West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 12660 times)

Offline divinewind

• WBA Coach
Re: FA Cup
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:15 AM »
I would have thought there would have been more chance of seeing Cliff Richard with a woman than Wolves getting to Wembley.

Offline Atomic

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2019, 09:49:58 AM »
Wolves will find the Premier League much more difficult next season when teams go to their place and defend deep putting the onus on Wolves to break them down. That won't play to Wolves strengths.

Offline Albionic

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2019, 10:35:16 AM »

I'm sure they are week in week out, in reality they're no better than us under Hodgson/Clarke yet though.

My issue is every time I've watched them live aside from when I won a lot of money when they lost at home to Huddersfield, either the other team hasn't turned up or they are extremely clinical on the break.

They aren't particularly easy on the eye, but the 2 central midfielders are extremely comfortable on the ball and Jiminez has a superb strike rate.

Interested to see where they go next.

I imagine it will stall at this point as with all the will in the world they aren't bridging that gap to the top 6 until they can break teams down that sit back against them virtually every time, which next season will be everyone except Liverpool and City.

Regards this thread Manchester City now have 2 trophies of their quadruple in the bag.

Well thats jinxed city, thanks Jacko  ???
Lovin the championship, just lovin it !

Offline KYA

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
Anything but these to win the FA Cup!

Would be happy to watch villa get promoted, win the premierleague and win another European cup than see these lot win the FA cup. Just pray City can beat them!!
You must be insane  ;) I don't even like seeing the vile win the toss!.

Offline leeiswba

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:39 PM »
You must be insane  ;) I don't even like seeing the vile win the toss!.

I just care about the villa as much as they care about us  :P  ;)

Offline gerry m

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
Millwall 1 up against Brighton :D

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
The way we capitulated against Brighton looking more and more of a shame.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »
Wolves will find the Premier League much more difficult next season when teams go to their place and defend deep putting the onus on Wolves to break them down. That won't play to Wolves strengths.
Not so sure
I think they make top 4 next year .....IF they keep the manager, don't sell and add

I don't want them to, but anyone can see they are playing good football and getting better, different level to us due to the investment and the way FFP makes no sense to anyone
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline BRIAN

• Junior Baggie
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »
DIVINE WIND. Wolves are doing well despite the crap on this forum.I don't want Wolves to remain better than WBA but I would like to think we can get as good in the near future.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »
I would have thought there would have been more chance of seeing Cliff Richard with a woman than Wolves getting to Wembley.

Oh look, there’s Cliff with Sue Barker. Now, remind me, where are the  FA Cup Semifinals played at?
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Tolerance, Understanding, Acceptance, Patience

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #210 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04:47 AM »
So, Ben stands between Wolves and the final, with a little help from 10 team mates of course

Come on Ben, we need a clean sheet from you in this one

Watford v Wolves
Brighton v Man City
respect and humility for everyone, absolutely everyone, who we come into contact with”

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #211 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:05 AM »
So, Ben stands between Wolves and the final, with a little help from 10 team mates of course

Come on Ben, we need a clean sheet from you in this one

Watford v Wolves
Brighton v Man City
I think Gomes has been Watfords FA Cup keeper, things do change though
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #212 on: March 18, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
I think Gomes has been Watfords FA Cup keeper, things do change though

Your right, but I was thinking Ben needs to be in against that lot  :D

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2019, 07:24:55 PM »
Well the FA will be happy, City through to the final thanks possibly to VAR when Kyle Walker should have gone for moving his head down on another player but then VAR not being available at Swansea assisted then in the last round.

B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #214 on: April 06, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
Walker was a very, very lucky boy today not to have been sent off. From what I saw of VAR, it just confirmed a sending off, how anyone considered differently, well it is a mystery to me.

Offline BalisPen

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2019, 10:14:16 PM »
Walker was a very, very lucky boy today not to have been sent off. From what I saw of VAR, it just confirmed a sending off, how anyone considered differently, well it is a mystery to me.

Why, he did not make contact, yellow was the correct decision.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »

Precedent. See Richarlison red card.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »

Are you sure?  :o They looked like Siamese twins, joined at the head

Additionally, Law 12 has provision for Intent and I would suggest Walker showed intent.

Take a look at the link below if you are still in doubt, Walker was indeed a very lucky boy.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/06/kyle-walker-somehow-avoids-red-card-var-review-headbutt-alireza-jahanbakhsh-9127111/

Offline elmo_in_swansea

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
1-0 Wolves 36min
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Offline east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
They were always likely to win today, and as much as I can't stand them you have to say fair play. If only we supported a club that gave a toss about cup competitions. Just got to hope City run riot in the final.

Offline AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »
They Should have started with Foster, who is on the bench

Offline Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
2-0.

Wolves just a far better side. Frightening how good they will be in a year or two with continued investment...

Offline gavinrussell

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »
Will definitely give City a run for their money in the final..

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
Wolves are off to a proper Wembley final.  Villa are surging into a play off position.... we give away any vague hope of automatic promotion back to the Premiership with an abject performance to finish in the play offs.  Probably to be beaten by Villa on their way back to the Premiership... We have owners with no clear plan for the club, and no buy in to this values and its history and who do not wish to invest further. God this is depressing.

Offline ex coseley kid

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:04 PM »
Wolves are off to a proper Wembley final.  Villa are surging into a play off position.... we give away any vague hope of automatic promotion back to the Premiership with an abject performance to finish in the play offs.  Probably to be beaten by Villa on their way back to the Premiership... We have owners with no clear plan for the club, and no buy in to this values and its history and who do not wish to invest further. God this is depressing.

It's grim times for us right now despite being fourth in the Chumps.

Pride is taking a battering right now and we have a board that really do not seem to give a stuff - or indeed have a clue, which is the worst part. Whatever anyone might have said about the Peace era, it always felt to me like we had some ambition. Looking back it certainly seems that way to me.

I'm truly jaded by with people running our club. I crave some kind of revolution, but it ain't at all likely.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music