Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 160699 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2020, 12:40:40 PM »
Brilliant interview with Chaz

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/january/the-star-interview-charlie-austin/

The more I hear and see what he does outside of football the more I like him.

Top man
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #301 on: January 08, 2020, 01:10:40 PM »
Brilliant interview with Chaz

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2020/january/the-star-interview-charlie-austin/

The more I hear and see what he does outside of football the more I like him.

Top man

I'm with you on that. It's refreshing to see/hear a footballer that doesn't come across as scripted and robotic.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »
Charlie being bit of a tosser to social media

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »
Has he deleted things as i can't see too much??

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »
No story here. Tiny fuss about nothing.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2020, 02:53:29 PM »
Has he deleted things as i can't see too much??

Yeah he called a Saints fan a "cheeky c__T" and saids that Saints fans were "5hit" in general. Not the end of the world.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2020, 03:22:13 PM »
Yeah he called a Saints fan a "cheeky c__T" and saids that Saints fans were "5hit" in general. Not the end of the world.

Just stating fact as I see it
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #307 on: February 17, 2020, 08:30:07 PM »

Looks like he's in trouble for it now, been asked to comment by the FA
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: February 17, 2020, 11:14:31 PM »
While he's there passing comment he could always ask them what's happening regards the racism allegation against the Leeds keeper. He could also ask which is the potentially greater offence. A charge of alleged racism which appears to have gone on the backburner, or a spat on tw@tter which appears to have caught their urgent attention. Answers on a postcard please.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2020, 06:49:05 AM »
Football fans dish out a huge amount of stick to players on social media even when they are not being outright racist some of it is utterly over the top and vile. Yet when a player bites back the fans clutch their beads and the player gets into hot water. Players now know how this works and as such I am surprised many bother with these platforms at all, and when most of them don't fans will complain that the players don't interact with them and are ever more distant. Well fans maybe need to stop being ********.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:16:03 PM by Hull Baggie »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2020, 09:29:11 AM »
While he's there passing comment he could always ask them what's happening regards the racism allegation against the Leeds keeper. He could also ask which is the potentially greater offence. A charge of alleged racism which appears to have gone on the backburner, or a spat on tw@tter which appears to have caught their urgent attention. Answers on a postcard please.
Sure I read somewhere the hearing is this week about the Leeds keeper.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2020, 12:05:05 PM »

Looks like he's in trouble for it now, been asked to comment by the FA
know alot of Pompey fans who would agree bunch of scabs is their favourite saying but with more expletives.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 12:31:51 PM by MarkW »

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »
Heard on Tuesday night this lad is on £40k a week with Southampton still paying him £60k a week.

£6k a week goal bonus.

Also still lives in Hungerford despite being told by Bilic to move closer.

Anybody know if this is true?

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #313 on: March 05, 2020, 01:45:52 PM »
Heard on Tuesday night this lad is on £40k a week with Southampton still paying him £60k a week.

£6k a week goal bonus.

i would be amazed if we agreed to pay him £40k a week on a 2 year deal with us in the championship.

premier league maybe, but no chance in this league.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: March 05, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »

£6k a week goal bonus.

There is no way he is receiving £100k a week.  Why would Southampton still be paying him now he's left?
£6k a week goal bonus also doesn't make sense.  It would  be more like £6k goal bonus, not sure how the phrase "a week" fits in there.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #315 on: March 05, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
There is no way he is receiving £100k a week.  Why would Southampton still be paying him now he's left?
£6k a week goal bonus also doesn't make sense.  It would  be more like £6k goal bonus, not sure how the phrase "a week" fits in there.

I didnt mean the "a week" part lol, sorry!

Just googled it, he was on £100k a week at Saints! madness!!

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #316 on: March 05, 2020, 03:00:30 PM »
So'ton may still be paying him as that happened infamously at Leeds when they 'sold' Robbie Fowler and a few others but due to the stupid contracts they'd been given the players were still being paid despite moving as no-one else would pay them anywhere near, so for Leeds saving say £50k per week from £150k was better than the player staying with them and them paying the full amount.
So it could be that's why Austin was originally reluctant to move, we were offering him a lower wage but then Southampton decided to 'save' £40k per week and pay the difference. But that is pure speculation

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #317 on: March 05, 2020, 05:03:34 PM »
My guess is that Austin's outstanding contract was tidied up with the transfer i.e. paid up.  There is no way on this earth are we paying him £40k a week in the Championship. I suspect he only joined us when other Premier League options weren't forthcoming (were Palace rumoured to be interested?)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #318 on: March 05, 2020, 05:32:25 PM »
Agree with what Stan has said, Southampton likely had to compensate him in order for CA's move here to cross the line, and rightly so. Why should he have sacrificed money owed to him on a contract. 

I also doubt his living situation in Hungerford is an issue at the club. His situation would no doubt have been discussed when he signed. At his age (with a young family) and his profile I suspect it is likely we were happy for him to commute. 5 hours a day in a car can't be ideal but I would imagine he stays locally a couple of times per week.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #319 on: March 05, 2020, 06:26:02 PM »
Wherever he's living and however he's travelling, he doesn't look terribly fit.  But his strength was always nicking goals by being in the the right place at the right time, eg v Birmingham, so he was never going to look that good as a lone striker trying to hold the ball up. 

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #320 on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:59 PM »
Don't know where he lives but he is chauffer driven around, not sure if its due to a driving ban or just to let him have a kip on the way home every day or what, surprised club haven't given him an apartment locally, that's if we still own them.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #321 on: March 05, 2020, 08:40:45 PM »
Don't know where he lives but he is chauffer driven around, not sure if its due to a driving ban or just to let him have a kip on the way home every day or what, surprised club haven't given him an apartment locally, that's if we still own them.
Different to the 1950' and 60's.
They were sorted out lodgings and nothing more.
Bobby Robson had lodgings in Copthorne Road Handsworth and finally bought a house there too.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #322 on: March 05, 2020, 11:00:57 PM »
Different to the 1950' and 60's.
They were sorted out lodgings and nothing more.
Bobby Robson had lodgings in Copthorne Road Handsworth and finally bought a house there too.
Club had property in the mailbox in recent times and Olsson was in one of them , I think they have also taken some property in Hockley/jewellery qtr...Krov was there pre Christmas
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2020, 12:48:17 AM »
Club had property in the mailbox in recent times and Olsson was in one of them , I think they have also taken some property in Hockley/jewellery qtr...Krov was there pre Christmas

Olsson wasn't in the mailbox he was in the penthouse at Centenary plaza for years before they had a kid and moved. I still live there , and I used to see and chat to him quite a bit. The club don't own of the properties here they just have links to estate agents who they introduce to the players or their agents.

Jerome Thomas used to live here too and Brendan Batson has recently moved out.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2020, 12:59:37 AM »
We also had a property near the Walsall Road until fairly recently, well twelve to eighteen months ago. Pretty sure it was a four bedroom house. Sold subject to contract in the region of £750,000 from memory. Looked up properties listed to us on the open access page at Company House and cross referenced them to estate agencies. At the time we owned a number of small flats in the Walsall area. I haven't checked on their collective status for ages though.

Ed: just remembered, the house was near the Crown. Think it may have been on or close to Blackberry Lane.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 01:09:53 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.