Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2260848 times)

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8000 on: May 28, 2019, 06:45:16 AM »
Hourihane and McGinn lack quality.  They will be below standard in the Premier League. No wins in 13 for that clueless team over the winter with no Grealish.  Hourihane struggles to get in a very poor Ireland team.  As for McGinn he was chasing shadows in Kazakhstan when they hammered Scotland 4-0.

Smith is not that good a Manager either.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8001 on: May 28, 2019, 08:30:16 AM »
Hourihane and McGinn lack quality.  They will be below standard in the Premier League. No wins in 13 for that clueless team over the winter with no Grealish.  Hourihane struggles to get in a very poor Ireland team.  As for McGinn he was chasing shadows in Kazakhstan when they hammered Scotland 4-0.

Smith is not that good a Manager either.

The team theve got now will struggle but theve got the money behind them mate. All they needed was the promotion to show their wealth. They will add quality.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8002 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:22 AM »
The team theve got now will struggle but theve got the money behind them mate. All they needed was the promotion to show their wealth. They will add quality.

I'm afraid you're right, of the three promoted teams, I believe AV are the only ones with the financial clout to survive.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8003 on: May 28, 2019, 10:18:50 AM »
What's the big deal here?
Villa got promoted,so what?
Such are the fine lines of success that they beat us by 1 goal and beat Derby by 1 goal.
I'm glad they are out of our way,I for one don't care a toss about them.
I'm not keen on their manager either seems a big mouth big head he'll suit the big league,but is he good enough that's the big question.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8004 on: May 28, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
What's the big deal here?
Villa got promoted,so what?
Such are the fine lines of success that they beat us by 1 goal and beat Derby by 1 goal.
I'm glad they are out of our way,I for one don't care a toss about them.
I'm not keen on their manager either seems a big mouth big head he'll suit the big league,but is he good enough that's the big question.

Well they didn't beat us in normal time over 210 minutes. Playing against 10 men for 50 minutes of the tie. Anyway; am willing to let them move off with one final gripe that I need to let go of. From the three play-off matches; they do seem to have a tendency to win frees by kicking the ball ahead and then just running/jumping straight into the defender in front of them. Did feel that Leeds were a better match for them than Derby (when opposite may have been the case for us).

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8005 on: May 28, 2019, 11:58:31 AM »
Apparently, due to Villa's promotion then a clause in Ross McCormacks contract means they will have to pay him £70k per week! Not played a game in 2 years mind

https://twitter.com/AdamCatterall/status/1133296362395721728

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8006 on: May 28, 2019, 12:03:04 PM »
Overall, I don't see much in Villa's team to suggest they can take the premier league by storm. In fact, unless they add some spine and goals, they could seriously struggle? Abraham would be a bit part player in most premier league teams (although he was a loan), Mings was a loan and could be a good centre-half i na couple of years although at premier league level might have a lot to learn and Grealish is the one player who could play for most premier teams outside the top 4.

Otherwise as per against us and throughout the season, they were a bit lucky to get up overall although that's what you need in the play offs..........

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8007 on: May 28, 2019, 12:38:17 PM »
I've been out most of the morning and got back at about 11:00 AM. As I was going in the house, a neighbour from over the road shouted to me. He is a vile supporter and a really nice man. I do like him as a person and we've had chats throughout the season when we've seen each other and he has been very humble in his assessment ot the vile.

Howsever, this morning, I couldn't believe I was talking to the same person, now the line is,

1. we had the best squad in the Championship
2. we should have won the division
3. we have very rich owners and the £170m for being promoted
4. we will be challenging for Europe
5. we have a squad equal to most teams in the PL, barring Citeh and the pool, but our owners will spend big like them
6. we have a great manager in Smith who will ensure we storm the PL
7.the squad has more PL quality players than not

At that point I switched off and thought to myself, you know AlbionFan (not my real name) they are all the same, a mixture of ego, arrogance and delusional fantasist. The saving grace was another neighbour, who is Bluenose came out and said, you'll be straight back down with that side and your manager, words I was too polite to voice but was thinking.

But hey-ho I can but live in hope they get battered every week. Unfortunately, I wont have the pleasure of the humbleness next season as he is moving house in a few weeks. I did ask him to name the vile team that won the European Cup and he couldn't and he actually was at the game. So, I named the team for him, but I couldn't tell what his overinging thoughts were between being impressed with me or embarrassed with himself
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8008 on: May 28, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Usually listen to the WM phone in, I think I'll give it a miss tonight it will just be a jiz fest of the aston mob
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8009 on: May 28, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »
I've been out most of the morning and got back at about 11:00 AM. As I was going in the house, a neighbour from over the road shouted to me. He is a vile supporter and a really nice man. I do like him as a person and we've had chats throughout the season when we've seen each other and he has been very humble in his assessment ot the vile.

Howsever, this morning, I couldn't believe I was talking to the same person, now the line is,

5. we have a squad equal to most teams in the PL, barring Citeh and the pool, but our owners will spend big like them

At that point I switched off and thought to myself, you know AlbionFan (not my real name) they are all the same, a mixture of ego, arrogance and delusional fantasist. The saving grace was another neighbour, who is Bluenose came out and said, you'll be straight back down with that side and your manager, words I was too polite to voice but was thinking.

But hey-ho I can but live in hope they get battered every week. Unfortunately, I wont have the pleasure of the humbleness next season as he is moving house in a few weeks. I did ask him to name the vile team that won the European Cup and he couldn't and he actually was at the game. So, I named the team for him, but I couldn't tell what his overinging thoughts were between being impressed with me or embarrassed with himself

Is this possible?

I really question your judgement sometimes......:)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:41:03 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8010 on: May 28, 2019, 01:38:28 PM »

AlbionFan  I also had a few words with a vile fan yesterday in the pub, he was giving it the big un, done me head in so had to tell him what I thought of the vile scum from Witton.

Got home and a neighbour who is a vile fan was shouting out his bedroom window, "that showed you Albion fans" and another load of comments which I just turned a deaf un to.

I hope the villa become the cannon fodder of the Premier League and then lets hear the vile scum from Witton then.

SOTV
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8011 on: May 28, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
i dont think the villa will be leaving the Premier league along with the wolves anytime soon with their wealthy owners
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8012 on: May 28, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
i dont think the villa will be leaving the Premier league along with the wolves anytime soon with their wealthy owners

If they last longer than 8 seasons in the premier league then you will be right. But I would say even you dont think the vile will do that. On the pop again mate.  ;)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8013 on: May 28, 2019, 02:32:06 PM »
Is this possible?

I really question your judgement sometimes......:)

Yes, your right, I've never been good a choosing my neighbours :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8014 on: May 28, 2019, 03:04:56 PM »
.........1. As I was going in the house, a neighbour from over the road shouted to me. He is a vile supporter and a really nice man. I do like him as a person and we've had chats throughout the season when we've seen each other and he has been very humble in his assessment ot the vile. However, this morning, I couldn't believe I was talking to the same person, now the line is

2. I did ask him to name the vile team that won the European Cup and he couldn't and he actually was at the game. So, I named the team for him, but I couldn't tell what his overinging thoughts were between being impressed with me or embarrassed with himself

1. He was merely reverting to type.

2. Amazed he didn't trot out the old line regarding obsession which they use when they have no come back.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #8015 on: May 28, 2019, 03:14:21 PM »
1. He was merely reverting to type.

2. Amazed he didn't trot out the old line regarding obsession which they use when they have no come back.

I get that one from a vile fan I know on facebook regularly, calls me Mr Obsessed, as i say to him each time not obsessed, massively amused  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8016 on: May 28, 2019, 05:10:48 PM »
I get that one from a vile fan I know on facebook regularly, calls me Mr Obsessed, as i say to him each time not obsessed, massively amused  :D

I've had to do 'snooze for 30 days' on a few of them, never heard a peep out of them earlier this year (well except for "we're building for next year" & "not sure Smith is big enough for us") now there's f'king shirts everywhere  >:( went into Lloyds bank in Erdington today & even one of the cashiers had one on, I asked her if it was red nose day & she was wearing it for a laugh, she wor impressed  ;D   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8017 on: May 28, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »
Theres been some stuff going round today with some of the quotes from their deluded fanbase already after getting promoted yesterday.

Ones i can remember are:

"Can see us being a top four club next season"

"Mings is on the sam level as Van Dijk"

Deluded.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8018 on: May 28, 2019, 05:31:53 PM »
I am going to a quiz tonight and I know there will be a team of 4 vile scum, I have already had a word with the quiz master and when they put their name on the sheets he will change to THE DELUDED VILLA FANS  ;) :D ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8019 on: May 28, 2019, 05:45:58 PM »
I am going to a quiz tonight and I know there will be a team of 4 vile scum, I have already had a word with the quiz master and when they put their name on the sheets he will change to THE DELUDED VILLA FANS  ;) :D ;D

Kev, ask him to ask the question, name the vile side that won the European Cup, the answer is above. Be fun to see how they get on with that  ;D :D ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8020 on: May 28, 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
Just another thought Aston Vile DF  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8021 on: May 28, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
I think they're the same as most groups of fans, a mixture of realists and those who think they have to big up their club whenever they meet an opposition supporter. There are loads where I live and I've  had some good conversations today. Most are elated but fairly realistic about next year, some sympathise about our position but see us getting it sorted and expect us to be in the mix next season. Overall the ones I bump into are ordinary fans like those of most clubs.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8022 on: May 28, 2019, 09:28:36 PM »
Apparently, due to Villa's promotion then a clause in Ross McCormacks contract means they will have to pay him £70k per week! Not played a game in 2 years mind

https://twitter.com/AdamCatterall/status/1133296362395721728

Funnily I was thinking about this yesterday but wasn't certain if this was his last year or if he had another one left.

RdM did his best for us when signing him for them.

If £75k a week is true, Dr x is an Albion legend for signing "I cannot come to training because my gate is broken", hopefully Fulham are also owed some money based on promotion too.

I know Lerner is now owed between £30-40m because he had a clause in his contract that he get this if they were promoted.

They need at least 7/8 players and this time they can't borrow them all.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8023 on: May 28, 2019, 09:36:35 PM »
I'm afraid you're right, of the three promoted teams, I believe AV are the only ones with the financial clout to survive.

That is what Fulham thought.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8024 on: May 28, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »
I was down in London this weekend - my Girlfriend is from there and we were visiting her family. (I just extended the visit until today more in hope than expectation).

I happened to pass through Covent Garden around lunchtimen Monday, and it was like a warzone. Broken glass, cans everywhere, beer, urine, blood. Mostly Vile fans of course.

My language was even worse later in the day.