Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 160767 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #600 on: October 14, 2020, 03:37:49 PM »
I for one am glad he is staying.

We dont utilise him correctly or play to his strengths.

I agree with this so much
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #601 on: October 14, 2020, 06:26:39 PM »
If he has enough pride and decency to get properly fit, he could win us a couple of games off the bench at least

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #602 on: October 14, 2020, 06:38:11 PM »
Didn’t he play in a 2 v Harrogate. He was awful again that night. The bloke can’t run and seems to have lost the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Get rid.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #603 on: October 14, 2020, 06:53:46 PM »
Apart from giving oranges out at half time I can't see what Charlies strengths are!

He gets my upmost respect for what he did when he came off the bench at the blues.

He is a team player and his experience is valuable to the club, so I am pleased he is staying
MAGA!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2020, 07:34:28 PM »
Didn’t he play in a 2 v Harrogate. He was awful again that night. The bloke can’t run and seems to have lost the knack of being in the right place at the right time. Get rid.

Who was his strike partner?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2020, 07:49:28 PM »
He gets my upmost respect for what he did when he came off the bench at the blues.

He is a team player and his experience is valuable to the club, so I am pleased he is staying

Whats the saying? One swallow doesn't make a Spring.
100% effort and keeping ones self fit is a pre-requisite when your on a reported £50k a week. We don't see enough of that for me.
Sadly time has caught up with him.
If we can get a replacement he should be shown the door.
Natural progression.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2020, 08:08:57 PM »
I don't understand the sentiment that he's good in a two or would be better if we played to his strengths. We don't, Bilic has rarely looked like opting for a two up top and we are unlikely to start. I'd prefer he go if I'm honest.

However, you give these players contracts and sell them the dream to get them to sign, you can't then be to up in arms if it doesn't go well and they wish to see those contracts out. 

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #607 on: October 14, 2020, 10:38:34 PM »
Sadly not up to the level we need any more, doesn’t matter what system we use. Changing systems isn’t going to enable him to run any faster.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #608 on: October 15, 2020, 07:45:45 AM »
Whats the saying? One swallow doesn't make a Spring.
100% effort and keeping ones self fit is a pre-requisite when your on a reported £50k a week. We don't see enough of that for me.
Sadly time has caught up with him.
If we can get a replacement he should be shown the door.
Natural progression.

Its 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' actually......

I would rather have him on the bench instead of either a) HRK, or b), a vacancy.

I do agree with your comments though, but this is the Albion and you will know that if Charlie did go we would not fill the void.
MAGA!

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #609 on: October 15, 2020, 10:21:30 AM »
MLS in January now being mentioned for Austin

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: October 15, 2020, 11:34:17 AM »
Its 'one swallow doesn't make a summer' actually......

I would rather have him on the bench instead of either a) HRK, or b), a vacancy.

I do agree with your comments though, but this is the Albion and you will know that if Charlie did go we would not fill the void.

If it helps  :D
translation (1926): Harris Rackham (1868-1944)
To be happy takes a complete lifetime; for one swallow does not make spring, nor does one fine day; and similarly one day or a brief period of happiness does not make a man supremely blessed and happy.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #611 on: October 15, 2020, 12:13:00 PM »
MLS in January now being mentioned for Austin

Wonder if grab-a-granny Rooney talked him into that during their recent telephone chat. Rumours are circling Wazza is going to replace Phillip Cocu as Derby manager.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #612 on: October 15, 2020, 12:20:46 PM »
Wonder if grab-a-granny Rooney talked him into that during their recent telephone chat. Rumours are circling Wazza is going to replace Phillip Cocu as Derby manager.

Don't know if anyone noticed that when we played Derby at ours at the end of last season, Charlie and Rooney were quite chatty with each other after the game. I had a daft idea in my head then that Rooney might have been tapping him up.
If he did it obviously didn't work. Then again money talks.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #613 on: October 15, 2020, 02:51:57 PM »
I don't understand the sentiment that he's good in a two or would be better if we played to his strengths. We don't, Bilic has rarely looked like opting for a two up top and we are unlikely to start. I'd prefer he go if I'm honest.

However, you give these players contracts and sell them the dream to get them to sign, you can't then be to up in arms if it doesn't go well and they wish to see those contracts out.

I have no issues with him sitting on his backside for a year and picking up his money.   He has shown commitment and desire every time i've seen him play but his body is yards behind his brain.   It's not been for want of trying and he has looked a frustrated man at times but still kept a positive persona.   If he knows his legs are gone and doesn't want to slog through a season of Championship struggle at Derby then fair play.  A season somewhere sunny in the states might be a more attractive proposition. 

If he's not going because he thinks he still has something to offer at this level.....well i guess self confidence is a key personality trait for many a striker, even if in this case it is a bit misplaced.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 02:56:54 PM by Oldbury24 »

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #614 on: October 15, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »
I'm guessing it's either him or Ken as a lone striker against Burnley (which ever doesn't leave),

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #615 on: October 16, 2020, 12:16:11 AM »
Austin holding on to MLS escape around christmas supposedly.
O Albion we love you

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #616 on: October 16, 2020, 11:14:09 AM »
Logically he is a player towards the end of his career and there is a lot more financial certainty in the Premiership than there is in the Championship at the moment.  I cannot see why he would move to Derby and take a significant pay cut?  MLS might be more attractive, but even then, why not see out your contract with us?  Financially it makes sense. 

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #617 on: October 16, 2020, 11:44:13 AM »
Austin holding on to MLS escape around christmas supposedly.
Shame we can't adapt the American Football approach and just bring him on to take penalties!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #618 on: October 16, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
The truth is Austin has been milking his contracts for a little while now certainly for his last season at Southampton who would probably unloaded him a little sooner. It is now 3 seasons since Austin has played much more than 15 games worth of minutes in a season.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: October 16, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »
The truth is Austin has been milking his contracts for a little while now certainly for his last season at Southampton who would probably unloaded him a little sooner. It is now 3 seasons since Austin has played much more than 15 games worth of minutes in a season.

Saints chucked him in with the kids to try to get him to move on, wonder if we will do the same, too late for now though. From what people have said on here though sounds like he's got something lined up for MLS in Jan, hope it's true.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #620 on: October 16, 2020, 12:44:53 PM »
Saints chucked him in with the kids to try to get him to move on, wonder if we will do the same, too late for now though. From what people have said on here though sounds like he's got something lined up for MLS in Jan, hope it's true.

You can't chuck pro's in with the kids now due to Covid bubble rules !

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #621 on: October 16, 2020, 12:46:37 PM »
You can't chuck pro's in with the kids now due to Covid bubble rules !

I think Bilic prefers HRK so wonder if he will leave Austin out as he's 4th choice it seems.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #622 on: October 16, 2020, 12:52:13 PM »
I think Bilic prefers HRK so wonder if he will leave Austin out as he's 4th choice it seems.
As it's 12 weeks until the next transfer window opens and Robson-Kanu could be out injured for at least half of that time, another option would be to leave Robson-Kanu out of the 25 man list. Personally, I'd prefer Austin to him.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #623 on: October 16, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »
As it's 12 weeks until the next transfer window opens and Robson-Kanu could be out injured for at least half of that time, another option would be to leave Robson-Kanu out of the 25 man list. Personally, I'd prefer Austin to him.

I would too but we all know Bilic won't play people he's not fussed about unless essential. Also the fact they are still willing to let him go speaks volumes.

They will be happy to manage with Robinson and Grant for a few weeks.

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #624 on: October 17, 2020, 08:21:01 AM »
Assume that Charlie stayed after all that and may have to lead the line on Monday.