Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 850231 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #700 on: July 11, 2018, 06:46:05 PM »
west-brom-take-experienced-trio-on-training-camp-as-moore-drops-hint

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/west-bromwich-albion/west-brom-take-experienced-trio-on-training-camp-as-moore-drops-hint/

not a fan of this trio at all.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #701 on: July 11, 2018, 07:00:46 PM »

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/west-bromwich-albion/west-brom-take-experienced-trio-on-training-camp-as-moore-drops-hint/

I hope DM isn’t another “work ard and do a job” type coach at the expense of genuine ability. We’ve had enough of those type of coaches.

He said he had an extensive list of contacts so not sure where it is.

We need a new young squad and he was supposed to be spearheading a major transition. Hope for his sake we hit the ground running. He needs to be ready to take the flack if we don’t.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #702 on: July 11, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »

'Despite their advancing years'

Says it all really. Cheap and cheerful options who no-one else wants.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #703 on: July 11, 2018, 08:21:06 PM »
How many times doesn’t it need to be said they are only training with us to help them gain fitness to find another club, we aren’t interested in them.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #704 on: July 11, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »
How many times doesn’t it need to be said they are only training with us to help them gain fitness to find another club, we aren’t interested in them.
Read Matt Wilsons latest piece mate , quote from Moore on the players . Its more than just training to get fit.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:36:57 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #705 on: July 11, 2018, 09:09:28 PM »
Read Matt Wilsons latest piece mate , quote from Moore on the players . Its more than just training to get fit.
id be amazed if any of them sign for us and it’s not just Moore helping them out and trying to ignite some interest in them.
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #706 on: July 11, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
not blaming Darren at all but those who are involved in player recruitment, might as well have kept the three players we left go if we are going to replace with similar aged journeymen.
Who's left at the club who is involved with identifying targets?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #707 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05:37 PM »
Who's left at the club who is involved with identifying targets?
Inspector Clouseau with a magnifying glurss?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #708 on: July 11, 2018, 10:47:15 PM »
Inspector Clouseau with a magnifying glurss?

Darren Moore spent his career playing in the second division and below so he’s up to speed on championship journeymen. I don’t trust him - already incompetent enough to release Yacob for god sake who will cost millions to replace. Whole club is as professional as an episode of dream team.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #709 on: July 11, 2018, 10:50:22 PM »

Darren Moore spent his career playing in the second division and below so he’s up to speed on championship journeymen. I don’t trust him - already incompetent enough to release Yacob for god sake who will cost millions to replace. Whole club is as professional as an episode of dream team.
I agree on this, is/was so obviously too good to let go.
Could have used him as the centre pin to build a team around.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #710 on: July 11, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
id be amazed if any of them sign for us and it’s not just Moore helping them out and trying to ignite some interest in them.

It’s all very noble of us but why not send them to any of our local rivals like walsall or Coventry if they want to get fit.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #711 on: July 11, 2018, 10:54:50 PM »
It’s all very noble of us but why not send them to any of our local rivals like walsall or Coventry if they want to get fit.
I’d imagine because we have better facilities and it’s costing us nothing to have them adding numbers to the training camps
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
The Quiet Waters By.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #712 on: July 11, 2018, 11:05:12 PM »
I’d imagine because we have better facilities and it’s costing us nothing to have them adding numbers to the training camps
doesn't sound right, a team that's just dropped out the premiership having to rely on non contracted players to make the numbers up for training, we'll be using jumpers as goalposts next.😕

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #713 on: July 12, 2018, 08:01:36 AM »
when relegated there will always be cut backs, just maybe Darren Moore wants to go down the route of playing kids and its his call, it will be his call to take old men on tour to scotland, all new signings will be his call..easy to blame jenkins as big dave is a legend but when the kids arent good enough and we sign players like roofe and sawyers are probably struggling then it will all be down to Darren Moore. It will be the biggest mistake in our history but fans will back him into league1..enjoy

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #714 on: July 12, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
when relegated there will always be cut backs, just maybe Darren Moore wants to go down the route of playing kids and its his call, it will be his call to take old men on tour to scotland, all new signings will be his call..easy to blame jenkins as big dave is a legend but when the kids arent good enough and we sign players like roofe and sawyers are probably struggling then it will all be down to Darren Moore. It will be the biggest mistake in our history but fans will back him into league1..enjoy
Not a million miles from the truth and why I believe Darren Moore will be relieved of the responsibility well before bonfire night

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: July 12, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »

One quote about taking players on a training camp and all of a sudden we're relegation candidates? Superb.

The club obviously did take these players on to help them with their fitness, if they've shown the fit in well to the group and potentially have something to add Darren Moore would be foolish to come out in the press and say otherwise, there's no harm in looking at the whilst they're training with us.

How about this quote...

“We have offers in for players at the moment,” he said. “Now it’s just trying to agree fees with the clubs we are trying to get them from from and obviously personal terms.

“Hopefully we can get them over the line and see one or two new faces coming to the club.”

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #716 on: July 12, 2018, 12:52:57 PM »
Don't really understand the anti Darren Moore sentiments thus far, nor the fears regarding relegation.

Pre season........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #717 on: July 12, 2018, 02:28:53 PM »
Not sure DM has had complete control over Yacob and McAuley leaving. They themselves could have decided not to sign another contract.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #718 on: July 12, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »
Don't really understand the anti Darren Moore sentiments thus far, nor the fears regarding relegation.

Pre season........

To be fair every season we were in the premierleague fans in June/July were tipping us to go down. Last season was the only one where I can remember people being positive about the squad we had an look what happened  ;D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #719 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
Not sure DM has had complete control over Yacob and McAuley leaving. They themselves could have decided not to sign another contract.

McAuley actually said in an interview that he didn't know what was happening as no one had contacted him to discuss his contract situation.
I got the impression that no contract had been offered
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2018, 07:29:58 PM »
I’m pretty excited for next season. It’s time we got back to producing great teams from the youth system.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »
It's also good to see the players actually training rather than taking taxis or out clubbing!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2018, 09:54:13 PM »
How about this quote...

"We have offers in for players at the moment,” he said. “Now it’s just trying to agree fees with the clubs we are trying to get them from from and obviously personal terms. Hopefully we can get them over the line and see one or two new faces coming to the club."
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about the quote, but I think we've had 7 players leave and 1 has come in so far, so what does Darren mean by "see one or two new faces coming to the club"? Is that until more players go or is it the sum total of what we hope to sign? Either way it suggests that we're going to be relying a lot on unproven youngsters whom apart from Leko, have never played at this level.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #723 on: July 13, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make about the quote, but I think we've had 7 players leave and 1 has come in so far, so what does Darren mean by "see one or two new faces coming to the club"? Is that until more players go or is it the sum total of what we hope to sign? Either way it suggests that we're going to be relying a lot on unproven youngsters whom apart from Leko, have never played at this level.

That we are in the market for players. If posters are able to read one quote and declare us relegation candidates then I thought I'd post that one for a bit of balance.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #724 on: July 13, 2018, 12:25:34 PM »
I’m pretty excited for next season. It’s time we got back to producing great teams from the youth system.

Exactly. The kids are only going to prove themselves if they get the chance. If we have a team full of home grown players then our support will be 100% behind them, the atmosphere will be the best it's been for years and I've got a gut feeling that the kids will rise to the occasion. If they know the supporters are totally behind them, which they will be, the youngsters will be able to play without any fear and I think will surpass the levels of ability that they might have previously shown on loan at lower level clubs. We will have an identity back which is all too rare these days and I for one will be delighted with that.