Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843957 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2018, 09:46:08 AM »
What a clueless selection yesterday. Negative and brain dead. Why not play the youngsters, why no subs yesterday save for Greg for J-Rod. Unbelievable the way he set us up. Clearly part of the problem and needs to go.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 09:48:08 AM by baggie82 »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2018, 09:56:41 AM »
Lets just remember that Big Dave didn't chose to be in the position he is in, and his team selection may well have been driven by the players themselves. I would like to see the youngsters thrown in but had he have done that yesterday, and we got a good trousering, then what would be all saying on here today? Had it not be for a bit of dilly dallying on the ball by CB then it could have been an unspectacular win, but its pointless criticising Big Dave for the selection, he is just doing what is asked of him whilst a new manager is appointed.
MAGA!

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2018, 10:01:01 AM »
People say youngsters..Field was injured . Leko & harper both didn't get regular game time on loan either ..
First point in 9....that's a good start for Moore. The point proves it was a good team to get a point. We lost 8 in a row..

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2018, 10:01:32 AM »
Lets just remember that Big Dave didn't chose to be in the position he is in, and his team selection may well have been driven by the players themselves. I would like to see the youngsters thrown in but had he have done that yesterday, and we got a good trousering, then what would be all saying on here today? Had it not be for a bit of dilly dallying on the ball by CB then it could have been an unspectacular win, but its pointless criticising Big Dave for the selection, he is just doing what is asked of him whilst a new manager is appointed.

Very true Kev cant understanding the bashing Big Dave is getting on here and other places.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2018, 10:09:18 AM »
Chadli and Field were not fit yesterday. Otherwise I think they would be included in the squad.
It's too early to say Moore's team selection is negative.
The PRIDE of midlands

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2018, 10:35:49 AM »
What a clueless selection yesterday. Negative and brain dead. Why not play the youngsters, why no subs yesterday save for Greg for J-Rod. Unbelievable the way he set us up. Clearly part of the problem and needs to go.

One game in charge, gets us a point (even three would not be enough now, probably 18 wouldn't) and we're trigger happy. Turning on one of our greats too. Amazing.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2018, 10:52:40 AM »
Big Dave's hands could be tied with regards selection of team God knows what stipulations are in contracts but he should have used his bench.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2018, 11:08:28 AM »
I would have been nervous of making any substitutions yesterday. There was a very clear synergy between the players on the pitch. I suspect they had been working on it all week.
Until CB's error I had us winning that match all day.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2018, 11:33:51 AM »
We need to remember that Darren Moore is looking after things that's all. I think there is zero chance of him being considered for the head coach role so all he can really do is keep things ticking over and try and get the odd result.

He also has no experience of being the main man anywhere and this experience will be good for him in the long term.

Lay off him.The mess we're in isn't his fault.

If this season ended tomorrow it wouldn't be a day too soon.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
We need to remember that Darren Moore is looking after things that's all. I think there is zero chance of him being considered for the head coach role so all he can really do is keep things ticking over and try and get the odd result.

He also has no experience of being the main man anywhere and this experience will be good for him in the long term.

Lay off him.The mess we're in isn't his fault.

If this season ended tomorrow it wouldn't be a day too soon.

Agreed, not a great team selection yesterday but this is a thankless task he's taken on.

We have someone who truly cares about the club, we need to remember this.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2018, 01:00:26 PM »
Leko couldn't get into the Bristol City side. I'm all for giving youngster a chance but let them earn and deserve that chance not go throwing anybody into the first team on a whim. Think it's sets a poor precedent irrespective of how bad we have been playing.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:59 PM »
If Darren Moore had a Fully Fit Squad to Pick from Yesterday He Probably would have Played Chadli, Field and The Youth Probably is Albion don't have Strength in Numbers and I actually thought Yesterday he did well Got a Point and Made The lads play with Intent after our Steak just wanted we needed
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2018, 12:35:30 AM »

I assume this is a joke and not a serious post...

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2018, 06:48:54 AM »
DM is a great bloke but failed his first test.
We could still possibly avoid relegation.The odds must be thousands to one but to do so we must basically win every match.
In view of this how on earth could he make the decision to remove our leading goalscorer and replace him with a player who has not scored for the club when we needed a goal to win?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2018, 07:05:27 AM »
It is not a test it isn't an opportunity for Darren to throw his name into the ring all it is him looking after a mess doing the best that he can with a horrible situation which was created by 2 coaches far more experienced than him neither of whom were capable of resolving the issues he is currently dealing with.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2018, 07:06:26 AM »
DM is a great bloke but failed his first test.
We could still possibly avoid relegation.The odds must be thousands to one but to do so we must basically win every match.
In view of this how on earth could he make the decision to remove our leading goalscorer and replace him with a player who has not scored for the club when we needed a goal to win?

So let me get this right, after the horrendous season we have had with two excuses for head coaches, DM has failed his first test by not winning his first game with a side that has only won three all season? And you seriously expect him to find Champions League form for the remaining games? We were down weeks ago when we failed to get anything from 5 very winnable games.

DM has nothing to prove, he did not apply for the job and has not promised anything. He is the caretaker coach until the end of the season. Many of the players seem to be going through the motions and will not be there next season. Relegation is required to get rid of a lot of the champagne charlies, both on and off the pitch.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:46:12 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2018, 07:10:55 AM »
If Brunty had put his foot through that ball in the corner instead of fannying around we wouldn't be having a negative conversation about Big Dave.
I think Big Dave knows himself he's not ready to step up and take charge, he has a lot to learn about the other side of the game.
But give the bloke credit for having a go.
If 50 of us managed the team for one game there would probably 50 different teams/formations put out.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2018, 07:21:50 AM »
If Brunty had put his foot through that ball in the corner instead of fannying around we wouldn't be having a negative conversation about Big Dave.
I think Big Dave knows himself he's not ready to step up and take charge, he has a lot to learn about the other side of the game.
But give the bloke credit for having a go.
If 50 of us managed the team for one game there would probably 50 different teams/formations put out.

But he still set up 4-4-2 with Brunt centre-mid and McLean wing!

We’ve been outgunned many many times through midfield in 1718 with when teams break on us at speed.  So he showed he’s learnt next to nothing.

Too pally with the players and not wanting to upset the applecart, maybe?

Problem is our defenders have all performed well (Apart from Nyom).  You could argue Rondon / Rodriguez both deserve to start.

Go back though to 1617, we were always better set up 4-5-1.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2018, 07:51:39 AM »
It is not a test it isn't an opportunity for Darren to throw his name into the ring all it is him looking after a mess doing the best that he can with a horrible situation which was created by 2 coaches far more experienced than him neither of whom were capable of resolving the issues he is currently dealing with.
Agree entirely with this, too many people are reading into this as a trial for Darren, for the job on a permanent basis. No such thing more likely a Downing type role, to ensure continuity when a Manager moves on.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »
It has nothing to do with football it was a matter of common sense that we needed a goal if we wanted to win and you do not take off your main goal scorer (who incidentally was having a good game)and replace him with a player who has never scored for the team.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2018, 08:55:30 AM »
I think as Manager/Head Coach you should just pick the best 11 in the best formation and that's whether you have a 6 game or 6 year contract. 

You can't keep all the players happy.  But those are the demands of the role.  So if you're not capable of making those tough decisions maybe you are just a Club Coach after all.

Who knows what Darren Moore learnt from previous Managers such as Pardew?  What he needs to do is be himself and develop his own style.

My own view is that too many senior players are too ingrained in the decision making themselves.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2018, 09:28:39 AM »
I think as Manager/Head Coach you should just pick the best 11 in the best formation and that's whether you have a 6 game or 6 year contract. 

Couldn't disagree more. There are a number of factors that influence team selection and it is nowhere near as cut and dried as that.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
But he still set up 4-4-2 with Brunt centre-mid and McLean wing!

We’ve been outgunned many many times through midfield in 1718 with when teams break on us at speed.  So he showed he’s learnt next to nothing.

Too pally with the players and not wanting to upset the applecart, maybe?

Problem is our defenders have all performed well (Apart from Nyom).  You could argue Rondon / Rodriguez both deserve to start.

Go back though to 1617, we were always better set up 4-5-1.

I didn't see us as being out gunned, and Nyom did OK (apart from most of his passes are backwards, and he left Phillips a little exposed at times)
Brunty had a decent game apart from the balls up clearance.
The only mistake was taking Rodriguez off and putting Greg on, I thought for all the world he would have taken Phillips off and given Burke a run.
Just want this season over now and look to a fresh start for 18/19

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2018, 09:54:55 AM »
I didn't see us as being out gunned, and Nyom did OK (apart from most of his passes are backwards, and he left Phillips a little exposed at times)
Brunty had a decent game apart from the balls up clearance.
The only mistake was taking Rodriguez off and putting Greg on, I thought for all the world he would have taken Phillips off and given Burke a run.
Just want this season over now and look to a fresh start for 18/19

just was talking about the season as a whole not a poor team like Swansea.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »
just was talking about the season as a whole not a poor team like Swansea.

So therefore there was no reason why he shouldn't have set the team up the way he did.
His original team and set up cannot be criticised, we know the squad has limitations.
Only criticism I have is he made a poor choice on subs.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 11:48:08 AM by tuamigos »