Author Topic: 27 Apr 2019 Albion 2 Rotherham United 1  (Read 26619 times)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
Not seen anything to suggest he is anywhere similar to be honest, seems more right sided "winger" type whereas Barnes could fit in anywhere across the midfield, poor signing along with the pointless Montero, why they were trying to sign Oviedo as well is just baffling

When Barnes left we were operating a 4-3-3 with Barnes on the left and Kanu / Gayle on the right. I believe Murphy was meant to be a right sided Barnes with Gayle then moved from right to left (which did happen for a while). It hasn't worked out for more than one reason.

Oviedo - Rumour at the time (from memory) was Townsend going out on loan. Oviedo would've replaced him. Townsend is probably the better of the two so doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He may not be Derek Statham but he's an adequate back up to Gibbo.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »

Murphy was the replacement for Barnes. He's just nowhere near as good.

News to me.

If he was anywhere as good as Harvey Newcastle would not have let him go. We all know that there are only a couple of players capable of coming anywhere close to how good he is. Even Murphy knows that.............'
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2019, 11:30:32 PM »
It was kind of Preston to afford him all that time and space when he sent the ball over the top for Gayle.

Very 'gentrified' of them......  ;D .
It was a great ball, but Tosin's was every bit as good for Gibbs
Brunt has played a big part for us as a club, but he is now past it and his assist numbers will always be inflated because he takes every bloody deadball....
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2019, 11:31:43 PM »
News to me.

If he was anywhere as good as Harvey Newcastle would not have let him go. We all know that there are only a couple of players capable of coming anywhere close to how good he is. Even Murphy knows that.............'
Same rational could have been said when Barnes came from leicester?
Some loans work, some don't, Barnes was a risk that paid off
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..