Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327525 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #650 on: October 20, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »
Superb today again. In that trio with Mulumbu and Morrison, I can see us doing well this season.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #651 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:15 PM »
This guy is the real deal another superb bit of scouting from the backroom boys he wouldn't look out of place in United's team.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #652 on: October 22, 2012, 10:02:04 AM »
Yacob, Mulumbu and Mozza, have all ben great so far this season, long may it continue.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #653 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »
Yacob, Mulumbu and Mozza, have all ben great so far this season, long may it continue.
For petes sake, that was a good reid  :D
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #654 on: October 23, 2012, 02:22:58 PM »
Does anybody know how many yellow cards he's picked up? I would hazard a guess it's 4 and he's nearing a suspension?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #655 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
Does anybody know how many yellow cards he's picked up? I would hazard a guess it's 4 and he's nearing a suspension?

He's only got two.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #656 on: October 23, 2012, 02:45:56 PM »
He's only got two.

Has he really?

I thought he'd picked up a couple more than that.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #657 on: October 27, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-plot-january-move-1403820

Alex Ferguson is in the market for a defensive midfielder and has sent scouts to watch the Argentine three times

Bryn Lennon

Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping tabs on West Brom ace Claudio Yacob as he plots a January move, writes The People.

The midfield enforcer only joined the Baggies on a free in the summer from Argentina’s Racing Club de Avellaneda. But the 25-year-old’s impressive start in the top flight has not gone unnoticed.

The Manchester United boss is keen to sign a defensive midfielder – and Hotline understands he has sent spies to Yacob’s last three games.

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #658 on: October 27, 2012, 11:52:16 PM »
Oh I do hope that's not true.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #659 on: October 27, 2012, 11:56:47 PM »
Oh I do hope that's not true.

I hope its not true either, but think of how much we could make for him.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #660 on: October 28, 2012, 12:54:10 AM »
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-plot-january-move-1403820

Alex Ferguson is in the market for a defensive midfielder and has sent scouts to watch the Argentine three times

Bryn Lennon

Sir Alex Ferguson is keeping tabs on West Brom ace Claudio Yacob as he plots a January move, writes The People.

The midfield enforcer only joined the Baggies on a free in the summer from Argentina’s Racing Club de Avellaneda. But the 25-year-old’s impressive start in the top flight has not gone unnoticed.

The Manchester United boss is keen to sign a defensive midfielder – and Hotline understands he has sent spies to Yacob’s last three games.

Pretty sure United were 'after' Zuiverloon a couple of months into his first season with us too...

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #661 on: October 28, 2012, 01:08:35 AM »
Ah well, if there is any truth in it, I hope United are going to be willing to pay at least £9 million for him. Ferguson would know who he's dealing with nowadays.

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #662 on: October 28, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »
I'd prefer to keep the player than take the money. Who are we going to get at short notice, for whatever they would realistically pay, who's going to fit in and do that job so well in every way alongside mulumbu?

I'm sure it's just red top nonsense, but even the thought of it annoys me. It's SO long since we've had a team like this. 

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #663 on: October 28, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »
Ah well, if there is any truth in it, I hope United are going to be willing to pay at least £9 million for him. Ferguson would know who he's dealing with nowadays.

And some! ;)
Baggie in Southampton

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #664 on: October 28, 2012, 10:00:30 AM »
I'd prefer to keep the player than take the money. Who are we going to get at short notice, for whatever they would realistically pay, who's going to fit in and do that job so well in every way alongside mulumbu?

I'm sure it's just red top nonsense, but even the thought of it annoys me. It's SO long since we've had a team like this.
I'm with you 100% on this. Having seen the last great team we had broken up by sales and transfers, it would be criminal if JP and the board allowed the same thing to happen again.

I'm sure theres a saying somewhere about learning from history. Look at what happened after the 78/79 team broke up !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #665 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:32 AM »
Imperative we keep him, to make it worse Mulumbu's off to ACN. Could be devastating if we loose him.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #666 on: October 28, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »
Imperative we keep him, to make it worse Mulumbu's off to ACN. Could be devastating if we loose him.

Would hate it if he was to go, but Im pretty confident that he wont go.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #667 on: October 28, 2012, 10:22:52 AM »
No need to see any of our players particularly our best ones.
So massive price tags on them and end of season if they are interested that is the time to talk.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

BrummieBaggie68

• Youth Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #668 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:46 AM »
Having seen the last great team we had broken up by sales and transfers, it would be criminal if JP and the board allowed the same thing to happen again.

Bang on. Not that this team is up there with that one. But we are back in the mix feeling like the top flight is our rightful place for the first time since then. Please don't let's throw that away for a few pieces of silver after thirty five years.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #669 on: October 28, 2012, 10:59:46 AM »
Bang on. Not that this team is up there with that one. But we are back in the mix feeling like the top flight is our rightful place for the first time since then. Please don't let's throw that away for a few pieces of silver after thirty five years.
Exactly brummie, we dont want to be having a similar conversation in 35 years time about Yacob as you and I could have about a certain Len Cantello !
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:01:53 AM by Greenock Baggie »
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:43 AM »
Similar story in the People today.

Can't see any truth in it, but he is the type of player they are crying out for.
Twitter: @floydy1983

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #671 on: October 28, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
Who cares?

Sell him for 20million, by his better brother as replacement. Sorted.  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #672 on: October 28, 2012, 11:32:49 AM »
When you think of the potential transfer fees bandied about for Tiote, I feel we'd want at least that, and if such an offer came in we all know it would be accepted immediately.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #673 on: October 28, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
Who cares?

Sell him for 20million, by his better brother as replacement. Sorted.  :D

Ha ha! That thought crossed my mind too.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #674 on: October 28, 2012, 11:36:34 AM »
When you think of the potential transfer fees bandied about for Tiote, I feel we'd want at least that, and if such an offer came in we all know it would be accepted immediately.

Yacob is ten times the player Tiote is. How much would Tiote go for?