Author Topic: Matheus Pereira  (Read 493540 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Matheus Pereira (on loan from Sporting Lisbon)
« Reply #275 on: September 29, 2019, 01:23:14 PM »
Every time he gets the ball I get a raging hard on!!

That's the sort of thing you need to keep to yourself Kie…... :o
MAGA!

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #276 on: September 29, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »
Whatever ‘it’ is, this guy has it
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #277 on: September 29, 2019, 01:40:45 PM »
I haven't been so excited for years about the young talent we have in our squad
I have been watching the boys for 63 years and this is the most exciting Albion squad  since the days of Robson, Regis, Cunningham, Cantello Statham etc in the late 70's, if we lose t Pereira because we have dithered and dallied about signing him then the board should be charged with neglect, this guy is not only the lynch pin in getting us to the premiership with all the other talent around him but he with them plus quality buys will be instrumental in keeping us there before we eventually lose him which we probably will but he wont go cheaply

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #278 on: September 29, 2019, 02:24:58 PM »

In pereiras case especially, it’ll be a defence mechanism required due to the “attention “ he will receive

I hope aren’t going to try and justify his actions, especially with a poor excuse like that. The Derby dive, Huddersfield Dive, cut throat celebration and little tap on the players face are all unnecessary and we would go livid if that was any opposition player regardless.

If you going to be a shithouse, put a strong challenge in. Don’t behave like that. I hope he cuts it out because he is fantastic talent.   

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #279 on: September 29, 2019, 05:15:51 PM »
I hope aren’t going to try and justify his actions, especially with a poor excuse like that. The Derby dive, Huddersfield Dive, cut throat celebration and little tap on the players face are all unnecessary and we would go livid if that was any opposition player regardless.

If you going to be a shithouse, put a strong challenge in. Don’t behave like that. I hope he cuts it out because he is fantastic talent.

I understand the other points but what was wrong with this exactly?

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #280 on: September 29, 2019, 08:24:48 PM »
I believe the ground is named after a youth team player that was killed in a knife incident. Makes the goal celebration really inappropriate but he wouldn’t know...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #281 on: September 29, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
No issue with the celebration. Or the shith0usery as he went off. Less keen on the play acting.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #282 on: September 29, 2019, 09:09:02 PM »
No issue with the celebration. Or the shith0usery as he went off. Less keen on the play acting.

Slaven certainly wasn’t impressed with him
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hacker

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #283 on: September 29, 2019, 09:34:50 PM »
Imagine Gayle up front with this guy supplying the ammunition!

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2019, 10:12:05 PM »
I believe the ground is named after a youth team player that was killed in a knife incident. Makes the goal celebration really inappropriate but he wouldn’t know...

Blimey, that's a tad much. His celebration quite obviously had nothing whatsoever to do with that, and even making the link is utterly ridiculous.

The guy is an incredible player, so pleased we finally got the transfer over the line.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2019, 10:15:44 PM »
Blimey, that's a tad much. His celebration quite obviously had nothing whatsoever to do with that, and even making the link is utterly ridiculous.

The guy is an incredible player, so pleased we finally got the transfer over the line.
To be fair he did say that the player wouldn’t know..
It’s probably not the best celebration out there....but we have to Dembele these guys are still quite young and naive, not sure even us old uns would remain calm having just scored.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
I thought his reaction was just stating that the game was over because the goal had just killed them off.

Cardiaccarol

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2019, 11:01:33 PM »
Don’t get me wrong. I think he is a great player (+ mom yesterday for me). No-one else has made a big deal of this but given the knife crime deaths in this country it’s a bit distasteful.
I’m an old git and I’m most likely to get stabbed by a tin openers and I’ve not been affected by knife crime. And as Droitwich says the game was killed. -still doesn’t feel right to me

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2019, 11:28:19 PM »
Both the celebration and getting involved with the QPR player as he was walking off the pitch were unnecessary and to varying degrees stupid. Both could have landed him in trouble for absolute zero gain. Bilic looked like he pulled him up about the confrontation as he was walking off which is fine by me. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

boingboing1989

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2019, 12:44:40 AM »
I thought his reaction was just stating that the game was over because the goal had just killed them off.
That's the way i took it as well, that we'd killed the game off.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »
This guy could go to the very top. He has everything. Thank god we have a price agreed up front because otherwise Sporting could of asked for 30 million plus the rate he is going

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #291 on: September 30, 2019, 08:53:29 AM »
Don’t get me wrong. I think he is a great player (+ mom yesterday for me). No-one else has made a big deal of this but given the knife crime deaths in this country it’s a bit distasteful.
I’m an old git and I’m most likely to get stabbed by a tin openers and I’ve not been affected by knife crime. And as Droitwich says the game was killed. -still doesn’t feel right to me

Amazed the Express and Dingle haven't been on the case, taps watch.

Mountain + Molehill = B@ll@cks Sensationalist Headline.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #292 on: September 30, 2019, 08:54:09 AM »
This guy could go to the very top. He has everything. Thank god we have a price agreed up front because otherwise Sporting could of asked for 30 million plus the rate he is going

Agree. He is absolutely outstanding and I just hope that we have got him tied down. If we can afford the fee he is a must have. Top half of the premier quality.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2019, 01:36:33 PM »
He's the sort of footballer you pay to watch.

Oozes quality. So glad we signed him.

Hope we can make it permanent if he carries on in this form.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #294 on: October 01, 2019, 09:37:48 AM »
Chatting to my Spurs reporter mate who watched the game the weekend.  He reckoned Pereira was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch and should be playing top half in the Prem.  When I told him we have a buy option for £10m he couldn't believe it.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #295 on: October 01, 2019, 09:44:25 AM »
Chatting to my Spurs reporter mate who watched the game the weekend.  He reckoned Pereira was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch and should be playing top half in the Prem.

I agree with him. He's the most naturally gifted player we've had for a long time.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2019, 10:28:20 AM »
good test of temperament tonight, I fully expect "Dirty Leeds" to try and get stuck into him and try to elicit a reaction. He is bound to be targeted as people wise up to his ability to boss a game
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #297 on: October 01, 2019, 11:15:38 AM »
I would be tempted to start him on the bench tonight TBH, they will go for him 100%

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #298 on: October 01, 2019, 11:24:33 AM »
I would be tempted to start him on the bench tonight TBH, they will go for him 100%

No chance. He is a matchwinner. You do not bench a matchwinner in your biggest game of the season. Have faith in him to be able to deal with it and use the fact that they will target him to create space for other players to exploit.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #299 on: October 01, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »
I agree, if he is to fulfill his potential he has to be able to deal with the dark arts, I suspect we will know better how he is equipped for this after tonight. Must start !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!