Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 858878 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1725 on: October 06, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »

One thing I don’t agree on is why should we set the bar at Top6?  We have players with vast experience.  I reckon the captures of Hoolahan / Sako will prove to be inspired and no other Championship clubs have done this.  I think we should be aiming to win the league.  Who is there to scare us?  No one is being deluded it’s important to be confident.

In short the Championship is possibly the most competitive league in world football played over 46 games with relatively thin squads. I therefore would n't burden any team or manager with a benchmark of automatic promotion as a baseline. Top 6 is  reasonable and obviously that does include the 2 automatic promotion spots but there is a degree of luck involved and while it be wrong to suggest that luck will be the key determent those promoted won't be unlucky for sure.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1726 on: October 06, 2018, 08:40:40 PM »
Well done big Dave you are doing a tremendous job.

Bringing in your longtime friend Jones was a masterstroke when  Appleton was being mooted by the media.

I was worried about the full-time appointment as I always want any new manager to have earnt out top job with at least 2 promotions under his belt, but he is doing great under very bad circumstances, as I don't believe he ever thought he'd be scratching around for players in their late 30's for his squad when he got the job.

Hopefully, Jenkins sorts out the finances and dowling sorts out some good scouts and we have some gems lined up in January to boost us in what hopefully will be a final push then.

Maybe Ayling swap for Bartley, who they like at Leeds and Mckenna from the dons if dekka does us a good deal.

After a wonderful win today I can't believe you're souring the victory with talk of shipping out Bartley! He was integral within the team today. Try and be happy!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1727 on: October 06, 2018, 10:44:50 PM »
In short the Championship is possibly the most competitive league in world football played over 46 games with relatively thin squads. I therefore would n't burden any team or manager with a benchmark of automatic promotion as a baseline. Top 6 is  reasonable and obviously that does include the 2 automatic promotion spots but there is a degree of luck involved and while it be wrong to suggest that luck will be the key determent those promoted won't be unlucky for sure.   

I agree this league is competitive and relentless.

The stronger the squad the better your chance to be in the top 6.

Carlos carvahal, a manager I rate, was sacked last season by sheff wed when he had a whole first team out injured, after getting to the play offs the season before.

You need luck and a good medical team to get into the top six in this league with a good squad.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1728 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:44 AM »
He’s done well and I like the fact he has a clear footballing philosophy and way of playing. Still lots of room for improvement. We’ve been unconvincing for large parts of the season and we’re far too open through the middle of the park. This needs to be addressed, as does the away performances.

Would like to see him be a bit more flexible with the formation and personnel away from home. I think the same attacking 3412 leaves us too open. Perhaps dropping one of the strikers for another midfielder would be worth a try with Barnes playing off either Gayle or J Rod.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1730 on: October 08, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1731 on: October 17, 2018, 09:27:26 AM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1732 on: October 17, 2018, 09:33:22 AM »
A message from the man himself:

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/october/a-message-from-darren-moore/

Just cant help but love the bloke can we.

Has been nothing but positive since he took the role on.
Won 2 manager of the month awards.
Rebranded our style of play.
Shifted tactics and formation in such a short space of time.
Scoring goals for fun.
Reconnected with the fans.
Reconnected with the community.
Pretty much run the club on his own over the summer until we managed to try and sort the mess out.

For his first crack at management he aint doing a bad job, granted we may question his tactics/subs at times but overall hes had a very SOLID start to life as a manager/head coach.

Long may it continue.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1733 on: October 17, 2018, 09:37:33 AM »

Thank YOU Darren. I now look forward to albion games with a sense of excitement for the first time in years! And your efforts are showing how an attack-minded approach will entice me and thousands of others back to games regularly just to drink in the amazing atmosphere our fans are capable of generating.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1734 on: October 17, 2018, 03:46:53 PM »

This almost bought a tear to my eye! The passion he has for not only the club but us fans is unreal... he deserves everything positive from our fans! No doom and gloom, even when the going gets tough! Because ultimately he's trying to get them to play the right way, and with dowling coming in now, we may just start to see a shift in player personel.

Im confident that if we were to lose 3 on the bounce at any point (and it will come) then he's more than capable of getting them back on track and motivating them to achieve great things.

Well done Darren, you've certainly proven me wrong... i wasnt completely against you bceoming our manager, you were just my second choice!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1735 on: October 20, 2018, 04:58:47 PM »
Poor team selection, took way too long to change things, poor eventual substitutions.

Copy and paste this for virtually every game this season.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1736 on: October 20, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »
We might be third, but to repeat, we've won games in spite of Moore's team selections and tactics, not because of them.

Reactive management, illogical substitutions, clear favourites (mainly those players who are oldest or happen to have been around the longest), unable to recognise or make attempts to deal with our weaknesses (central midfield, as was clear before the season even started).

Not impressed at all.

Without being consistently bailed out by Gayle and Barnes (worryingly both of whom are on loan), we'd be languishing in the bottom half.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1737 on: October 20, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
Couldn't wait could you..

2 manager of the months. Beaten numerous top prem managers. His changes in recent games have gained us points.

It seems like you expect us to win every game by numerous goals.

We are going to get many more rubbish performances during the season.

Second game we've failed to score. First defeat in 8? Swansea and stoke behind us and both had better transfer windows according to some on here. Stoke fans wanting rowett out.

Moore has spent 7m! He hasn't been backed. We have to be patient, if we lose Moore we lose jones then back
To
Square one

We are 3rd. Best goal difference in the league.  1 point behind top, 4 clear from 7th. We are on track.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1738 on: October 20, 2018, 05:24:01 PM »
We might be third, but to repeat, we've won games in spite of Moore's team selections and tactics, not because of them.

Reactive management, illogical substitutions, clear favourites (mainly those players who are oldest or happen to have been around the longest), unable to recognise or make attempts to deal with our weaknesses (central midfield, as was clear before the season even started).

Not impressed at all.

Without being consistently bailed out by Gayle and Barnes (worryingly both of whom are on loan), we'd be languishing in the bottom half.

3rd thread you've spammed this rubbish in now. Give over mate. Can't win them all.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1739 on: October 20, 2018, 05:32:41 PM »
Can't be people calling for his head already seriously? Whilst that was pretty rank and most of the away performances have also been below par we have still got the results- he is a manager learning his trade.

This next run of fixtures will be test for him as a manager. We might lose a
Couple and it's whether we can bounce back. Also he has an opportunity to try field or Harper cm next game.

O Albion we love you

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1740 on: October 20, 2018, 06:29:44 PM »
Even Pulis (spit) did well at first. He then became a "stick in the mud" which was our undoing.
Darren, although playing a different style is also becoming a "stick in the mud" who wont change.
Surely to move on, people must see what is happening around and adjust accordingly.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1741 on: October 20, 2018, 06:37:16 PM »

Not impressed at all.

Becoming boring. Really boring. Might be best to just copy the same points you make on every thread and then you can paste them in to every thread you heart desires. Who was it you wanted as manager again?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1742 on: October 20, 2018, 06:46:54 PM »
Poor performance again away from home but this time Barnes or Gayle couldn't come to Albion's rescue. Brunt is not a central midfielder and had his usual ineffective game but this time Livermore was no better. Have player's to urine this league if coach had the bottle to pick them.

maccbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1743 on: October 20, 2018, 06:57:41 PM »
Becoming boring. Really boring. Might be best to just copy the same points you make on every thread and then you can paste them in to every thread you heart desires. Who was it you wanted as manager again?
Dean Smith.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1744 on: October 20, 2018, 07:04:32 PM »
Can't be people calling for his head already seriously? Whilst that was pretty rank and most of the away performances have also been below par we have still got the results- he is a manager learning his trade.

This next run of fixtures will be test for him as a manager. We might lose a
Couple and it's whether we can bounce back. Also he has an opportunity to try field or Harper cm next game.

Who is calling for his head?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1745 on: October 20, 2018, 08:00:09 PM »
Concerned that as suspected he is very inflexible tactically. As already said he seems to be re active rather than pro active with his sub's. A game waiting to be won was lost due to familiar failings
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1746 on: October 20, 2018, 08:03:28 PM »
I think as time goes on most fans can see what works and what doesn’t.

1) Surely Mears has seen his last action in a WBA shirt.  We have Phillips on the verge of returning and Sako almost ready.
2) The partnership of Brunt / Livermore is clearly not effective enough even at this level.  I’d like to see Hoolahan given a start.
3) Why always use HRK as a sub when he rarely is effective.  I’d rather have one of Sako, Burke or Leko come on to replace Gayle.

Moore should have learnt from the first 13 games and react accordingly.  I don’t really see any signs of this which I find worrying.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1747 on: October 20, 2018, 08:21:42 PM »
I think as time goes on most fans can see what works and what doesn’t.

1) Surely Mears has seen his last action in a WBA shirt.  We have Phillips on the verge of returning and Sako almost ready.
2) The partnership of Brunt / Livermore is clearly not effective enough even at this level.  I’d like to see Hoolahan given a start.
3) Why always use HRK as a sub when he rarely is effective.  I’d rather have one of Sako, Burke or Leko come on to replace Gayle.

Moore should have learnt from the first 13 games and react accordingly.  I don’t really see any signs of this which I find worrying.

The Wigan goal highlights why Mears shouldn’t be at the club he is ball watching and when he realises it’s too late and he hasn’t got the capacity to sprint back.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1748 on: October 20, 2018, 08:26:22 PM »
The Wigan goal highlights why Mears shouldn’t be at the club he is ball watching and when he realises it’s too late and he hasn’t got the capacity to sprint back.

You can pin a lot of things on Mears but the Wigan goal where Adarabioyo ducked/bottled the header from a straight long ball is not one.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1749 on: October 20, 2018, 08:28:21 PM »

Shame Hegazi couldn't put a tackle in too, think he's more to blame than Mears.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill