Author Topic: Play offs  (Read 97217 times)

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Play offs
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »
I've done the calculator/predictor thing and got:

3rd Leeds
4th Us
5th Bristol City
6th Villa

Also got Vile on goal difference like a previous poster.

Tomorrow's game will be a very good marker of where we stand - unfortunately I can't seeing it being good.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2019, 01:37:35 PM »
3rd Sheff Utd
4th Villa
5th Us
6th Bristol City

Sheff Utd or Villa to go up.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »
3rd Leeds
4th Us
5th Derby
6th Villa

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2019, 04:53:48 PM »

2nd Sheff Utd
3rd Leeds
4th Albion
5th Villa
6th Bristol

I think it's likely there will be no change come the end of the season from the current positions.

I do think both Villa and Bristol will narrow the gap and that there will be no more than 2-3 points between them and Albion, at most.

I would actually prefer to finish 6th and play Leeds in the semi-final as after missing out on automatic the pressure could get to them and our more experienced players could rise to the occasion. Would hope to avoid Villa, but playing them looks inevitable at the minute.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2019, 08:08:19 PM »
1 Norwich
2 Sheff U
3 Leeds - they are losing too often to get top 2
4 Us
5 Villa
6 Derby

Which means we will play Villa in the semis.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2019, 10:47:59 PM »
The play offs are a lottery, and we haven't even bought a ticket. We'll be the only team to ever enter the play offs with a 0% chance of winning them. 

stubba

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
I honestly don’t want to be in the playoffs we will only embarrass ourselves big time, & I could not face playing the seals!!! #worstnightmare

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »
The way we've played after Christmas against any team doing well would make the play offs extremely unlikely. Certainly Leeds or Villa would absolutely batter us right now, and judging from tonight we couldn't handle Bristol City either. That's if we even make the play offs -'Boro are just off 6 losses in a row and the way we're playing I wouldn't be certain that wouldn't happen here either.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2019, 11:04:30 PM »
I honestly don’t want to be in the playoffs we will only embarrass ourselves big time, & I could not face playing the seals!!! #worstnightmare

I don’t want to be in the playoffs either, just prolongs the season for an additional 3 weeks!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2019, 11:04:55 PM »
Lose to Preston Saturday and our hope of making play offs under serious pressure, majority of these players aren't good enough and can't wait to get rid of these over paid knobs. Please let Dawson be first one out of door followed by Livermore.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2019, 11:38:01 PM »
The play offs are a lottery, and we haven't even bought a ticket. We'll be the only team to ever enter the play offs with a 0% chance of winning them.
Oh come on. I know we haven’t played well recently but it’s still just 2 defeats! Boro have come out of a 6 match streak losing every single game. We have every chance and fans need to believe this. I don’t get this catastrophic mindset given we have still had some good wins in our last couple of months?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2019, 11:42:54 PM »
Lose to Preston Saturday and our hope of making play offs under serious pressure, majority of these players aren't good enough and can't wait to get rid of these over paid knobs. Please let Dawson be first one out of door followed by Livermore.

Not really...with our hugely superior goal difference we need an absolute maximum of 78 points, assuming that Derby win all 6 of their remaining games, 76 if Boro win all of their games and 74 if Wednesday win all of theirs.

If we don’t make the playoffs from here then we really won’t deserve the opportunity.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2019, 11:44:33 PM »
Villa play Bristol City at the weekend. Lose that and the 6th playoff spot really is wide open between Villa, Boro, Derby and Wednesday

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »
Not really...with our hugely superior goal difference we need an absolute maximum of 78 points, assuming that Derby win all 6 of their remaining games, 76 if Boro win all of their games and 74 if Wednesday win all of theirs.

If we don’t make the playoffs from here then we really won’t deserve the opportunity.

78 Points?
That's 2 wins and 2 draws from our last five games?
So we can only afford 1 loss, 2 at the most if we get 3 wins.
Not looking good is it?
I can see us wanting something from the last game of the season at Derby.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2019, 07:28:18 AM »
We’re 9 points above 7th after losing the last two. We might not even need another win to guarantee a play off spot. We will limp into the playoffs and get beat convincingly. Let’s just hope it isn’t villa we play

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2019, 07:33:33 AM »
We’re 9 points above 7th after losing the last two. We might not even need another win to guarantee a play off spot. We will limp into the playoffs and get beat convincingly. Let’s just hope it isn’t villa we play

You know its going to happen....

We will inevitably hear from our friend McSkittle, who will make so many postings he will likely be asked to be a moderator!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:05:42 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

JamesBcfc

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2019, 07:59:16 AM »
You guys will definitely make the playoffs.

Starting to believe we might somehow make it too.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2019, 01:51:08 PM »
Starting to think that our players already believe that they will reach the Play offs and have gone into 'Beach football' mode.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2019, 09:18:28 AM »
Starting to think that our players already believe that they will reach the Play offs and have gone into 'Beach football' mode.

I said exactly the same to a friend. Once the realistic chance of catching the top two had gone, I think something in the players minds had turned off as we looked so comfortable to finish 4th.

It's also the reason I don't think we are rushing Phillips back and possibly Barry too. The club seem to think we are guaranteed a play off spot, and maybe are just saving Matty and Gareth until the last couple of games of the season to get them back up and running for the playoffs.

The danger of course is, on current form and the form of the clubs below, we could end up fighting for a position in the playoffs.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2019, 09:34:17 AM »

Such a pitiful waste if so, had we won the last two we'd only be three points off the autos and our GD would at the very least closer to that of Leeds.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2019, 09:56:36 AM »
Playing the way we are I do think we'll manage to stay in the play off places but it'll be in 6th place.

I'm going for:

3rd Sheff Utd
4th Villa
5th Bristol City
6th WBA

Should we somehow get solid at the back and start creating things then I think it'll be

3rd Sheff Utd
4th WBA
5th Villa
6th Bristol City
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2019, 10:20:44 AM »
Villa all day in the play offs now. Form team.......by far. We'll be embarrassed by them if we play them, bit like us vs Wolves in 2006 (oh happy day).....

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2019, 10:30:14 AM »
It's geared up for us to have Villa. We had a laugh beating them in the league but I think they'll have the last laugh in the play offs.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2019, 10:57:48 AM »
Villa all day in the play offs now. Form team.......by far. We'll be embarrassed by them if we play them, bit like us vs Wolves in 2006 (oh happy day).....

That ended well didn't it?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
Playing the way we are I do think we'll manage to stay in the play off places but it'll be in 6th place.

I'm going for:

3rd Sheff Utd
4th Villa
5th Bristol City
6th WBA

Should we somehow get solid at the back and start creating things then I think it'll be

3rd Sheff Utd
4th WBA
5th Villa
6th Bristol City

If we have enough points for the play offs theirs not a team in them that will not fancy betting us based on our currant form.