West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: 16 Feb 2019 Aston Villa 0 Albion 2  (Read 21062 times)

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2019, 06:14:06 PM »
Well I would hate to offer opinions that are not popular so I shall hold my candour and refrain from discussing anything Darren related in the interests of the board.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2019, 06:19:06 PM »
Well I would hate to offer opinions that are not popular so I shall hold my candour and refrain from discussing anything Darren related in the interests of the board.

I hope not, varied opinions are part of debate. But, there’s always a but isn’t there, being fair, reasonable, giving credit when due and a balanced approach is also appreciated regardless of an underlying likes and dislikes  :)
“We create success or failure on the pitch primarily by our thoughts.”

Offline SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2019, 06:24:27 PM »
I certainly can't call inviting constant pressure on to us against an awful side unnecessarily 'excellent in game management'. Sorry. I know people love big Dave and are looking for any excuse to find him positively influencing something, but that is clutching at straws.

But most people criticize him for his game management and the team not seeing games out. So I think that was actually his point...

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2019, 06:27:35 PM »
shouldn't withhold your opinion just because others don t agree.we did invite constant pressure. an see why we did it, Sheff Utd were 3-0 up against villa recently and got pegged back 3-3 in the last 10 minutes. so rather than be negative about how we went about the SH I'd rather give praise that we defended our lead and got the points. now if had turned sour that's another matter.

Offline Smethwickender93

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2019, 06:31:54 PM »
Sat in the Doug Ellis upper with the vile fans

Scum two rows infront threw a glass bottle at the wba fans. Missed and hit his own fans..... Dohhhh ;D

Cracking result baggies!!!

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #380 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:13 PM »
Proud of the team tonight, and remember we are carrying a number of injuries and Gayle's suspension.  This is a really special win, but with difficult matches at QPR and at home to Sheffield to come.  Really looking forward to the next two.

Offline caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #381 on: February 16, 2019, 06:33:31 PM »
Sat in the Doug Ellis upper with the vile fans

Scum two rows infront threw a glass bottle at the wba fans. Missed and hit his own fans..... Dohhhh ;D

Cracking result baggies!!!
didn't know they allowed glass bottles.

Offline SirTonyM

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #382 on: February 16, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
Differing opinions are an important part of any debate. To be so one eyed as to not see another person's perspective and to admit when someone else may be right isn't any longer about "un-popular opinions".

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #383 on: February 16, 2019, 06:42:06 PM »
Great 3 points for the lads today, i thought some of our subs seemed strange even baffling & to park the bus for the whole of the 2nd half chancy but one that paid off so well done to Darren to. THANKS FOR MAKING MY WEEKEND ALBION 

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #384 on: February 16, 2019, 07:14:45 PM »
I watched the game on ifollow, during the game I swear I saw a something being displayed on one of the stands that described Tony Morley running down the wing and crossing a ball for Peter Withe to score from. Have they won something?

If I did see it, how desperate an action is that, I can’t say I’ve seen anything similar at Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Nottingham Forest or Celtic grounds, how embarrassing!

Offline TheBrom

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #385 on: February 16, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
Cabbages at home

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #386 on: February 16, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »
Did exactly what I asked for at half time they kept a clean sheet and didn't do anything stupid and hopefully we got through without any further injuries.

The only down side is that we didn't go for more than 2 goals and really destroy them but il happily take that win.

Bartley sub was a strange one didn't think we needed to change our shape and we took our only packet outlet off I would have liked to have seen montero get some minutes. It could have backfired if they scored as in second half we didn't carry much goal threat. However Bartley did alright when he come on and all worked so no complaints

Harper was fantastic but tired after 70 mins need to manage him correctly over next few weeks (same with Barry) the boy needs a new deal asap.

Well done wba take that whitton
O Albion we love you

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »
Best away day moment of the season for me, - when the second goal went in, sheer joy. COYB
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline tuamigos

• WBA Manager
« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2019, 07:38:55 PM »
Well done lads. SOTV
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
Great set of stats from the game today for the vile

Possession Home63%Away37%
Shots Home11Away10
Shots on Target Home2Away3
Corners Home9Away2
Fouls Home9Away14

But with one vital exception Home0Away2  :D ;D :D

Offline Smethwickender93

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
didn't know they allowed glass bottles.

No, he pulled it out his coat pocket.

Stewards got him though

Offline iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2019, 07:49:28 PM »
I watched the game on ifollow, during the game I swear I saw a something being displayed on one of the stands that described Tony Morley running down the wing and crossing a ball for Peter Withe to score from. Have they won something?

If I did see it, how desperate an action is that, I can’t say I’ve seen anything similar at Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester United, Nottingham Forest or Celtic grounds, how embarrassing!
Yes you saw it mate across the front of the Trinity Road stand - muppets
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
A few observations

1. That is the worst vile team I’ve ever seen in over 60 years of watching them against the Albion

2. Their goalkeeper doesn’t fill his defenders with any confidence, he is below average

3. Abraham’s couldn’t trap a bag of cement, his first touch is appalling

4. And the rest of the team, well I would swap any of ours for any of there’s including HRK.
I think McGinn (despite looking hideous) can play football...I'd take him
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline 17GD

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
I see the Albion twitter is trying to start a riot lol.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
Professional performance, 2 excellent goals and could have had more, Murphy not convincing, not sure if he's weak or just a bit gutless to be honest.

Back four solid with Johnstone making some good stops.

Harper and Barry both excellent in the midfield and Livermore much better today, Field as well did his job second half.

Robsno-Kanu did his job and Rodriguez had a much better game.

Bit sloppy at times, Harper with his final ball letting him down but got forward well, bit lucky as well that Abraham again couldn't finish against us but better team won and won convincingly.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
I thought we were superb. I can't remember ever feeling as comfortable during a game against Villa. We were deservedly 2-0 up at the break then second half we managed the game excellently. Darren Moore used his bench well and got the tactics right.

After saying the other day that Mason Holgate hasn't reproduced the form he displayed on his league debut he reproduced that form today I thought he was magnificent.

Wonderful Saturday afternoon.  ;D

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2019, 09:21:36 PM »
Professional performance, 2 excellent goals and could have had more, Murphy not convincing, not sure if he's weak or just a bit gutless to be honest.

Back four solid with Johnstone making some good stops.

Harper and Barry both excellent in the midfield and Livermore much better today, Field as well did his job second half.

Robsno-Kanu did his job and Rodriguez had a much better game.

Bit sloppy at times, Harper with his final ball letting him down but got forward well, bit lucky as well that Abraham again couldn't finish against us but better team won and won convincingly.

I thought Murphy was better today, carried a threat, still only a 6.5 out of ten, but some improvement, I'm hoping he just needs game time.
Notes from a small island!

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2019, 09:26:41 PM »
I thought Murphy was better today, carried a threat, still only a 6.5 out of ten, but some improvement, I'm hoping he just needs game time.

He was better than earlier in the week, wasted a couple of chances, got knocked off the ball too easy and seemed to bottle a couple of challenges, hopefully once he gets up to speed it will lift him but so far not impressing
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Online Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2019, 10:15:41 PM »

That chance where he passed the ball to the keeper with Harper pulling off unmarked in the middle - if that's Harvey Barnes it's a goal all day long.

Murphy is direct and he has decent (but not explosive speed) but his on the ball quality and decision making isn't great.

Offline The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2019, 10:31:42 PM »

That chance where he passed the ball to the keeper with Harper pulling off unmarked in the middle - if that's Harvey Barnes it's a goal all day long.

Murphy is direct and he has decent (but not explosive speed) but his on the ball quality and decision making isn't great.

I think he may be short of confidence, he moved to Newcastle for £15million I think, so with some pressure on him, judge him in mid March when he has got used to us and played regularly.
Notes from a small island!