Author Topic: Ex Players Thread  (Read 421920 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Ex Players Thread
« Reply #900 on: October 03, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »
Stat in todays papers saying Lambert has scored the most goals on the football league this century.
219 and played 605 games
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #901 on: October 03, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »
Stat in todays papers saying Lambert has scored the most goals on the football league this century.
219 and played 605 games

This millennium!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #902 on: October 04, 2017, 10:35:50 AM »
This millennium!

At this chronological moment in time its the same thing smarty pants.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #905 on: October 05, 2017, 10:01:53 PM »
Sean Gregan leaves his position as joint Darlington Manager after just 5 days.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #906 on: October 06, 2017, 10:52:56 PM »
Here's one for Jacko. Apparently Shane Long has gone 237 days without a goal.  :o
the regime don't like it man

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2017, 06:04:22 AM »
Here's one for Jacko. Apparently Shane Long has gone 237 days without a goal.  :o

Is anyone surprised? Can be sure he's worked really hard during that period though with the occasional dive and lots of chest beating fans seem to love thrown in for good measure...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

Is anyone surprised? Can be sure he's worked really hard during that period though with the occasional dive and lots of chest beating fans seem to love thrown in for good measure...
So who will score first Long or Berahino??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2017, 05:43:30 PM »
Shane Long's premier league career...

Albion - overall did pretty well. I'm not a knocker of either but it could be an interesting argument as to who out of him or Rondon has contributed most to the side.

Hull - played well with Jelavic alongside him

Southampton - played well for Koeman. Since then Southampton as a team have been woefully short of goals.

Oh and scores goals for fun against Villa - most of them spectacular.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2017, 07:26:13 PM »
Anybody remember the reserve keeper from the late 90's Chris Adamson?

He turned out for Willenhall Town today in the West Midlands (Regional) league. I was running the line.

I saw the team sheet before the game and was going to comment to the ref that Albion used to have a keeper called that, isn't that funny.

You should have seen my face when he came out the dressing room whilst I was doing the pre match boot check.  :o

Slimbo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #911 on: October 08, 2017, 02:31:00 PM »
Saido

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41456051

Since Stoke striker Saido Berahino last scored a goal, we've seen a Brexit referendum, Leicester City winning the league and three different England managers.

The numbers don't make for happy reading for the 24-year-old: 1,908 minutes, 583 days, 38 shots, 30 Premier League games and counting.

He had a golden chance to end his barren run against Southampton on Saturday but had his penalty saved by Saints goalkeeper Fraser Forster.

Top five Premier League goalscorers since 28 February 2016
Harry Kane   44
Sergio Aguero   36
Romelu Lukaku   34
Alexis Sanchez   31
Sadio Mane   24
Spurs striker Kane has netted 44 times during that period and the two players have experienced contrasting fortunes.

In November 2014, then West Brom frontman Berahino was called up to the England national team by Roy Hodgson after a run of seven goals in 10 games.

In the same week, Kane scored the winner for Tottenham against Aston Villa but was yet to start a league game for his club and an international call-up was not even under consideration.

In fact, the two could have been team-mates, had Baggies chairman Jeremy Peace not rejected four bids from Tottenham for Berahino in the summer of 2015.
I drink to forget but I don't forget to drink

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #912 on: October 11, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

BB74

• Senior Baggie

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #915 on: October 17, 2017, 07:23:45 PM »
Craig Shakespeare loses his job as Foxes Manager, taken over by another formerly of the parish Micheal Appleton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41656917

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #916 on: October 24, 2017, 04:37:06 PM »
Pepe Mel out at Deportivo.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #917 on: October 25, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »
'I played alongside three gay footballers', claims former West Brom defender Carl Hoefkens

The 39-year-old spent two years at Stoke City between 2005 and 2007 before the Baggies bought him for £750,000.

The Belgian remained at The Hawthorns for two seasons but was then released in the summer of 2009.

“I played alongside three gay footballers, including one who was a genuinely big name,' Hoefkens, told Belgian newspaper De Zondag.

“They did not hide who they were in the dressing-room. One was at Club Brugge, and the other two were in England. I won't name names as I respect their requests.

“One of them would even arrive at training with his boyfriend. They asked us to keep quiet to the outside world, but don't ask me why.

“I find it strange that homosexuality is still a taboo in football. It is a pity.

“I hope that a top player will one day stand up and announce: ‘I'm gay - so what?’ Then the taboo will finally disappear.

“If I were gay I would do it for certain. This is something that is generally accepted in society after all.”

There are currently no openly gay footballers in England’s top four divisions, but former Villa midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger came out in 2014 once he had retired.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/10/23/i-played-alongside-three-gay-footballers-claims-former-west-brom-defender-carl-hoefkens/

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #918 on: October 25, 2017, 01:31:04 PM »
'I played alongside three gay footballers', claims former West Brom defender Carl Hoefkens

The 39-year-old spent two years at Stoke City between 2005 and 2007 before the Baggies bought him for £750,000.

The Belgian remained at The Hawthorns for two seasons but was then released in the summer of 2009.

“I played alongside three gay footballers, including one who was a genuinely big name,' Hoefkens, told Belgian newspaper De Zondag.

“They did not hide who they were in the dressing-room. One was at Club Brugge, and the other two were in England. I won't name names as I respect their requests.

“One of them would even arrive at training with his boyfriend. They asked us to keep quiet to the outside world, but don't ask me why.

“I find it strange that homosexuality is still a taboo in football. It is a pity.

“I hope that a top player will one day stand up and announce: ‘I'm gay - so what?’ Then the taboo will finally disappear.

“If I were gay I would do it for certain. This is something that is generally accepted in society after all.”

There are currently no openly gay footballers in England’s top four divisions, but former Villa midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger came out in 2014 once he had retired.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/10/23/i-played-alongside-three-gay-footballers-claims-former-west-brom-defender-carl-hoefkens/

Hoefkens should name names or keep his mouth shut. This statement from him otherwise means sod all it's just words. Pointless.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #919 on: October 27, 2017, 02:42:38 PM »

Hoefkens should name names or keep his mouth shut. This statement from him otherwise means sod all it's just words. Pointless.

Why should he out the players that have asked not to be? Why on earth would he do that.

And I feel he is confirming what everybody knows anyway; there are gay players out there too scared to come out in public.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: October 27, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
I suppose he's saying that the dressing room accepted it which is an important step i.e. no big deal.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #921 on: November 06, 2017, 06:47:35 PM »
So Jonas Ollson will be playing in Europe next year with his new club.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/909570545?-11200:789:0

well done Olly

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #922 on: November 06, 2017, 11:32:23 PM »
At the expense of Graham Potter's Östersunds naughty word.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #923 on: November 08, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
At the expense of Graham Potter's Östersunds naughty word.
Going very well is ex Baggie Mr Potter who has just gotten his team through to the next round of the Europa
They've just overturned a 3-1 deficit from the first leg against PAOK to make the Europa League Group stages.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/nov/08/graham-potter-ostersund--europa-league-premier-league-clubs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41933777
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:22:05 PM by BigFrank20 »
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #924 on: November 13, 2017, 09:08:49 PM »
always seems to end up with issues with Club Presidents/Chairmen

Peter Odemwingie planning to leave Madura United after fall-out with Indonesian club's president

Former Albion striker Peter Odemwingie is planning to leave Madura United after claiming the Indonesian club’s president made up quotes from him accusing the league of corruption.

Odemwingie publicly asked Achsanul Qosasi on Twitter not to misquote him in the press with ‘things he never said’ before releasing a long statement about his fall-out with the president.

Madura finished fifth in the Indonesian Liga 1, eight points off the top spot before Qosasi released a statement supposedly from the 36-year-old striker.

Odemwingie responded: “I have been quoted in the press by officials of Madura United making negative comments about Liga1 and PSSE (the Indonesian Football Association).

"The club shouldn’t use my name to complain about the league operators because we didn’t become champions.

“We came close so it’s hard to handle the emotions, so to an extent it’s understandable. Yes, few poor decisions from referees (like it happens everywhere in the world).

“We can only complain and speculate about corruption until proven.”

Odemwingie signed for Madura in April as their ‘marquee player’ for the season and scored 13 goals in 18 league games. But he’s now trying to leave after president Qosasi revealed details of his contract.

“I can confirm that me and the club are looking to agree a contract termination,” he said. “It is not correct of the President to give out details of my contract so I will also give one detail so it’s fair.

“They want a clause that I can’t sign for any other team in Indonesia.

“We let the dust settle down and hopefully find a sensible win-win. I hope I will not need need to use this medium to clarify again.”

Odemwingie is Albion’s record scorer in the Premier League with 30 goals.

He has played for Cardiff, Stoke, Bristol City and Rotherham United since leaving the Baggies in 2013.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2017/11/13/peter-odemwingie-planning-to-leave-madura-united-after-fall-out-with-indonesian-clubs-president/#ZME7VV0qboi18RhV.99
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.