West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic: Rekeem Harper  (Read 49224 times)

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
Re: Rekeem Harper
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2019, 04:09:46 PM »
He needs a new deal as failure to get promoted and he could be first choice next year.
Let's see how fairs v Bolton (hopefully he can build on his displays)
O Albion we love you

Offline Baggie79

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »
Excellent again, Brunts injury might be a blessing if Harper gets an extended run.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2019, 08:55:06 PM »
Il feel better once I see we have signed him on a long term deal. If we don't get up him and Barry would be a good pairing for championship. If we got promoted there would be plenty of suitors ready to take him on loan for year. Lads 18 so plenty of time for him to find his feet for us in the greed league
O Albion we love you

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »
Il feel better once I see we have signed him on a long term deal. If we don't get up him and Barry would be a good pairing for championship. If we got promoted there would be plenty of suitors ready to take him on loan for year. Lads 18 so plenty of time for him to find his feet for us in the greed league
Please sign him up ASAP, first team regular in the champ or definite squad player in the Prem.  We know he can pick a pass, but he can also turn his man and make the magical half a yard, just needs to work on his defensive positioning and maybe put a bit of beef on.

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2019, 09:33:03 PM »
I don't think he was great yesterday, similar to Field (though nowhere near as poor) things passed him by, I was gobsmacked to hear he'd been given man of the match on TV, I would love him to retain the shirt when the dreadful Livermore is available but he's not quite doing enough to criticise Darren if he doesn't.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2019, 09:59:41 PM »
I thought Harper was one of several players who looked a bit tired for whatever reason , or another start and on live television got to him somehow. Giving him MoM was a bit mystifying. The couple of surges where he attacked some space gave a hint of what he can do.
Yes get that contract signed, could mature into a major asset in the next 2-3 years.

Offline zippyandbungle

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2019, 10:02:51 PM »
Well, I only had the radio and Twitter to go on(Richmond has never been a baggies stronghold 😀)
From what I heard , saw on Twitter , it would seem he was ok...just ok...but then in a pretty poor match , ok is good ?

It is clear the boy can play, I hope he gets a contract , at his age there really could be a good career ahead .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
I don't know how Dingle Don gave him MOM?  I would've given it to Holgate.

I thought Harper was a bit ordinary along with the rest of the team.  We lacked creativity in midfield.  It's a bit concerning when it's only Bolton. 

That said we need to keep and nurture him for the long haul.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2019, 10:16:40 PM »
I think he is the best of our youngsters. He can turn quickly and accelerate past players, which very few of our players can do. In the midfield we need a player(s) who can carry the ball forwards. Especially now Barnes has gone. He can also pick a decent intelligent long pass, and I didn't spot too many that were off the mark yesterday.

Its debateable whether he should have been MOTM against Bolton, but I've seen enough of him to see he has talent and a change of pace. 

I'm not against steady midfielders who keep possession ticking the ball backwards and sideways, but you musn't have too many of them. One is probably enough.

I hope the club sorts out a new contract for him sooner rather than later. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Online TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2019, 10:38:22 PM »
I think he is the best of our youngsters. He can turn quickly and accelerate past players, which very few of our players can do. In the midfield we need a player(s) who can carry the ball forwards. Especially now Barnes has gone. He can also pick a decent intelligent long pass, and I didn't spot too many that were off the mark yesterday.

Its debateable whether he should have been MOTM against Bolton, but I've seen enough of him to see he has talent and a change of pace. 

I'm not against steady midfielders who keep possession ticking the ball backwards and sideways, but you musn't have too many of them. One is probably enough.

Agree completely, great post (for what it's worth  ;D )
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Offline alex1

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2019, 10:47:37 PM »

Agree completely, great post (for what it's worth  ;D )

Wow, a compliment from Jacko. I think I'll frame that  :D
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Offline SmethDan

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2019, 11:39:46 PM »
Cracking young prospect. One who needs to pick, choose and time his runs a bit better so he doesn't knacker himself out too quickly in games. That knowledge will only come with experience though be that from the start (replaced before blowing out of his bum) or off the bench. Get that contract signed Rekeem  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »

Agreed and Barry is the best we have at it, allows others to get forward, when we have Brunt alongside him its 2 sitting and stifles us.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo

Offline geoff

• WBA Coach
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2019, 03:12:42 PM »
I don't think he was great yesterday, similar to Field (though nowhere near as poor) things passed him by, I was gobsmacked to hear he'd been given man of the match on TV, I would love him to retain the shirt when the dreadful Livermore is available but he's not quite doing enough to criticise Darren if he doesn't.

Livermore shouldn't walk straight back into the team in fact no player should unless the bloke wearing his shirt is playing poor but having said that I think this season Livermore has played his best foot in a Albion shirt.

Offline VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »
The kid looks like a talent. I can see the Viera comparisons in his style, not as aggressive though and obviously nowhere near that level. I'd like to see him with Barry and Livermore with Phillips replacing Harvey Barnes.

Offline cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »
Worrying there is no news about his contract.

Need to prove to him he has a future here.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Offline sammyg

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2019, 10:12:37 AM »

Matt Wilson
@mattwilson_star
Darren Moore says #wba are putting the ‘final touches’ to Rekeem Harper’s new contract. He’s expecting it to be signed soon. More at
@ExpressandStar
 soon

Great news if he signs

Offline Mister AT

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
I have a feeling he will sign the contract.

Part of me thinks that if he was being a bit of a 'rebel' then the club may not have thrown him into the limelight in terms of starting in the first team.

Why would they showcase his talents knowing he's going to walk.

I have a feeling there is an agreement in place and he will sign a new 4/5 year deal within weeks.

Offline Adder

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2019, 11:07:25 AM »
Matt Wilson
@mattwilson_star
Darren Moore says #wba are putting the ‘final touches’ to Rekeem Harper’s new contract. He’s expecting it to be signed soon. More at
@ExpressandStar
 soon

Great news if he signs
That sounds more hopeful, the lack of news was getting worrying.

Offline 1954

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2019, 12:28:00 PM »
Cracking young prospect. One who needs to pick, choose and time his runs a bit better so he doesn't knacker himself out too quickly in games. That knowledge will only come with experience though be that from the start (replaced before blowing out of his bum) or off the bench. Get that contract signed Rekeem  ;) .
Completely agree with the tiredness comment. But what worries me more is that Darren Moore can't see it. Cost us dearly in the Norwich game where we desperately needed fresh legs!

Offline KN22

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2019, 12:37:40 PM »
The kid looks like a talent. I can see the Viera comparisons in his style, not as aggressive though and obviously nowhere near that level. I'd like to see him with Barry and Livermore with Phillips replacing Harvey Barnes.

Hopefully you will get your wish in the Middlesbrough game...

Offline Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2019, 01:44:34 PM »
Great news if he signs.  Should get another game this weekend in the cup and start against Boro.  He should be that little bit of magic that takes us past the stubborn Pulis defence- Hopefully for his first hat trick.

Offline mulliganstired

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2019, 05:44:40 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46988129

West Brom head coach Darren Moore says teenage midfielder Rekeem Harper is ready to sign a new contract.

The 18-year-old academy product has started the Baggies' last two Championship games after breaking into the first-team squad this season.

But his existing deal is due to expire at the end of the season.

"Rekeem is a player we want to stay at the football club, we're in the final parts of him re-signing which would be good news for everybody," Moore said.

Harper became just the second player born in the 21st century to play in the Premier League when he made his West Brom debut in the opening game of last season against Bournemouth.

He has made three Championship appearances this campaign and played three in four cup games.

"We're nearly ready to re-sign Rekeem Harper. The boy is our player, he belongs to us, he's local, he's developed through our academy," Moore added to BBC WM 95.6.

"He's young, energetic and fresh and he's enjoying his name. He's fearless and that's all the components of a good player.

"It's important to secure Rekeem because we don't do all our hard work to let the youngsters go out of the building. It would be the wrong thing to do.

"We've had good progressive talks with Rekeem's advisors and I'm pleased to stand here and say we're all on the same page."

« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 07:08:46 PM by OldburyWBA »

Offline beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2019, 11:55:56 PM »
Another good game today. Needs that contract aorting
O Albion we love you

Offline GREGMT

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2019, 10:40:40 PM »
Easily worthy of starting in a team that overall lacks a little pace.

Shame he wasn’t introduced earlier in the season.