Author Topic: Kamil Grosicki  (Read 136247 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Kamil Grosicki
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2020, 12:24:02 PM »
If Grosicki goes and we get him off the wage bill i wouldnt be surprised to see us sign another freebie striker, probably one with a physical presence.

Who though? Welback went to BHA for 50k pw so even at those reduced wages he was out of our finance league.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2020, 12:44:43 PM »
This is turning into a Schrödinger's minute 
I was reading elsewhere that the discussion is around when does 12.00 become 12.01?
Is 11.59 and 59 seconds the cut off point or is it 12.00 and 59 seconds? Technically there are also 59 tenths of a second to follow this point. Is there a time stamp on the registration message that goes into seconds? Tenths of seconds? Is it legit if, let us speculate, it arrived at 12.00 and 20 seconds? 
Was it a fax which may have started to print out at 11.59 and finished at 12.01?
Poorly worded regulations and rules can lead to such discussions and problems
Better get back to some proper work I suppose
COYB
Edit to add that I hope he stays and has a good old tear up of some prem defences   
Another edit just noticed that edits on here are timed to the second!
And the clock on here is a minute faster than the clock on my PC!

One thing's for sure Frank, edit or no edit you've clearly got too much time on your hands for today at least  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2020, 01:18:44 PM »
I don't see why its so complicated. If the deadline was 17.00, that means 17.00, not 17.01, not 17.00 + 30 seconds. This forum is able to time down to the last second so I'm sure the FA's server is no less sophisticated. Its not rocket science.
I hope they did mess up as that will give Bilic an extra option.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2020, 02:06:45 PM »
I don't see why its so complicated. If the deadline was 17.00, that means 17.00, not 17.01, not 17.00 + 30 seconds. This forum is able to time down to the last second so I'm sure the FA's server is no less sophisticated. Its not rocket science.
I hope they did mess up as that will give Bilic an extra option.
I agree. 5pm means 5pm. However, I believe there is a precedent or two which has allowed a bit of leeway in the past, hence the gossip about possible legal challenges.
I also think it is far from a given though that Bilic will give him the 25th spot if he stays. More likely that he will be released I would have thought, though I wouldn't agree if this were to happen.
The more difficult thing to understand is why the decision, one way or the other, is taking this long to be made.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 04:19:51 PM by timdon »

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »
I don't see the issue personally. Yes it was late by seconds by the sounds of it not by hours. I'm sure this could have been pushed through without a word getting out. It's the player himself I feel sorry for.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2020, 04:44:20 PM »
Here's a comment from Bilic today regarding Grosicki: "I feel sorry for him. He’s a brilliant guy, and also from our point of view we need to know if we can include him in the squad or whether he is going to become a Forest player.

Hopefully we’ll know today. The sooner the better, for him and us and also for Forest I suppose. We still don’t know. It’s still speculation, we’re still waiting for the FA.

We’ve kept the space, but the reason we needed Kamil to go was because we needed the funds. We needed to offload somebody to get the players in - that was the reason.

As a manager, he’s a quality player. He’s a proven player
”

Source: Nottingham Post

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2020, 06:47:43 PM »
I think we could do with that quality proven player in our squad to be honest...
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2020, 06:48:36 PM »
Was it a loan deal or Perm?

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2020, 06:55:31 PM »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2020, 07:02:39 PM »
Here's a comment from Bilic today regarding Grosicki: "I feel sorry for him. He’s a brilliant guy, and also from our point of view we need to know if we can include him in the squad or whether he is going to become a Forest player.

Hopefully we’ll know today. The sooner the better, for him and us and also for Forest I suppose. We still don’t know. It’s still speculation, we’re still waiting for the FA.

We’ve kept the space, but the reason we needed Kamil to go was because we needed the funds. We needed to offload somebody to get the players in - that was the reason.

”

I think that's the first time I've read something from Bilic where I'm certain he isn't being honest and is trying to pull the wool over fans eyes.

Surely he cannot believe he is quality player and a great guy . He might think one of those, but not both. If he thought both there is no reason for us to be getting rid.

He either doesn't like the guy and/or doesn't rate him. I'm not sure why he is trying to suggest otherwise. Virtually ever fan thinks Grosicki is worthy of minutes.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2020, 08:25:04 PM »
Loan.

So all we are saving is his wages. Are we really that desperate?

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #611 on: October 22, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »
I think that's the first time I've read something from Bilic where I'm certain he isn't being honest and is trying to pull the wool over fans eyes.

Surely he cannot believe he is quality player and a great guy . He might think one of those, but not both. If he thought both there is no reason for us to be getting rid.

He either doesn't like the guy and/or doesn't rate him. I'm not sure why he is trying to suggest otherwise. Virtually ever fan thinks Grosicki is worthy of minutes.

I'm inclined to agree with you based on the limited appearances last season in a lower league.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #612 on: October 22, 2020, 10:15:48 PM »

”

So play him, what are you missing here ?
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #613 on: October 22, 2020, 10:22:27 PM »

Yep. I call it manager speak. It's why I never take any notice of what any of them say, ever.

Actions speak loud and give you the truth.

Words are nothing but PR.

It isn't the first time though, far from it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 10:26:10 PM by Atomic »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #614 on: October 22, 2020, 11:25:04 PM »
Bizarre that we need the cash when the window had shut, nonsense statement for the first time I think Slav is taking us for fools- very disappointed
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #615 on: October 23, 2020, 08:27:12 AM »
Bizarre that we need the cash when the window had shut, nonsense statement for the first time I think Slav is taking us for fools- very disappointed

We needed to get rid of Grosickis wages to help fund getting someone else in. What's bizarre and nonsense about that? Perhaps we had our eye on a free agent but needed the funds for wages?

Anyway. It sounds like Grosicki was our only saleable available asset of interest to other clubs. Austin refused to go anywhere and no one it seems is interested in Phillips.

Maybe the reason he hasn't played Grosicki recently is that he doesn't want him getting injured and risking the Forest deal?

I'd rather we keep Grosicki but if he does go to Forest that's a bit of money in the January transfer kitty or for a free agent.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #616 on: October 23, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »
We needed to get rid of Grosickis wages to help fund getting someone else in. What's bizarre and nonsense about that? Perhaps we had our eye on a free agent but needed the funds for wages?

Anyway. It sounds like Grosicki was our only saleable available asset of interest to other clubs. Austin refused to go anywhere and no one it seems is interested in Phillips.

Maybe the reason he hasn't played Grosicki recently is that he doesn't want him getting injured and risking the Forest deal?

I'd rather we keep Grosicki but if he does go to Forest that's a bit of money in the January transfer kitty or for a free agent.

the timings the bizarre bit, clearly !! 

Who were we going to get post the deadline?
A free agent is a free agent for a reason, Age / Wage / Fitness record / Attitude ...., However, If somehow we had identified a nugget and wanted him, why would you allow the Grosicki deal to go that close past the wire and jeopordise it.

It is bizarre and non-sensical IMO.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:58:19 AM by Albionic »
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #617 on: October 23, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
Managers generally talk a load when it suits them...we should all be wise enough to know that.
Slav appears to be quite good at playing the fans/ his own PR...just a quick look through this forum would make an impartial think that....
The board are useless, Dowling is useless (esp outside theUK) , a portion of the squad is useless.....
Contrast that with Slav....who personally scouted and purchased any of the successful players, has his hands tied behind his back, is exonerated of blame for all failures due to lack of funding ,has great rapport with the squad and speaks that football should be affordable to the masses.....
On this he should be knighted?
However, his comments on Grosiki start to reveal the mask, if he’s that good you’d want to keep/play him?
His toy throwing about Karlan Grant (to name one) probably cost us a couple of mill in the deal (doesn’t help to make football more affordable for us fans), his insistence on Diangana (whilst a good player/investment) basically left us without a good DCM and new keeper because we don’t have infinite budget , and remember we don’t need any more wingers so can let Grosiki with prem/international experience leave.
I’m not yet saying he should go, I am saying that I have big reservations about him....Barnsley away trying Barry,Sawyers and Krov at left wing .....whilst keeping Phillips and Edwards on the bench will never be erased...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #618 on: October 23, 2020, 09:59:51 AM »
It may just be the case that we needed to offload Grosicki due to the final bit of the Grant haggling with Huddersfield. That didn't go through until late last Thursday and it may have been due to us making a final add-on and planning to recoup it from the sale of Grosicki. If Grant hadn't been signed and we'd got someone cheaper or on loan, we may have kept Grosicki also. So what Bilic is saying about us needing the funds could be correct if the recruitment department knew that a certain balance had to be met.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #619 on: October 23, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
None of us know how tight the financial situation is at the club unloading something off the wage bill to balance some unanticipated expenditure elsewhere is not impossible. Yet even if Bilic thinks Grosicki is the worst footballer he has ever had misfortune to work with he is hardly likely to say that given that the player's future still seems to hang in the balance.

The odd thing is fans have the notion that Head Coaches might be entirely candid when asked a question at a press conference. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: October 23, 2020, 10:57:20 AM »
None of us know how tight the financial situation is at the club unloading something off the wage bill to balance some unanticipated expenditure elsewhere is not impossible. Yet even if Bilic thinks Grosicki is the worst footballer he has ever had misfortune to work with he is hardly likely to say that given that the player's future still seems to hang in the balance.

The odd thing is fans have the notion that Head Coaches might be entirely candid when asked a question at a press conference.

As oft said on this site, its the hope that kills you !  Even in respect to openness / honesty / integrity
Albion Family !!!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #621 on: October 23, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »
Bilic's words, scripted by Dowling.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #622 on: October 23, 2020, 02:27:09 PM »
What Bilic has said makes complete sense. He was sold as the was the only sellable asset we could get out of the door and we needed money in to balance the books against the money out and wage bill. Now it's a legal quagmire. Bilic can't play Grosicki until the FA decide which club holds his registration, us or Forest. If the FA decides he is out player then we can add him to the squad (we have kept a space free for him) and pick him. If the FA decides the deal has gone though then he is a Forest player and we get the cash we sold him for.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #623 on: October 23, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »
We made it abundantly clear very early that certain players were available, I don't think Grosicki was one of them. Move forward a few weeks and nobody wants our rubbish but Bilic has dug his heels in regarding Grant. Ok then, you have to lose someone, who is actually sellable, to balance the books.
We hold out hope of a last minute bid for the likes of Austin or Zohore, which doesn't come so, perhaps reluctantly, Grosicki becomes the pawn in the Grant deal, at the eleventh hour.
That makes everything Bilic said at least feasible.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #624 on: October 23, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »
Biggest question has to be, why is it taking the FA so long to make a decision???