Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631519 times)

GrGr

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »
Sometimes a Pete moment of genius is all that stands between us and 3 points. It'd be unwise to sell him for anything other than silly money. I still believe that the change to 442, and the resulting lack of support from midfield has stunted Pete's form and goals tally this season.

Exactly this. Talk of selling him is just blather, typical of the rumour market.

Jamesa2407

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2012, 03:34:13 PM »
To lose Pete would be very very stupid. I appreciate if a club was to offer lets say 6-7 Million for him then it would be quite irrasitable. But then you need to put that money straight into buying another striker. We have to remember Pete hardly had a pre season, He has had a few injury's this year, and he is playing with a lot less support than last year. Also him and long are yet to form a partnership. I really do like him as a player, and think he can score goals out of nothing, He has already got us for argument sake 7 points this season with assists and goals, maybe more points. We need to be careful with a player like Pete, the fans get on his back too much, I honestly feel he is the kind of player to just walk away. He's a premiership striker, we have been asking for, for years. Now we have two or three in long and fortune (after his fantastic performance against stoke). Really don't want him to be sold.
"We Are West Bromwich Albion
West Bromwich Albion FC"

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »
I can't see any truth in the story as its 'We'll link ourselves with everyone like we did at Blues' the Gold/ Sullivan clan BUT if someone did offer us £7m-£8m for a player the wrong side of 30 then its something we would have to consider strongly. Thats where we are as a football club.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
Even if someone did offer that though there'd be no point unless there's an obvious available replacement. It'd be suicidal to go the rest of the season with really only Long as a premier league striker, and he's had various injury problems the past few months.

Then any replacement would likely cost well over the odds, just like Liverpool last year, got a too good to turn down deal with 50m, then ended up having to pay 35m for Carroll.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2012, 04:47:38 PM »
I dont think it would happen because I doubt we'd sell but if we decided too it would make good business sense to sell him for £8mil and go and get Maynard for £2mil.

Very similar players IMO.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2012, 04:54:38 PM »
I don't believe it's true.

However an offer of £8million we really must consider, providing we're able to line up a replacement. If that was a loan to carry us to the end of the season, then so be it. We'd have to replace him as on his day he's probably our best forward thinking player and he's certainly capable of providing us with a goal. Even when he has off days, he still manages to produce something from nothing as he proved at Blackburn with a wonderful strike which won us the game.

I will however say his inconsistency though this season has been something which has annoyed me. Too many times this season I've questioned his attitude during matches and it's something I don't like to be doing. The difference between the Pete of last season and the Pete of this season effort wise is enormous and that has to improve if he's to change peoples opinions of him.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
Liverpool rumour now, what i mean by that some Liverpool writer reckons he would be ideal in their current striker situation and a good PR stunt reference Petes racial abuse he suffered in Russia
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:38:16 AM by Jack Russell »
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »
how will we go to pot? he hasnt played half the season and when he as he as been rubbish and looks like he doesnt want to be here!

Rubbish???Really?? he is our only proven striker at this level. he adds so much to this side with his pace, ability to go past players and experience

And as for the comment after this one about we will had a football club before there will be one after he has gone...who said anything about the club going to pot??I just think we will be seriously weakened and lose some more of the unpredictable play we take to teams with PO in the side...

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2012, 12:11:47 PM »
Rubbish???Really?? he is our only proven striker at this level. he adds so much to this side with his pace, ability to go past players and experience

And as for the comment after this one about we will had a football club before there will be one after he has gone...who said anything about the club going to pot??I just think we will be seriously weakened and lose some more of the unpredictable play we take to teams with PO in the side...

' we will go to pot' who is that then?
I never mentioned club I said team!
For what he's contributed on the pitch so far this season he wouldn't  be missed
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »

again oppinions i dont like odemwingie you do your entitled to, cant really put my finger on it but there is something underlying as i have said on here before his body language isnt right and i honestly feel he doesnt want to be here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:32:30 PM by kris_boing »

Johnny256WBAFC

« Reply #135 on: January 26, 2012, 01:01:24 PM »
Ozzy won't go knowere as he's already turned down newcastle and arsenal so why would he go.... Pete go back bald son thats how you play best.. :D

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »
Ozzy won't go knowere as he's already turned down newcastle and arsenal so why would he go.... Pete go back bald son thats how you play best.. :D

Why waste time on this post.Roy said he is worth £8,000,000 so unless somebody matches that he is playing for us.
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »
I reckon we should sign this bloke. He had a successful season-long loan with us last season. We could do with him back.
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2012, 06:05:25 PM »
again oppinions i dont like odemwingie you do your entitled to, cant really put my finger on it but there is something underlying as i have said on here before his body language isnt right and i honestly feel he doesnt want to be here.

It's a shame you've formed those opinions because you're basically guessing about his mindset and then writing a player off.

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2012, 06:18:17 PM »
It's a shame you've formed those opinions because you're basically guessing about his mindset and then writing a player off.

A pretty accurate guess if you ask me.
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2012, 02:40:15 AM »

The Odemwingie rumour mill has re-surfaced in today's Sun. Stranger moves have happened in football - and big money talks.

You’ll need a Ful £6m for Peter

FULHAM will have to pay £6million to land West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie.
QPR are also keen on the Nigerian, 30, who scored 15 times last season.
Fulham have already seen an offer of £3m plus two players turned down by West Brom.
Baggies boss Roy Hodgson insists Odemwingie is not for sale but the club are likely to sell at £6m.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2012, 07:41:54 AM »
The more bids that are reported and the more strikers we are linked with makes me think that this really does have legs.
Wouldnt be surprised to see Pete off at 11.59pm on Monday

wba1968a

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2012, 10:35:06 AM »
When I first reported the story in 'The Times' that WBA had offered Odemwingie to QPR, many said it was a piece of lazy journalistic nonsense. Now it is clear that the story was true.

Odemwingie's demeanour shows he is unhappy and the coach has expressed his frustration with the player. He will be gone soon, before his value declines too far.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »
I honestly don't see how this pure speculation based on the fact we would like another striker can suddenly mean that initial story of offering him to QPR was definitely true, you are just guessing like everyone else.

We rarely use Cox as a striker, until last week Fortune hadn't been used. Tchoyi hasn't been used for a good while so we only have Odemwingie and Long who has been struggling with injury. We simply need more options.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went in the summer but it would surprise me if he went anywhere before this window closes. We have let strikers go in January before and really suffered for it, we can't make that mistake again.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
Hodgson has been speaking this morning about the fact that he would like to sign a new striker - apart from Hustzi, but is not too optimistic. If he is successful, however, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if we cash in on Odemwingie.

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »
suicidel as someone else posted if it happens /how long did it take to recover when we let super kev walk out the door a couple of seasons back  ???

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2012, 12:11:37 PM »
suicidel as someone else posted if it happens /how long did it take to recover when we let super kev walk out the door a couple of seasons back  ???

We just let him go and didn't replace him, hopefully we have a striker before Pete goes

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2012, 12:39:28 PM »
If this does happen without a suitable replacement i wont be at all happy >:(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »
It's not happening.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
He's going nowhere, I'll bet my mortgage on it.