Author Topic: In our blood  (Read 3074 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

In our blood
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
The above statement is used a lot with regards to supporting Albion and I would say it's definitely in mine.
Does sound like a disease though, doesn't it.

Symptoms:
Attacks of nerves 3-4 days before every game.
Unreasonable expectations.
Mood swings
Lack of concentration on matchday
Distant and unapproachable following defeat
Brief periods of euphoria
Extended periods of depression
Tendency to kick the cat

Please feel free to "share" your own experiences of this terrible affliction  :(

£1m question is though. If someone invented a miracle cure, would you take it? :)

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

Re: In our blood
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:49:11 AM »
I sympathise and can associate with those symptoms but you missed out
‘Irregular bowel movemnts’  😒😃😒

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:38:44 AM »
Seem to collect mountains of useless memorabilia that costs a small fortune.
Proudly wears shirt on holidays despite strange looks (and apologies from wife)
On days when can't get to a game having radios everywhere I go in the house, garden, car, shed etc
Spend lots of time moaning on the phone to brother who is also afflicted.

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 03:26:57 AM »
If someone invented a miracle cure, would you take it? :)

Yes I think I would. I was born into a Spurs family and although there are lots of positives about supporting a smaller less glamorous club like us sometimes I am envious of them and wish I was a spurs fan too.

41 years of supporting us has been a heavy cross to bear  - there have been far more bad times than good to be honest (and I fear we are just at the very start of some very bad times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:52:20 AM »
Yes I think I would. I was born into a Spurs family and although there are lots of positives about supporting a smaller less glamorous club like us sometimes I am envious of them and wish I was a spurs fan too.

41 years of supporting us has been a heavy cross to bear  - there have been far more bad times than good to be honest (and I fear we are just at the very start of some very bad times)
Very honest mate, fair play.
If I'm truthful, there are times when I too wish for a magic pill to rid me of this affliction but, if it came to the crunch I just couldn't do it. You are right, we have had more lows than highs in the 41 years we have supported them (yes, me too) but I still don't think I would want to live without it.

I think 99% of the people on here would also refuse a "cure", even given our current predicament.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:37 AM »
I like it as it is,thanks.
These supporters of the so called top teams who win a lot more than they lose,have an added cross to bear and that is arrogance,something I don't need too much of.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2018, 09:02:35 AM »
Been with the current missus for 22 years now and her favourite saying is " I didn't know at the beginning I was going to have a relationship with WBAFC as well as you."

Our club can bring you heartacre and pain and I have said it many times I dont know if I cant take it again but since that first match in 1966 and although we lost in that game, I became hooked to the Albion family and it became part of my DNA.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 11:32:27 AM »
The above statement is used a lot with regards to supporting Albion and I would say it's definitely in mine.
Does sound like a disease though, doesn't it.

Symptoms:
Attacks of nerves 3-4 days before every game.
Unreasonable expectations.
Mood swings
Lack of concentration on matchday
Distant and unapproachable following defeat
Brief periods of euphoria
Extended periods of depression
Tendency to kick the cat

Please feel free to "share" your own experiences of this terrible affliction  :(

£1m question is though. If someone invented a miracle cure, would you take it? :)

there already is a cure and it's not a miracle...just don't go to matches and don't check our score.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
there already is a cure and it's not a miracle...just don't go to matches and don't check our score.
That's the whole point of the thread though mate, if it's "In your blood" you can't just walk away can you?
If I'm not at a game, it doesn't matter where I am, at a wedding, on holiday, playing golf, I am never completely there, part of me is always wondering how we are getting on.
Would I change it? No
Was always a hypothetical question though, wasn't looking for an actual cure, just people's general feelings towards the club and if they ever wish they could care less.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:19:17 PM »
That's the whole point of the thread though mate, if it's "In your blood" you can't just walk away can you?
If I'm not at a game, it doesn't matter where I am, at a wedding, on holiday, playing golf, I am never completely there, part of me is always wondering how we are getting on.
Would I change it? No
Was always a hypothetical question though, wasn't looking for an actual cure, just people's general feelings towards the club and if they ever wish they could care less.

A healthy dose of sennacotts at @ Kick off minus 8 hours will do the trick! You will not be taking your seat at the shrine, you will be on the throne though !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
Been with the current missus for 22 years now and her favourite saying is " I didn't know at the beginning I was going to have a relationship with WBAFC as well as you."

Our club can bring you heartacre and pain and I have said it many times I dont know if I cant take it again but since that first match in 1966 and although we lost in that game, I became hooked to the Albion family and it became part of my DNA.
You could remind her that dumping the girl friend or wife is allowed, but your football club is for life.
On reflection, perhaps best to say nothing.  ;D
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »
You could remind her that dumping the girl friend or wife is allowed, but your football club is for life.
On reflection, perhaps best to say nothing.  ;D
;)
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE