Author Topic: Fans at Home  (Read 7801 times)

232kev

• WBA Newbie

Re: Fans at Home
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
I sit in the Brummie with my son near the back and every week after 80 minutes the same people get up and go home what ever the score what's the point drives me crazy

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 08:11:57 PM »
I sit in the Brummie with my son near the back and every week after 80 minutes the same people get up and go home what ever the score what's the point drives me crazy
they could live hundred miles away, that 10 minutes may save them an hour not stuck i traffic. there's probably all sorts of reasons why some leave early.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 10:01:52 PM »
Went to a game a few weeks back and sat in the Halfords. A family of 4 came in after 10 mins, went out for HT refreshments on 40 mins, returned almost 10 mins late, and left on 85 mins. And they were in the middle of the row. I think they were ST holders. If so, why get seats in the middle if you're going to do that every game?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 09:13:06 AM »
what does it matter how someone else chooses to watch the game?

It's the same with the "you can't sit down at an away game" brigade, some people can't stand for 90 minutes due to age or disability.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2019, 12:18:03 PM »
It doesn't matter, only when it inconveniences others. As you say Hull, if people need to sit down or whatever then that's fine. It's just inconvenient for those who need to sit down when those in front want to stand.

If people leave early etc then that's their choice.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »

Good point mate and i know what you are saying, but i go to away games regular and games on the tv and both experiences there are many grounds that are much much more vocal than the Hawthorns. I think somebody mentioned earlier that we dont really make it uncomfortable for the opposition and i agree with that. its a shame and numerous things have affected the atmosphere.

I agree completely that other grounds have much more atmosphere than the hawthorns. Always have and always will. I don't think that that's anything new to be honest.

I've always found our fanbase to be relatively quiet and certainly well behaved compared to other clubs.

On one hand I would like us to create a "cauldron" at the hawthorns but if that also meant bricking the away team coach and conducting running battles outside and inside of the ground then count me out.

Is there a halfway house? Probably. But I believe the only solution would be to try and recreate the terrace mentality with singing sections etc

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 09:22:29 AM »
Anyone who was at Elland road last night or surely heard  on the tele....that’s how loud a home crowd can be and the difference it can make. Yes they got an early goal but even at 1-0 they got right behind the team.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 08:50:16 AM »
Anyone who was at Elland road last night or surely heard  on the tele....that’s how loud a home crowd can be and the difference it can make. Yes they got an early goal but even at 1-0 they got right behind the team.

It's not just that they sing it's also what they sing. From our games against them it sounds to me like Leeds fans sing about Leeds (home and way), Sheff Utd fans sing about Sheff Utd home and away.

We tend to sing a little bit about us but mostly about how **** our local rivals are, to me that's not getting behind the team. How is singing about ******* on the Villa or about throwing cabbages supporting West Bromwich Albion? We've got plenty of songs to sing about us, lets try doing that for a change.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 09:56:04 AM »
It's not just that they sing it's also what they sing. From our games against them it sounds to me like Leeds fans sing about Leeds (home and way), Sheff Utd fans sing about Sheff Utd home and away.

We tend to sing a little bit about us but mostly about how **** our local rivals are, to me that's not getting behind the team. How is singing about ******* on the Villa or about throwing cabbages supporting West Bromwich Albion? We've got plenty of songs to sing about us, lets try doing that for a change.

This is something I've noticed but never thought to articulate, but now you mention it I totally agree.

Aside from singing about local teams we hate, the one about "going down the Brummie Road, to get some peace and quiet" may be true but seriously does my head in. That song used to be about the Albion Aces, why change it to mock our own support?

We used to sing about players and the club. Off the top of my head, we used to sing a couple about Andy Hunt, Super Bob, Pesch and even Ian Hamilton! Then there was "Captain Mardon".

We should totally have a 90s throw back sing song.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:22 AM »

This. absolutely this!

Cabbages can f*** off and most of all that stupid, ridiculous, cringeworthy "all go down" song can f*** right off as well, i'm sick of hearing it just because the masses find that the tune is a bit catchy - We don't want to go down! We want to go up! and I couldn't give a s*** about the Villa when they are not in the ground.

Even the liquidator... why are we singing about the wanderers when they are not in the ground? If the opposition of the day's name or nickname fits into the song then use that, Wolves couldn't give a t*** about us right now and nor should we about them unless they are in the ground. It really does trigger me.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty