West Brom Dot Com

Author Topic:  (Read 1693 times)

Offline JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie
« on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:20 AM »
These days, genuine 'in the know' posters in the transfer forum are few and far between and their input during this stressful time of year is greatly appreciated.

However, every year spawns a few new accounts claiming to be 'in the know' and when they get found out to be chancers or bored kids they disappear. Not until after winding people up after initially raising their hopes.

May I suggest the transfer forum have a similar rule to the Woodman, whereby you have to have posted a certain amount of times before being allowed to post in there, which will hopefully deter the chancers from posting their drivel.

Preferably the transfer forum will be available to view by everybody and just posting in there would be restricted.

Saying that, during busy times when something is kicking off with a transfer the site often crashes due to too many people viewing the transfer forum, this sanction might also limit outages at peak times of activity.

What do other posters feel on this controversial topic?
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Offline dan7heman

• Youth Baggie
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »
Well... I've heard from some very close sources, that we may be bringing something in to sort this out. Discussions have taken place and funds secured. We are just waiting to see if another forum gets in first as there is an issue with not wanting to move server..
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

Offline mannimc

• Baby Baggie
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »
Thats what a forum is!!!!!

Without rumours and gossip what is there to talk about.

Lighten up!!

If you want facts watch the news and wait till deals are concluded.

Offline JDWest_Brom

• Reserve Baggie
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:11:14 AM »
Well... I've heard from some very close sources, that we may be bringing something in to sort this out. Discussions have taken place and funds secured. We are just waiting to see if another forum gets in first as there is an issue with not wanting to move server..

What? The fake ITK posters? Or the website outages?

Thats what a forum is!!!!!

Without rumours and gossip what is there to talk about.

Lighten up!!

If you want facts watch the news and wait till deals are concluded.

I'm all for discussing rumours and gossip, I agree that is what the forum is for. It's not for bored kids posting some twitter rumour as fact and claiming to be in the know.
Izzy Brown? Yes he is!

Offline OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
Nothing we can do, there are a couple of genuine people on here who I would consider ITK and then theres others who seem in my opinion to read a lot of Twitter, Facebook and other websites, post it all as ITK stuff, hope it comes off so they can say 'told you so' but more often than that nothing comes of it as its just dodgy stuff from dodgy sites. If they are happy to be constantly made to look a mug and laughed at not much we can do.
B_H_Baggie : Dexy : Dudleylad : kris_boing : OldburyWBA
Hull Baggie : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : Political Cake : tommcneill : WBArgo