Author Topic: Our Season Starts Now !!  (Read 1812 times)

bigbadjohn

Our Season Starts Now !!
« on: August 21, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
Simple  :D A very start for any teams to face but tell the players our season starts now !!

Lets get some points on the board starting against Stoke  !!

Come On You Baggies !!!!

Kicking Pigeons

Re: Our Season Starts Now !!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
Indeed. Games against Chelsea and Man United are like 'bonus' games in that it helps a lot if you can get points in them but they aren't going to decide whether or not you stay up or not. It's the other games that decide your season.

smethwickbaggie23

• Junior Baggie

Our Season Starts Now !!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:23:07 PM »
I think we all need to stay calm. This is football; anything can happen. This is the premier league; everybody needs to give everything for each single point. We all know there is an element to our support now, who like to get on players' backs when everything doesn't go our way. We all need to give the players 100% support for every single game and stay positive. There is a chance we may still have zero points after 3 games. That will just feed the doom and gloom merchants. We all know what this team is capable of. What us fans our capable of. If we stay as one then we should be ok this season.

My above post seems abit like I'm babbling on. What I mean to say is let's not build the Stoke game up too much. Stay together as one and watch us climb the league.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 05:28:07 PM »
We all knew the opening two games were going to be like mountains to climb. As it turns out, we gave both teams a good run for their money and had them worried, no one can doubt that. It took United 80 mintues and Chelski 83 minutes to take the lead.

I feel that this is the real test, playing teams of similar status who are also fighting for survival. (I know it's early to mention survival, but we need to be realistic.) Hopefully our first 3 points will come sooner rather than later and we can start the ascendancy.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »
Were more ready for a new season in the prem than ever before & with the possabillity of another signing our two we could be safe when there is still 3/4 games of the season to go.Fingers x ha :D

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:08:56 PM »
The pleasing thing about our opening two performances is that our performance as a team has actually warranted something from the game and that makes me confident that we can compete like that throughout the rest of the season. I don't agree with all this bogey malarky against Stoke, it just happens to be in previous season our side hasn't been capable of dealing with their style of play. This team certainly has alot more fight and guts about it and I'm therefore confident we can pick something up.

We couldn't of asked for a tougher start and it's important that with our next three games we pick as many points as we possibly can.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
We need to take some points off the big teams, we would have been in trouble without the 5 points we got from Man United and Arsenal last season

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 06:30:44 PM »
Six or seven points from our first six games and we would be on track.

So two wins (at least) out of the next 4 games (eminently do-able) will put us on course

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
We simply have to get at least a point against stoke. Not only because its stoke and i hate them but because we need to register some points as i know we had a very difficult start but looking at the table after three games and seeing us sitting there with no points on the board would be a bit demroalising especially given the two performances we just gave that did us all proud. I think we just need to get that winning mentality into the club and we will be fine
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

reiss

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »
next three games

wba 2 - 1 stoke
Norwich 1- 1 wba
Swansea 0- 1 wba

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 04:02:36 PM »
Albion 1-1 Stoke