Author Topic: Charlie Austin loaned to QPR  (Read 160779 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Charlie Austin
« Reply #375 on: March 23, 2020, 09:27:07 AM »
I think he self-isolated from his team mates on the pitch a few times during the season too!  :P ouch (sorry)

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: March 23, 2020, 09:37:05 AM »
With his chest control he's screwed.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #377 on: April 20, 2020, 07:42:15 PM »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #378 on: April 20, 2020, 07:47:59 PM »
Yes please. Not good enough for the PL anymore. We need a new front 3 if we go up but i think Bilic loves HRK so can see him staying.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #379 on: April 20, 2020, 07:57:17 PM »
HRK deserves his chance in the top league.  Without his goals this season we would have been struggling to keep up with the top 3.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »
A few games apart, I think he's been very disappointing and definitely not up to Prem League should we go up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2020, 07:58:56 PM »
HRK deserves his chance in the top league.  Without his goals this season we would have been struggling to keep up with the top 3.

HRK has already had a few seasons in the PL and not done well. I'd like to see him move on but i think he will stay.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2020, 08:02:12 PM »
HRK has already had a few seasons in the PL and not done well. I'd like to see him move on but i think he will stay.
Before this season I'd certainly agree.

But I think Bilic has changed him for the better. This season he's been incredible at times, maybe he's been coached differently, who knows? But he's definitely better. Even without his goals there's something clicked with his game in terms of decision making. I'd give him a chance if we go up.

On to Austin, yes I would sell in the summer if possible. I imagine he's on big money and is only getting older.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2020, 08:40:26 PM »
Just a pity to make this public now. Something of a demotivating factor for Austin to perform for the rest of the season.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2020, 09:08:09 PM »
see ya charlie !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2020, 09:18:14 PM »
Definitely hasn’t lived up to expectations but has scored some important goals for us this season

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2020, 06:46:39 AM »
He always comes across to me as someone who is full of his own self importance.
If we go up I would let him go. We will have to take a bit of a hit on him I would expect, but so be it.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2020, 08:06:35 AM »
I thought his signing was the iceing on the cake in  getting us promoted back to the prem. I still think he's a good forward but one who hasn't found his feet 100% at the club but wouldn't stop his move.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 11:12:41 AM by geoff »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2020, 08:31:13 AM »
He always comes across to me as someone who is full of his own self importance.
If we go up I would let him go. We will have to take a bit of a hit on him I would expect, but so be it.

Comes across to me as someone who is confident and outgoing. Does a lot for charity and seems to be a proper family man. Unfortunately I think we bought him as his legs were starting to go. No doubting his ability as his record demonstrates, and I will always be thankful to him for turning the bluenose game around at St Andrews....a wonderful performance, but sadly his last good one.

I agree with you about letting him go and taking the hit though.......
MAGA!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »
Just a pity to make this public now. Something of a demotivating factor for Austin to perform for the rest of the season.

I think I saw something from a not very reliable site about Austin talking up a move to Scotland one day so I don't think this is a coincidence it is just a question of how much it will cost us to unload him.  Rangers would be about right could get a couple of years in the SPL. This is as much about the player wanting to move on as it is the club wanting to move him on.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #390 on: April 21, 2020, 10:42:07 AM »
Never looked fully fit to me, maybe he likes the pies and the pints a bit too much, we could have a lot worse on the bench even in the prem, but if we can do a deal that suits all then happy to see him go

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #391 on: April 21, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »
I sort of like him he's always looking to score and will shoot at any opportunity unlike that in a striker that bit of selfishness.
He's scored some important goals for us this season,give us a good return by  end of season and when we get promoted let him go to bonnie Scotland and join whoever, if we get 2 million for him he will have been worth it.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »
Thought the half volley against blues was his best in Albion shirt but think he definitely isn't match fit or like lambert his career will fall of cliff while being in stripes.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #393 on: April 22, 2020, 10:15:39 AM »
The system we play just doesn't suit him.  I still think he is the most natural goalscorer this club has had for quite some time but it just hasn't quite worked out for him here.
"This crack is really moreish."

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:24 PM »
The system we play just doesn't suit him.  I still think he is the most natural goalscorer this club has had for quite some time but it just hasn't quite worked out for him here.
Yep, he's just not mobile/fit enough to slot in and do a similar job to HRK for any length of time, it's not his game. Obviously there are plenty who are very grudging to give HRK any credit but he's been very important in our current line-up/system.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #395 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:59 PM »

What about Gayle ??

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #396 on: April 22, 2020, 07:38:30 PM »
What about Gayle ??
At their best, Austin for me.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #397 on: April 22, 2020, 08:34:56 PM »

Lets put it this way. If we had Gayle instead of Austin this season , we would have been promoted now.  He would have delivered 20 goals and that would have been enough.

Gayle's record last season speaks for itself.  Austin has been a complete flop !!

The sooner he's gone the better.  When we got him the Southampton fans were saying how rubbish he was.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #398 on: April 22, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »

Thats a shocker!   If you mean Austin at his career best, then yes, but best at the Albion not a chance!  CA has been an appalling bit of business IMO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #399 on: April 22, 2020, 08:47:05 PM »
I took it to mean career best. Austin has been a far better player than Dwight.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.