Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080305 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #7250 on: June 10, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7251 on: June 10, 2019, 09:13:00 PM »
I lied woodsetton wolf, I popped back on just to be nosey  :D

Yep, i'm one of the villa haters purely as growing up round here I only ever knew one single wolves fan at school, the rest villa, Liverpool, Man Utd and us so wolves of no concern, thats 100% genuine. First time I came across any was when I started work over there which was just before we gifted you bully and Thompson, there was some good, some bad but nothing as bad as the villa lot i've come across both before and since so yes I miss the local derby and yep hate seeing you all where you are but nothing compared to the arrogance of the villa lot.

rincewind - God knows, probably not, wouldn't be surprised either way

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7252 on: June 10, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »
What's funny on there is there high horse stance. They're like the footballing version of Lance Stroll  :-*

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7253 on: June 11, 2019, 09:17:40 AM »
They may be looking for a new manger soon, if reports are accurate

“Chelsea expect manager Maurizio Sarri to be named Juventus manager in the next 48 hours, and the Stamford Bridge club's list of contenders to replace him include Derby boss Frank Lampard, former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, England assistant coach Steve Holland, Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo and Watford coach Javi Gracia”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7254 on: June 11, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
They may be looking for a new manger soon, if reports are accurate

“Chelsea expect manager Maurizio Sarri to be named Juventus manager in the next 48 hours, and the Stamford Bridge club's list of contenders to replace him include Derby boss Frank Lampard, former Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri, England assistant coach Steve Holland, Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, Wolves manager Nuno Espirito Santo and Watford coach Javi Gracia”

Now that WOULD be a shame.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7255 on: July 20, 2019, 02:53:31 PM »
Grit your teeth Albion fans - the Dingles have beaten Man City on penalties to lift the Asian Trophy. I guess it is a good thing that many of our fans have gone on holiday today and will escape the usual ribbing from Dingles colleagues

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7256 on: July 20, 2019, 02:58:23 PM »
Grit your teeth Albion fans - the Dingles have beaten Man City on penalties to lift the Asian Trophy. I guess it is a good thing that many of our fans have gone on holiday today and will escape the usual ribbing from Dingles colleagues
the what? how useless a trophy is that?! that won't move the Sherpa Van trophy off of pride of place on their mantle piece that's for sure.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7257 on: July 20, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »
Feck Em
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7258 on: July 21, 2019, 03:41:11 PM »

This will go down in the annals of their history as another Honved, just as surely as their sisters continue to go down on them and take it anally  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7259 on: July 27, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
Struggled against the Rose and Crown from Belfast
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7260 on: July 29, 2019, 01:09:10 PM »
Struggled against the Rose and Crown from Belfast

I watched it. They had a lot of good possession, and were very neat and tidy in their passing, but lacked a cutting edge. Similar to last season, when the onus was on them to attack, they couldn't really make a breakthrough.

They need a proper striker and a number 10, but I'm not sure Nuno would play them if he got them.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7261 on: August 08, 2019, 09:09:07 PM »
Taken 47 fans tonight to Armenia.

Absolutely embarrasing. Short notice bla bla bla that is pathetic.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7262 on: August 08, 2019, 09:41:35 PM »
They will do a Burnley this season. 9 hour flight back playing sunday.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7263 on: August 08, 2019, 11:13:37 PM »
Impressive result tonight, and through to the play off round vs Torino.

There small squad might be their undoing, but they play a style of football well suited to European competition. They will get a few scalps this year and could easily get to the quarters or beyond.
Boing Boing

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7264 on: August 09, 2019, 08:58:13 AM »
Taken 47 fans tonight to Armenia.

Absolutely embarrasing. Short notice bla bla bla that is pathetic.

To be fair, it wasn't like there was a direct flight from Birmingham. They would have had to change once or twice, it would have cost about a grand, and all at a weeks notice. 47 is a decent number given the circumstances.

Besides, criticising their following in the Europa League feels a bit redundant, given that at least their club got there in the first place. Plenty of other things to mock the Dingles about anyway.

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7265 on: August 09, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
To be fair, it wasn't like there was a direct flight from Birmingham. They would have had to change once or twice, it would have cost about a grand, and all at a weeks notice. 47 is a decent number given the circumstances.

Besides, criticising their following in the Europa League feels a bit redundant, given that at least their club got there in the first place. Plenty of other things to mock the Dingles about anyway.

to be honest their away support is normally very good but i still think that is a really poor support.

they knew they were going to be in europe from may, so wouldn't you just save what you can and  book the dates off work and if you didn't make it through then cancel them?

their average gate is what 29/30k, and your telling me that out of that number, only 47 could afford to go. Even 200 would have been a very good following but 47 is shocking in my opinion.

a first European tour in 39 years, i would have done anything to get there if it was us.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7266 on: August 09, 2019, 11:28:21 AM »
Yerevan is a horrible place to get to from UK, you are looking at going via Moscow / Kiev or Dubai and its far from cheap as well, If I were a dingle (after i had shot myself) I would be saving my cash for Turin instead, expect them to take loads there.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7267 on: August 09, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »
Hey, who cares! Apart from Wolves and Pyunic  fans of course.

The Europa League is BAH! as most PL clubs and fans would agree, it's second division, wouldn't fancy it myself, just saying  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7268 on: August 09, 2019, 06:04:58 PM »
Staffordshire club. Seriously who gives a flying **** what they do? I don't even follow their scores.

Villa are our rivals. This lot, meh!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7269 on: August 09, 2019, 06:06:07 PM »
Staffordshire club. Seriously who gives a flying **** what they do? I don't even follow their scores.

Spot on, old pal  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7270 on: August 09, 2019, 11:56:20 PM »
Even as a competitive fixture in the Europa League it's very harsh to have a pop at the Dogheads for this one. I did an over nighter to Aberdeen for pre season last year but was priced out of going to Benidorm this time around. Bloody Benidorm, and that's practically on the door step! Not because I couldn't afford it but because I couldn't justify it. Even if I won the Lottery there's absolutely no way I'd be splashing out for a few days in a sh it hole that's probably even worse than Wolverhampton. And if I won the Lottery I could think of far better places to go than either of the above, especially prior to a season of away days. They probably saw things the same way and couldn't be fussed either. That or they were elbow deep in relatives at a family gathering somewhere of course.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7271 on: August 10, 2019, 10:07:43 AM »

Well I give more than a flying ****, I went to both games at Villa Park last season, like a library compared to when we go to the Mol . Maybe we wont be too long renewing old rivalry.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7272 on: August 10, 2019, 10:30:35 AM »
Well I give more than a flying ****, I went to both games at Villa Park last season, like a library compared to when we go to the Mol . Maybe we wont be too long renewing old rivalry.
I'm with Atomic couldn't care less about Wulfs but Vile really get my blood up but then I'm just an old fart from Smerrick!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7273 on: August 10, 2019, 11:25:04 AM »
I’m a 90’s kid so wolves will always be my main rival , villa aren’t a patch on them for me . All though it has got a lot more intense over the past few years for me .

Vila park away or the custard bowl , there really isn’t any comparison. When you go to the custard bowl the atmosphere is something else , you can feel the hate in the air. Villa park away you wouldn’t even know it’s a local derby. I’ve been to better atmospheres in non local derby games.

I understand that there’s a young generation that have never seen us even play wolves . Lad at work is 18 and he can’t even remember a wolves game . So I get that us not playing each other for so long doesn’t help .

But wolves all day for me the villa rivalry doesn’t come even close.

As much as I hate them if there’s anytime that they can’t be knocked then nows the time they are light years in front of us now , as much as it pains me to say it
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 11:41:07 AM by OldburyWBA »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7274 on: August 10, 2019, 11:42:13 AM »
I’m a 90’s kid so wolves will always be my main rival , villa aren’t a patch on them for me . All though it has got a lot more intense over the past few years for me .

Vila park away or the custard bowl , there really isn’t any comparison. When u go to the custard bowl the atmosphere is something else , you can feel the hate in the air. Villa park away you wouldn’t even know it’s a local derby. I’ve been to better atmospheres in non local derby games.

I understand that there’s a young generation that have never seen us even play wolves . Lad at work is 18 and he can’t even remember a wolves game . So I get that us not playing each other for so long doesn’t help .

But wolves all day for me the villa rivalry doesn’t come even close.

As much as I hate them if there’s anytime that they can’t be knocked then nows the time they are light years in front of us now , as much as it pains me to say it

Agree, Villa at ours in the play-offs this season was a joke by their away fans. Literally didn't sing until they won it on penaltys whilst we sung all night. At least the Wolves do get vocal and their fans seem less arrogant...ironic based on the Holte End 12th man and all that nonsense.