Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2372424 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #5450 on: May 07, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »
After goal music and those god awful clapper things - all a bit cringeworthy at the Crisp Stadium I'm afraid. Where was the pitch invasion too? Lower league fans (Boro, Oxford, Bristol Rovers) showing them how to do it properly.
We'd settle for it being a touch cringeworthy in those circumstances wouldn't we.....also they knew there was a lap of honour and trophy presentation that they didn't want to mess up with a pitch invasion...credit where it's due.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5451 on: May 08, 2016, 07:57:18 AM »
Blimey John you still sound very bitter over Leicester winning the League.

I've got no problem with Leicester winning it, it's the way they've won it, I don't like cheats.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5452 on: May 08, 2016, 09:13:43 AM »
I've got no problem with Leicester winning it, it's the way they've won it, I don't like cheats.
you might be hard pushed to find any winners who are whiter than white
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5453 on: May 08, 2016, 10:42:24 PM »
Felt a bit sorry for Pellegrini giving his farewell speech to the few remaining fans that had stuck around after the game. City now relying on Man Utd to decide whether they're in the champions league next season with Pep

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5454 on: May 09, 2016, 03:06:36 PM »
West Ham sold over 50 k season tickets :o second to Man Ure. How much are they selling them for
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5455 on: May 09, 2016, 03:11:18 PM »
West Ham sold over 50 k season tickets :o second to Man Ure. How much are they selling them for

Another club leaving us miles behind. Since when were West Ham EVER a bigger club than us?

Here we are with our piddling 26,000 capacity stadium.

The lack of ambition makes me sick to the stomach.

To answer your question I think it's around £290 season ticket cheapest and £100 for kids.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5456 on: May 09, 2016, 03:19:40 PM »

Another club leaving us miles behind. Since when were West Ham EVER a bigger club than us?

To answer your question I think it's around £290 season ticket cheapest and £100 for kids.

They've been a bigger club than us since they won the world cup.
So when do you think anytime soon that we could be selling 50,000 season tickets.
Do you think they would sell that many playing football the Pulis way?
Oh and don't forget they will more than likely be playing European football next season
Big difference between their pulling power and ours.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5457 on: May 09, 2016, 03:20:04 PM »

When they effectively got a free 55,000 football stadium which was funded by the tax payers and sold their old land/ground in London for lots of money.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5458 on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:07 PM »
i forgot they won the world cup in 66. they will be a force for a long while

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5459 on: May 09, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »
They've been a bigger club than us since they won the world cup.
So when do you think anytime soon that we could be selling 50,000 season tickets.
Do you think they would sell that many playing football the Pulis way?
Oh and don't forget they will more than likely be playing European football next season
Big difference between their pulling power and ours.

No they haven't. Right through to our awful time from 1985 - 86 we were always AT LEAST as big a club as them.

We won't sell 50,000 season tickets because we only have a tiny stadium by Premier League standards and we have no vision and no ambition.

European football - yes Ok I can accept that but when are we ever going to get European football when there is absolutely no desire to drive our club forward?

Pulis - well yes he was needed this season IMO but we need a long term aim and a manager than can drive us forward. Pulis isn't it.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5460 on: May 09, 2016, 04:06:22 PM »
Felt a bit sorry for Pellegrini giving his farewell speech to the few remaining fans that had stuck around after the game. City now relying on Man Utd to decide whether they're in the champions league next season with Pep

He deserved better than that. Seems like there are a lot of plastic fans there!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5461 on: May 09, 2016, 04:17:13 PM »
He deserved better than that. Seems like there are a lot of plastic fans there!

Totally agree, an honourable man and they all went home

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5462 on: May 09, 2016, 04:51:17 PM »
Pellegrini FAILED at Man City, why should the fans stay and clap? With the squad and money at his disposal the very least he should have achieved was back to back PL titles and a Champions League trophy. Not good enough I'm afraid.
the regime don't like it man

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5463 on: May 09, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
Pretty sure Pepe Mel left the Albion with about 4k left in the ground. Those in glass houses...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5464 on: May 09, 2016, 08:58:13 PM »
Pretty sure Pepe Mel left the Albion with about 4k left in the ground. Those in glass houses...

It's a bit different as we didn't know he wasn't going to be there the following season.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5465 on: May 09, 2016, 09:05:43 PM »
It's a bit different as we didn't know he wasn't going to be there the following season.

He was also there for 3 years and won the league and 2 cups with them

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5466 on: May 10, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »

No they haven't. Right through to our awful time from 1985 - 86 we were always AT LEAST as big a club as them.

We won't sell 50,000 season tickets because we only have a tiny stadium by Premier League standards and we have no vision and no ambition.

European football - yes Ok I can accept that but when are we ever going to get European football when there is absolutely no desire to drive our club forward?

Pulis - well yes he was needed this season IMO but we need a long term aim and a manager than can drive us forward. Pulis isn't it.

Sorry, you are wrong,
West ham have a huge fan base in east anglia (as have spurs) and now transport links are much improved they are starting to realise their potential.
Also as stated above the likes of you and I (the taxpayer) have gifted West ham a stadium, ergo they were and are larger than we are.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5467 on: May 10, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »
Sorry, you are wrong,
West ham have a huge fan base in east anglia (as have spurs) and now transport links are much improved they are starting to realise their potential.
Also as stated above the likes of you and I (the taxpayer) have gifted West ham a stadium, ergo they were and are larger than we are.

No I'm not
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011776/Are-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-biggest-club-Sportsmail-s-study-finally-settles-football-s-great-debate.html

Huge fan base? We have something like 5 million people live within an hour of the ground.

What chance do we have when even our own fans lack ambition and don't realise what a big club this was and could be again?

They are bigger than us now for sure so are Leicester, Southampton and probably Stoke. They are all leaving us behind while we sit there with our small time mentality.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5468 on: May 10, 2016, 02:46:03 PM »

No I'm not
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3011776/Are-Manchester-United-Liverpool-Arsenal-Chelsea-biggest-club-Sportsmail-s-study-finally-settles-football-s-great-debate.html

Huge fan base? We have something like 5 million people live within an hour of the ground.

What chance do we have when even our own fans lack ambition and don't realise what a big club this was and could be again?

They are bigger than us now for sure so are Leicester, Southampton and probably Stoke. They are all leaving us behind while we sit there with our small time mentality.

west Ham fanbase 10th, west brom 20th.
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5469 on: May 10, 2016, 02:52:27 PM »
west Ham fanbase 10th, west brom 20th.

That's not the only thing that dictates a clubs status and those sort of stats can be manipulated. Our biggest ever attendance is 64,000 there's is 42,000 against Spurs in 1970. Of course they will go on to smash that now.

We once got several 50,000 and 40,000 plus gates. In the current footballing climate there is no reason at all we shouldn't be looking to attract AT LEAST 35,000 Albion fans. Or has the number of people available to us decreased in the last 50 years? Can't have.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5470 on: May 10, 2016, 03:03:27 PM »

That's not the only thing that dictates a clubs status and those sort of stats can be manipulated. Our biggest ever attendance is 64,000 there's is 42,000 against Spurs in 1970. Of course they will go on to smash that now.

We once got several 50,000 and 40,000 plus gates. In the current footballing climate there is no reason at all we shouldn't be looking to attract AT LEAST 35,000 Albion fans. Or has the number of people available to us decreased in the last 50 years? Can't have.

the question was
Since when were West Ham EVER a bigger club than us?

I would suggest the demographic of 1950's west brom and todays is vastly different TBH.
What % of Sandwell is Asian / eastern european, what % of these communities attends footy?
What % of 50's west brom were factory workers who lived in west brom , worked in west brom, died in west brom and supported west brom/

Birmid, salters, Avery's the Dart, K&J's, tube products, Patent Shaft......  ad infiniteum, its a vastly different place and people now.
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5471 on: May 10, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »
the question was
Since when were West Ham EVER a bigger club than us?

I would suggest the demographic of 1950's west brom and todays is vastly different TBH.
What % of Sandwell is Asian / eastern european, what % of these communities attends footy?
What % of 50's west brom were factory workers who lived in west brom , worked in west brom, died in west brom and supported west brom/

Birmid, salters, Avery's the Dart, K&J's, tube products, Patent Shaft......  ad infiniteum, its a vastly different place and people now.

What percentage of The East End is Asian? A lot higher than that of Sandwell.

Not that it makes a difference we should be attracting the potential Asian fan base. We cannot do it with a 26,000 stadium we don't have the room.

There are 316,000 people in Sandwell alone that isn't including Birmingham, Walsall etc. You can't tell me we can't attract 35,000 out of that lot? With away support that gives potential 40,000 gates. OK it's not going to match us with West Ham or Newcastle but it'd bring us virtually in line with the likes of Sunderland and it progresses us as a club, improves our image and improves our attractiveness. It's all progress.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5472 on: May 10, 2016, 03:14:32 PM »

What percentage of The East End is Asian? A lot higher than that of Sandwell.

Not that it makes a difference we should be attracting the potential Asian fan base. We cannot do it with a 26,000 stadium we don't have the room.

There are 316,000 people in Sandwell alone that isn't including Birmingham, Walsall etc. You can't tell me we can't attract 35,000 out of that lot? With away support that gives potential 40,000 gates. OK it's not going to match us with West Ham or Newcastle but it'd bring us virtually in line with the likes of Sunderland and it progresses us as a club, improves our image and improves our attractiveness. It's all progress.

But london overspill, mainly from the east end moved out to East Anglia, (Colchester, Chelmsford haverhill, thetford, etc ........ which is a footballing desert.

West Brom's overspill went to Telford, Tamworth, redditch...  i would think that telford was and still is mainly dingle, Redditch= bluenose/ vile split, while tamworth is largely vile.

A large part of our fanbase has been diluted over the last 30 years IMO.
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5473 on: May 10, 2016, 03:20:26 PM »
But london overspill, mainly from the east end moved out to East Anglia, (Colchester, Chelmsford haverhill, thetford, etc ........ which is a footballing desert.

West Brom's overspill went to Telford, Tamworth, redditch...  i would think that telford was and still is mainly dingle, Redditch= bluenose/ vile split, while tamworth is largely vile.

A large part of our fanbase has been diluted over the last 30 years IMO.

I don't agree with that all. If we moved to a plush new stadium now with an attractive manager and a few marquee signings we would increase our attendance like practically every club that has done so has.: Derby, Boro, Sunderland, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs (imminent), Liverpool (imminent). The list goes on. Or are we the only club that has a "diluted fanbase"? Of course we haven't, we just have NO AMBITION and people simply don't have a desire to start supporting the Albion. What's in it for them?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5474 on: May 10, 2016, 03:23:04 PM »
I agree that we are unfashionable and the style of football re-inforces that issue.

beyond that I think we'll have to agree to disagree. COYB & SOTV
Albion Family !!!