Author Topic: Concourse news card payments only  (Read 1973 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Concourse news card payments only
« on: August 09, 2019, 05:28:24 PM »
Just found this in my spam filter

We also wanted to alert you that some concourse kiosks in the East Stand and Bar 3 in the Smethwick End will now take payments by card only. Orders under £30 can pay by contactless and over £30 will be by chip and pin. Please note that we do not accept American Express credit cards.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

ashcroft19

• Baby Baggie

Re: Concourse news card payments only
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 05:51:03 PM »
Finally welcome to the 21st century. Contactless is so much quicker. Cash is dead ;D ;D ;D

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »
All I want from the 21st century is for draft beers to be available in the Smethwick!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »
Finally welcome to the 21st century. Contactless is so much quicker. Cash is dead ;D ;D ;D

The country, as a whole, would be better off  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:01:34 PM »
They'd make much more money and keep the queues down by having more bottle sellers within the concourse and not just at the counters. Seriously, if they had a couple walking around selling bottles of beer they'd make a killing.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 11:05:39 PM »
I'd be more impressed if I could get a mobile signal or access to the internet from the back of the Smeth' to be honest. How's about keeping stocks up, teaching staff to move a bit quicker and learning how to pour a beer? Contactless schmackless, tish and pah.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »
I'd be more impressed if I could get a mobile signal or access to the internet from the back of the Smeth' to be honest. How's about keeping stocks up, teaching staff to move a bit quicker and learning how to pour a beer? Contactless schmackless, tish and pah.

Yeah I second the quickness comment. Had to sit in the Brummie a few seasons back and was actually impressed by the system they had for pints. They had a separate counter that only sold alcohol with staff behind the main counter continuously pouring pints so they were ready when people came up and inevitability ordered some. Always begs the question why they don’t do this everywhere where there are lots of people wanting to order drinks at true same time, especially when the majority of orders are pints of beer/lager