West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: After Match Debate  (Read 7480 times)

Offline HamsteadHarry

• Baby Baggie
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
I agree with Costa Blanc Baggie, it'll be back to normal next season. Most team's supporters are similar, able to really ramp it up for the special occasion  (one reason they are memorable) but lower key the rest of the time. Personally I enjoy a good moan- I've been going long enough and willbe there after the latest 'heroes' have gone. I don't believe the conspiracy theories - we did well over two games with tactics which stifled , through indicipline we ended up playing for penalties, we actually did win the toss for who took them first but, failed to deliver in what was our best opportunity.  Anyway I've a free flag to wave now  at least ::)

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
Anyone wishing to discuss Charlton v Doncaster please use the LEAGUE ONE topic in General Sports forum, got nothing to do with us at all.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2019, 12:32:48 PM »
I hate to burst your bubble, but I can assure you that the atmosphere will return to normal. Important one off games come along only occasionally to most clubs, and they remain memorable usually because of the atmosphere generated. Just think back to ours. Swansea, Palace and Pompey are always mentioned, as they should be... but they are special because they are rare. I saw a short clip of the Brummie from Tuesday. It was how I wish it always was. Sadly, that’s not how it will be till the next do-or-die game. I hope to see it again soon, though.
This is what is wrong with the Premier League, when you are just playing for survival the only chance of the "occasion" generating the atmosphere is a great escape scenario, which are SO few and far between.
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:36 AM »
What is REALLY most likely to burst my bubble is what happens on the next manager scenario...
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Offline AlbionBest

• WBA Coach
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Been over a week now since our season and, possibly, our immediate 'positive' future went up in flames yet still gutted we let them get through.
Add in another club I cannot stand (even without the FFP cheating) in Derby and I certainly won't be anywhere near a tv set next Monday when those two meet !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2019, 06:02:19 PM »
Been over a week now since our season and, possibly, our immediate 'positive' future went up in flames yet still gutted we let them get through.
Add in another club I cannot stand (even without the FFP cheating) in Derby and I certainly won't be anywhere near a tv set next Monday when those two meet !

Yes, it hurts and it  is a pain that will take time to subside, probably the first home game of the season. Chin up!  :D
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2019, 06:43:14 AM »
Yes, it hurts and it  is a pain that will take time to subside, probably the first home game of the season. Chin up!  :D

might be a tad easier on Monday if little aston are seen snivelling on the pitch at 5.00pm
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »
How i look forward to seeing Frank holding out his hand and pulling a snivelling Jack Grealish to his feet, and letting go half way through and a prostrate Jack looks up to see Lamps giving him the loser sign !
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline kc56wba

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2019, 09:56:26 AM »
I am still arguing with vile fans about the two play off games and pray that they get hammered on Monday.
Smethwick Born, Tipton Bred. Worcester Oldie.

Offline Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2019, 10:01:44 AM »
Think it's time posters started posting in the Anything Championship thread in General Football, we have got a long way from After Match Debate.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2019, 10:42:11 AM »
Would very much like to see this entire section of the forum archived as quickly as possible so that I do not have the constant reminder of that evening  :-X