Author Topic: 16 Mar 2019 Brentford 0 Albion 1  (Read 33652 times)

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #175 on: March 16, 2019, 07:07:59 PM »
Really enjoyed that!
What a fantastic goal from Edwards.
I was impressed the way we closed down the game in the last 20 minutes - they barely got out their half.
I think that might be the smallest ground I have ever been to - 11,000 capacity.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #176 on: March 16, 2019, 07:10:12 PM »
Decent enough game considering the weather conditions, Brentford had a few spells but never really threatened too much. Shame Jeanvier let them down at the end spitting at the fans. I hope he gets the ban he deserves
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #177 on: March 16, 2019, 07:16:25 PM »
Edwards has been at the club since he was 6 years old.
He's 21 now.
I can only imagine all the hard work and determination that's got him to where he is now.
To score on his first start in the seniors must have been a dream come true.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2019, 07:33:49 PM »
Good result today 3 points to keep pressure on teams above us still lots of points to play for.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2019, 09:01:54 PM »
Good win, great goal and delighted to see Edwards has just won goal of the day on Sky

Defended well in the main, full backs especially Townsend needed more help as Brentford used their wide players well. Midfield struggled at times, need legs in there.

Pleased for Shan with the 2 wins but personally i'd like to see a permanent man in there asap which gives him 2 weeks to work with the players given hardly any are away on international duty
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2019, 09:17:42 PM »
Great away day . Proper little ground , with proper terrace. Ground surrounded by pubs, friendly supporters, enjoyed it immensely.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2019, 10:09:23 PM »
Great away day . Proper little ground , with proper terrace. Ground surrounded by pubs, friendly supporters, enjoyed it immensely.

Give me that today over old Trafford, the emirates and the Etihad 100%
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:10:06 PM by leeiswba »

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2019, 10:23:44 PM »
Good up-and-coming head coach who actually understands how to implement an attacking style of play at this level and has proven it at 2 clubs with vastly different resources. Put the master of negativity Pulis to the sword today with ease, something Moore proved to be utterly incapable of.

We had it narrowed down to 2 candidates who both wanted the job in the summer, it was an absolute joke which one they went with.
If we had got him in the summer he would only have jumped ship when Bruce got the push the Villa scumball.

sean wba

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2019, 12:39:06 AM »
Great win against a team who haven't lost at home since early december. A great solo goal from Edwards hopefully the first of many. Special mention to fans who chucked in for the banner aimed at Durham 👌 a great away day.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2019, 08:00:08 AM »
Thought we were pretty poor in 1st half but we improved in the second half when the midfield got to grips with the game.
Defensively we looked a bit shaky at times and I thought Holgate was poor all game but both he and Townsend were left exposed at times, at other times Holgate kept drifting in and leaving Edwards with 2 wide players to try and close down.

I'm not sure what's up with Gayle but yet again he looked well off the pace, maybe the early clash that left him with a blooded nose impacted on him. Unless he scores he offers next to nothing.

Thought Brunt and Morrison played well and kept things ticking over nicely and really pleased for Edwards getting his goal, great control and finish. Shame we couldn't get a second (that wasn't offside!) but after 80 minutes we saw the game out well.

For me the only real difference between Shan and Moore/Jones is that we don't needlessly pass it around the back every time and the defenders and keeper look happier about it.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2019, 09:53:31 AM »
Thought we were pretty poor in 1st half but we improved in the second half when the midfield got to grips with the game.
Defensively we looked a bit shaky at times and I thought Holgate was poor all game but both he and Townsend were left exposed at times, at other times Holgate kept drifting in and leaving Edwards with 2 wide players to try and close down.

I'm not sure what's up with Gayle but yet again he looked well off the pace, maybe the early clash that left him with a blooded nose impacted on him. Unless he scores he offers next to nothing.

Thought Brunt and Morrison played well and kept things ticking over nicely and really pleased for Edwards getting his goal, great control and finish. Shame we couldn't get a second (that wasn't offside!) but after 80 minutes we saw the game out well.

For me the only real difference between Shan and Moore/Jones is that we don't needlessly pass it around the back every time and the defenders and keeper look happier about it.

Agree, but that is a big difference when you have a midfield that lacks mobility, it means the whole midfield sits deeper to receive a pass from defence or more often than not, get back shape when we lose possession in a dangerous area, this was my issue with Big Dave's honourable desire to play the beautiful game, if your personnel are limited by years of playing in a different style, then change has to occur in more considered way, his refusal or reluctance to see that pretty obvious problem meant his credibility was fast disappearing with the players, some fans and the board, I actually applaud the board for acting promptly.
Baggie in Southampton

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #186 on: March 18, 2019, 12:33:58 PM »
Great win - happy with the performance.

Noticeable to see that the passing around from the back has been ditched and far more emphasis on winning the second ball further up the pitch.

I thought Kyle Edwards had a superb game and his confidence certainly grew following the goal.

Special mention to the away end who were excellent throughout the second half - almost felt like a party atmosphere. Terracing really is fantastic and such a shame that it is a thing of the past.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #187 on: March 18, 2019, 01:26:52 PM »
Absolutely superb away day.

Only slight downer being the return journey by train.

It was slower than an arthritic pack mule.

Never mind,  still had a good laugh.

COYB  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #188 on: March 18, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »
Absolutely superb away day.

Only slight downer being the return journey by train.

It was slower than an arthritic pack mule.

Never mind,  still had a good laugh.

COYB  8) .

Which wasn't helped by watching the Man U v Wolves game on stream going through tunnels etc  ::)

but yes, it was definitely a great away day.

Seems to have been "vintage player songs" day as well with the chanting that was going on.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #189 on: March 18, 2019, 07:28:45 PM »
BRENTFORD LAUNCH INVESTIGATION FOLLOWING BAGGIES FANS’ JEANVIER COMPLAINTS

Any of you lads that went witnessed this?

Source: https://readwestbrom.com/2019/03/18/brentford-launch-investigation-following-baggies-fans-jeanvier-complaints/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #190 on: March 18, 2019, 09:02:16 PM »
BRENTFORD LAUNCH INVESTIGATION FOLLOWING BAGGIES FANS’ JEANVIER COMPLAINTS

Any of you lads that went witnessed this?

Source: https://readwestbrom.com/2019/03/18/brentford-launch-investigation-following-baggies-fans-jeanvier-complaints/

Yep, ball came over towards the end of the game, he misjudged it and got some jeers and a bit of stick, nothing major, he then spat towards our fans, I have seen that it hit a couple. Blokes a disgrace, stewards saw it as there was a bunch of them right there.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #191 on: March 18, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
Yep, ball came over towards the end of the game, he misjudged it and got some jeers and a bit of stick, nothing major, he then spat towards our fans, I have seen that it hit a couple. Blokes a disgrace, stewards saw it as there was a bunch of them right there.

What do you reckon his punishment should be? If one of our players did that, I'd be absolutely disgusted.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #192 on: March 18, 2019, 09:34:34 PM »
What do you reckon his punishment should be? If one of our players did that, I'd be absolutely disgusted.

Hard to say, if he gets anything it will be a token fine. He should get whatever he would get if he spat at another player or as it was at a member of the public then whatever he would get for doing it in the street at someone.