Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 135811 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #375 on: January 10, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »
There is no question that Foster is No.1 keeper at the club as well as being one of the best in the Prem. However, football is a squad game, and I'm sure TP selected Myhill so as to show he's still part of the squad. If players go a whole season without ever being selected,  you start getting ruptures in the team spirit, whereas in the end you need a dressing room where everybody is united behind the team .
Being number 2 keeper must be incredibly difficult, because, you know you are going to be on the bench the vast majority of the time, yet you still have to be physically and mentally prepared to step in at any minute due to injury or ill discipline.
I always thought Myhill handled this very well, but Saturday he just didn't seem prepared. Can't blame Pulis for resting Foster, as Myhill has always been adequate, if not outstanding, when called upon in the past.
Probably time to get someone in who is more hungry and can genuinely challenge for the number 1 jersey, rather than content to warm the bench.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: January 10, 2017, 12:38:25 PM »
His responsibility to organise the wall. His positioning was all wrong and as to the lack of effort to dive and try to make a save, well pathetic.

You've not answered my question and doesn't explain why players running in front of him is his error which is what was suggested in the post I responded to.

I agree with everything you say about the wall and the lack of movement, however if he was unsighted because both Derby and our players ran across his line of vision how is that his fault?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #377 on: January 10, 2017, 01:02:37 PM »
You've not answered my question and doesn't explain why players running in front of him is his error which is what was suggested in the post I responded to.

I agree with everything you say about the wall and the lack of movement, however if he was unsighted because both Derby and our players ran across his line of vision how is that his fault?

Who said anything about players running on front of him, I didn't and I cant see a post saying that players were running in front of him. Again as said this does not excuse his positioning and his pathetic non attempt to try to make the save.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »
Who said anything about players running on front of him, I didn't and I cant see a post saying that players were running in front of him. Again as said this does not excuse his positioning and his pathetic non attempt to try to make the save.

I said about players running in  front of him in response to another poster asking why Myhill didn't make any attempt to make a save. I've put the posts below.

If he can't see the ball because he is unsighted then of course it excuses him making an attempt to save it, how can he attempt to save something he can't see?
 I'm not defending Myhill I was merely suggesting a reason as to why he didn't move, again in response to an earlier post.

Still cannot work out why he made no effort whatsoever to get the free kick ?

Appalling goalkeeping in so many levels - setting up wall, slow feet, non existent reflexies etc

presumably he was unsighted by the players in front of him and didn't see it until it was too late?

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #379 on: January 10, 2017, 02:01:51 PM »
If he was in anyway unsighted then he should arrange the wall and his position to see the ball standing at the far post and making no attempt to adjust his position is very poor, basic goalkeeping skills.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2017, 10:24:03 AM »
Free kick aside, he did generally look quite lost at times against Derby, which is the first time i've really seen him not looking like he was prepared to be on the field. All I could see was a fluorescent figure running round aimlessly in the box, couple of time he charged out when he didnt need to etc. hopefully it's just a blip and the next time he's called into action his head is back in the game.

The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2017, 10:43:18 AM »
I don't know if it's just me, but when Boaz walks around the penalty box does anybody else think he looks like he's got a severe case of piles?

Well that or anal fissures.

Maybe if he used some Lidocaine  ;D  ;) ..........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
I don't know if it's just me, but when Boaz walks around the penalty box does anybody else think he looks like he's got a severe case of piles?

Ha ha classic Dan, maybe we need to replace him with someone who hasn't got piles.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »

I think he has a bit of a limp as I saw him stumbling around the Bullring in a similar fashion once. Houlty was the same during the latter years of his career.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2017, 09:09:30 PM »
I think he has a bit of a limp as I saw him stumbling around the Bullring in a similar fashion once. Houlty was the same during the latter years of his career.

We know how Hoult hurt his back though  :P

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #385 on: October 17, 2017, 08:00:14 AM »
Deserves a bit of praise for last night , solid performance

'"It's just good to be playing, when you've spent the past year watching football, it was awesome to play."

Seems a nice chap who had a laugh in his interview after the game

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #386 on: October 17, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
Deserves a bit of praise for last night , solid performance

'"It's just good to be playing, when you've spent the past year watching football, it was awesome to play."

Seems a nice chap who had a laugh in his interview after the game

Yep, said it was him that said he didn't want to come off as well, since he'd been waiting for his chance for so long.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #387 on: October 17, 2017, 12:11:01 PM »
Sometimes you have to take these decisions out of the players hands for the good of the team.

I didn't see the game last night so can't comment on how it affected us, just mean it as a general point.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: October 17, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »
Thought he did well last night. Certainly kept us in the game with the Maguire save by the post. Didn't really need to hand himself in for the Vardy challenge though......
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #389 on: October 17, 2017, 12:55:31 PM »
Sometimes you have to take these decisions out of the players hands for the good of the team.

I didn't see the game last night so can't comment on how it affected us, just mean it as a general point.
didn't affect him all that much in terms of goalkeeping, he could still move and jump and all that, he just needed a kicker and forced us to not pass back.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2017, 01:30:04 PM »
Thought he did well last night. Certainly kept us in the game with the Maguire save by the post. Didn't really need to hand himself in for the Vardy challenge though......

If it's the moment I'm thinking of it was cleared out of play for a corner by Krychowiak before it got to Myhill. Nice guy but end of the day the only shot that wasn't straight at him went in.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #391 on: October 17, 2017, 07:07:43 PM »
He really should have come off....he can't be that much better than Palmer that he had to stay on when he couldn't kick or move properly. Experience doesn't make up for being crocked.

Get the impression he plays the village idiot role in the club and seems pretty popular (but that's irrelevant to the match)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #392 on: October 17, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »
He really should have come off....he can't be that much better than Palmer that he had to stay on when he couldn't kick or move properly. Experience doesn't make up for being crocked.

Get the impression he plays the village idiot role in the club and seems pretty popular (but that's irrelevant to the match)

I get that impression too. Thought pulis looked a little awkward too when answering th question about not bringing on the youngster due to lack of experience

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #393 on: October 17, 2017, 11:38:38 PM »

yeah my understanding is if they are on the bench they may be asked to take part should it be required,from last nights point of view we may well have been better having one more outfield player on the bench and a designated emergency GK stand in ALA the days when Bomber would pull on the green jersey in an emergency

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #394 on: October 17, 2017, 11:41:28 PM »
I was also thinking pulis may have thought it was a 'waste' of a sub so to speak, since he usually utilises all 3 during the game

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #395 on: October 18, 2017, 07:22:32 AM »
yeah my understanding is if they are on the bench they may be asked to take part should it be required,from last nights point of view we may well have been better having one more outfield player on the bench and a designated emergency GK stand in ALA the days when Bomber would pull on the green jersey in an emergency
Or Graham Williams on the odd occasion :D

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #396 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
I was also thinking pulis may have thought it was a 'waste' of a sub so to speak, since he usually utilises all 3 during the game
Yes that crossed my mind as well, though we ended up only using 2 this time.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #397 on: October 18, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »
The team protected him. Surely they could have protected a fit Palmer just as well.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #398 on: October 18, 2017, 10:41:48 PM »
Yes that crossed my mind as well, though we ended up only using 2 this time.

Imagine being Palmer and knowing that your manager didn’t have confidence in you going on to replace an injured player. No wonder Pulis never brings the kids through the system

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2017, 08:16:52 AM »
Imagine being Palmer and knowing that your manager didn’t have confidence in you going on to replace an injured player. No wonder Pulis never brings the kids through the system

Had Myhill not insisted on staying on or his injury had become too much for him I'm certain Pulis would have brought Palmer on.
Think we've had more kids being given first team appearances under Pulis than any other recent manager. Pulis has given starts to Field, Leko, Wilson and I think Roberts so whilst he can be blamed for many things not fielding youngsters isn't one of them; he's certainly no worse than any of our other recent managers.