Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844483 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #675 on: July 07, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Darren’s culture and philosophy (#wenotme) and that of Gareth Southgate with the England team?

IMO, it is the way forward when dealing with and motivating multi-millionaires
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #676 on: July 07, 2018, 09:42:18 AM »
Has anyone else noticed the similarities between Darren’s culture and philosophy (#wenotme) and that of Gareth Southgate with the England team?

The only difference being that Southgates seems to be working
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #677 on: July 07, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
I would say with Darren’s 6 games in the prem it definitely was working

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #678 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:16 AM »

By the end of this transfer window I doubt there will be many multi-millionaires for Big Dave to have to cope with. It looks increasingly like we'll have a team of 11 experienced players and a squad made up largely of academy graduates.

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #679 on: July 07, 2018, 10:03:49 AM »

Sure is working and don’t forget he has moved all the big egos out in the qualifying stages and gone with young blood!
This philosophy has been implemented for a while now and is a good benchmark for DM to move towards!
I personally feel if implemented correctly could do is wonders.
Only time will tell.
Boing Boing

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #680 on: July 07, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
Darrens job is getting harder by the day there's just so many positions that need filling with a big possibility of many more to fill before the window closes. Has it stands i'm worried he hasn't been thrown to the wolves.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #681 on: July 07, 2018, 12:47:16 PM »
Difference being that Southgate has vastly more tactical knowledge and intelligence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #682 on: July 07, 2018, 01:24:47 PM »
Darrens job is getting harder by the day there's just so many positions that need filling with a big possibility of many more to fill before the window closes. Has it stands i'm worried he hasn't been thrown to the wolves.
I wonder whether having seen what the clique did to Pulis and Pardew he is quite happy to see them diluted/move on?  I wouldn't put Brunt in that category of troublemaker either, he is the closest thing to a "stalwart" we have had for years.  Any gossip from close to the club about whether instant promotion is required to avoid the sack, or is he going to be given a couple of seasons with  a mix including youngsters as long as we don't implode before Xmas?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #683 on: July 07, 2018, 06:55:55 PM »
Difference being that Southgate has vastly more tactical knowledge and intelligence.

That’s really quite harsh. Don’t forget that Southgate managed Boro to relegation. He has more experience that Darren for sure, but you can’t just dismiss Darren without him having more time.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #684 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »
What's Southgate's transfer budget? 

I really hope Darren Moore is given a chance.  At the moment the squad (that is going to be) available makes a positive outcome unlikely.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #685 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:39 AM »
and you base that on what ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #686 on: July 11, 2018, 01:06:38 AM »
I saw my mate again tonight who has given me some ITK information lately, here is a few bits he said tonight (Tuesday) as he is seeing the Albion fella on a weekly basis.

Foster left for playing and money reasons, and not training was nothing to do with personal stuff, he just didnt want to risk getting injured and wasnt happy with the club.

Apparently he wanted to move as soon as it was confirmed we were down, however he wanted somewhere where he could commute daily and also where he was number 1 which ruled out the likes of Man United and Liverpool who had expressed interest in going as a backup.

He felt he had a couple of years playing left in him top flight but would of stayed at Albion rather than go and be a number 2 somewhere else, however Albion said they were looking to sign a new keeper and he could go once they had one in, apparently that rubbed Foster up the wrong way (along with he didnt like his mates being released) as he wanted the reassurance that if no club came in for him to be the number 1, he could stay at the Albion, The club were having none of it and needed to plan forward (and rightly so in my book)

By all accounts he is also on a lot more money at Watford than he has ever been at Albion and a quite a few of the players were quite shocked he made those comments about wanting to stay, etc as they knew he was looking at moving on.

Also Big Dave has had a major cull of backroom staff over the last couple of weeks, a lot of analysts, sports science people, etc have gone, apparently although he felt they were good at their jobs, over the last few years we have taken on more and more in these roles and he felt that we were heavily over stocked and they wasnt needed and he could use the budget elsewhere.

Dawson had indicated he was happy to stay but has been got at and knows he can earn a lot more money elsewhere and has had a change of heart, i didnt get chance to ask about his portugal no show.

Also Big Dave spoke with Chadli before the world cup and got the impression Chadli wasnt looked to kick up a fuss and seemed happy to stay, apparently Big Dave regarded this as a major coup but with the world cup Chadli has had he now accepts he will move on.

Nothing to do with budget stuff but Big Dave really wants more of the youngsters involved in the first team and is putting a big emphasis on that rather than wanting to sign a whole new squad, it seems if he could keep most of the squad as it is right now, with a couple of additions to replace Dawson and McClean he would be more than happy.

However the problem lies with the likes of Chadli, Livermore, Phillips, Rodriguez, Rondon, Hegazi, if they go they will be replaced but if none of those go then we will probably only be signing a couple more players to replace Dawson and McClean.

Again as per previous not that much revolutionary info and it could all be rubbish but what been told so far seems to of happened so assume its pretty on the ball.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #687 on: July 11, 2018, 07:40:30 AM »
All seems entirely plausible to me, especially the replacement when necessary piece, rather than overstocking and then people don’t move and we have a huge staff and wage bill.
A bit surprised about the back room staff but let’s hope Darren knows better than I do what’s needed (shocked if he doesn’t)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #688 on: July 11, 2018, 08:10:22 AM »
All seems entirely plausible to me, especially the replacement when necessary piece, rather than overstocking and then people don’t move and we have a huge staff and wage bill.
A bit surprised about the back room staff but let’s hope Darren knows better than I do what’s needed (shocked if he doesn’t)

Agreed, but I can't help thinking the strategy was "advised" from above rather than original thinking from DM.
I think if I was a rookie HC with a track record of 6 games, I'd want all the help I could get.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #689 on: July 11, 2018, 08:39:52 AM »

Agreed  the squad we have is not a bad squad and is capable of getting us promoted again. If Moore had more time with his run of form at the end of the season that squad would of kept us up. Clear out the ego's get some youth in and we could have a great season.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #690 on: July 11, 2018, 10:10:47 AM »
Agreed, but I can't help thinking the strategy was "advised" from above rather than original thinking from DM.
I think if I was a rookie HC with a track record of 6 games, I'd want all the help I could get.
High earners leaving , others to go most likely, a few players in , young players to be used , cuts behind the scenes.....call me cynical but it points towards Jenkins rather than Moore.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #691 on: July 11, 2018, 10:22:58 AM »
High earners leaving , others to go most likely, a few players in , young players to be used , cuts behind the scenes.....call me cynical but it points towards Jenkins rather than Moore.

Don't think you'r being cynical at all. I've been there, & when you're a rookie, you don't have the experience to fall back on, to put up a counter argument.

I'm not sure a no-risk financial strategy, is going to give us the quick return to the Premier League we were promised.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #692 on: July 11, 2018, 10:39:17 AM »
Don't think you'r being cynical at all. I've been there, & when you're a rookie, you don't have the experience to fall back on, to put up a counter argument.

I'm not sure a no-risk financial strategy, is going to give us the quick return to the Premier League we were promised.
I just hope Moore gets what he wants , even more reason for a older assistant to come in with him.
I'll keep my powder dry just yet but 5m plus on a young keeper and cheap tickets won't be enough for me.
Overall I think Moore's job has got harder before a ball is kicked.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #693 on: July 11, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »

Would that be so bad? A return to a league we can't compete in where success in finishing forth from bottom.

That's not competition to me, that's dull and boring watching your team getting beat almost every week.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #694 on: July 11, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »

Would that be so bad? A return to a league we can't compete in where success in finishing forth from bottom.

That's not competition to me, that's dull and boring watching your team getting beat almost every week.
Granted the top 6 can be painful to play and watch against but we got sloppy against the rest of the teams .
As much as being pasted by City and co was boring I enjoyed beating the Sunderland's , Watford's , West Ham's and co . We never had the cup run we should have but our time at the top table wasn't always bad.
Staying where we are now (if it doesn't get worse ) will only lead to the club going backwards in my view.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #695 on: July 11, 2018, 10:55:15 AM »
Granted the top 6 can be painful to play and watch against but we got sloppy against the rest of the teams .
As much as being pasted by City and co was boring I enjoyed beating the Sunderland's , Watford's , West Ham's and co . We never had the cup run we should have but our time at the top table wasn't always bad.
Staying where we are now (if it doesn't get worse ) will only lead to the club going backwards in my view.

Fair enough. I guess it depends on your outlook. I'd love us to be what we once were (more than anything) but realistically we can't compete so I'd rather us try and play football and entertain and win more games than we lose. I'm sort of comfortable with the reality now, tired of swimming against a relentless tide of lack of drive, lack of foresight and lack of ambition.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #696 on: July 11, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »

The point is, we were promised by Jenkins, (I'm assuming acting as a voice for GL) that we would "leave no stone unturned" in a bid to get an immediate return to the Premier League.
Personally, I'm not seeing that.

Also personally, I will miss not seeing Premier League football next season, & as others have said, until last season's debacle, we were competing quite well.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #697 on: July 11, 2018, 12:27:38 PM »
Jenkins was brought back for one thing and that was to get finance's of club in order, I would be very surprised if any players with release clauses or are valuable assets will be at club for start of season. Rondon, Rodriguez, Chadli, Dawson, Hegazi Mcclean and Gibbs will in my opinion not play a competitive game again for the Albion, freebies, loans and minimum outlay transfers with low wages will be the norm

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #698 on: July 11, 2018, 03:09:31 PM »
Jenkins was brought back for one thing and that was to get finance's of club in order, I would be very surprised if any players with release clauses or are valuable assets will be at club for start of season. Rondon, Rodriguez, Chadli, Dawson, Hegazi Mcclean and Gibbs will in my opinion not play a competitive game again for the Albion, freebies, loans and minimum outlay transfers with low wages will be the norm

Can't disagree (although the Johnstone signing was more encouraging) and you can hardly blame Darren Moore for that. I think the reality for most of us is realizing the transfer pool we are now fishing from isn't that great and it will be taking a risk on unproven players with potential or good championship players. Quality premier league players are not going to move to the championship.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #699 on: July 11, 2018, 03:54:28 PM »
Can't disagree (although the Johnstone signing was more encouraging) and you can hardly blame Darren Moore for that. I think the reality for most of us is realizing the transfer pool we are now fishing from isn't that great and it will be taking a risk on unproven players with potential or good championship players. Quality premier league players are not going to move to the championship.
not blaming Darren at all but those who are involved in player recruitment, might as well have kept the three players we left go if we are going to replace with similar aged journeymen. And with regards to identifying new recruits do they have to have played for youth team?