgy yellow cards.

All this gives me the impression it's not our year. But I will accept that if we can get a team and manager together to kill this league next season and also see Leeds stuff the vile at Wembley.  Seeing the villa fans in tears coming out of wembley for a 2nd year in succession will definitely make up for it.  Lets face it Leeds have got unfinished business with the vile !!!

As a matter of interest, have Villa got a full squad to choose from? 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2019, 03:08:29 PM »
As a matter of interest, have Villa got a full squad to choose from?
Yes, and johansen and dawson should be fit tomorrow according to the birmingham mail. Philips may not be 100 percent but he's more than capable of causing them problems.
Albion till i die, blue and white, the wolves are most definitely S***e!

Offline seteefeet

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »
All we need to do is win the game, something we've done plenty this season including against the Villa. Doesn't matter about clean sheets, we just need 1 more than them to stay in it.
Anybody old enough needs to think back to Swansea and replicate that atmosphere, anyone who isn't should be studying youtube.
As long as we give it everything, as players and supporters, then there should be no complaints.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
Got to be a fair chance of going to penalties.

Offline baggie82

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2019, 06:40:54 PM »

I’d take that now. Can’t see Villa not scoring, hopefully the team raises their game but I just can’t see it.

Offline kirk

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »
I hope people remember the play acting of the villa keeper which helped getting Gayle sent off.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »
Can't see it mate if we have to go to extra time I think we are done for. Half of our players can't even do 90 mins.
Have to do it in 90 for me.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2019, 08:21:36 PM »
We need to what the song "Vindaloo" said...Score one more than you.
Defence can look after themselves, we must believe in attack.
As I have previously stated...Attack is the best form of defence.

Offline Pureade1

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
We can do this tommorow. The seals already think they are at Wembley let them and greasy jack think that. Fans need to create the hostile atmosphere that vile deserve and get behind our lads, forget whatever else has happened this season and BELIEVE!!!!

SOTV