Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267192 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #900 on: February 24, 2020, 08:03:39 AM »
End of from me now until next big fight thank you for the conversations guys its all about opinions.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #901 on: February 24, 2020, 10:13:04 AM »
Ultimately AJ v Fury is what everyone wants to see, all-British fight, unifies the division

It HAS to happen. I dont think it will be Fury’s camp putting the stoppers on it though
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 10:58:09 AM by tommcneill »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #902 on: February 24, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
...... Does anyone remember the fella from Manchester that beat Cowdel towards the end of his career naz someone  not long after he died in a car crash.........

Najib Daho. Mate of mine who I met in the army was an amateur boxer and knew him. Mad as a box of frogs apparently was Najib. RIP fella.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #903 on: February 24, 2020, 01:37:33 PM »
On Facebook for the last few days the Wilder fanboys have been coming up with some great excuses. Mostly dirty fighter but the best one comes from his trainer Mark Breland stating the outfit he wore into the ring was too heavy and affected his balance :D

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #904 on: February 24, 2020, 01:38:28 PM »
Najib Daho. Mate of mine who I met in the army was an amateur boxer and knew him. Mad as a box of frogs apparently was Najib. RIP fella.

Good fighter mate RIP.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #905 on: February 24, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
Cheers yea that's him

wbastrollers

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #906 on: February 24, 2020, 02:58:20 PM »
A.J. v Wilder would  be an interesting fight - Just might happen- winner fights Tyson?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #907 on: February 24, 2020, 08:39:48 PM »
I think Joshua v Fury would be a lot closer on the cards than Wilder Fury, despite me making Wilder favourite in any match up against Joshua.

Wilder is the best knockout merchant in the division and that's what gives him a chance, but i can name a fair few fighters off the top of my head who have arguably been ahead of Wilder on the judges cards at the point of it being stopped, and a few of those have been very ordinary heavyweights (Fury, Ortiz, Szpilka, Washington) - there are probably more but I haven't seen all of Wilder's fights. Compare that to Joshua, there are probably only 1 or 2 occasions where you can say that (Klitschko maybe, Povetkin, Ruiz) and even then it's been close run and vs top level opponents.

The problem with Joshua Fury however is that while he is one of the best technical boxers in the heavyweight division, Joshua is still not quite in Fury's class in that respect and he seems to have lost the devastating KO power he had vs the gate keeper types once he stepped up to the top level. 

I'd love to see Fury v Joshua to see what Joshua could do, but unless Fury got a bit lax as he has vs some opponents in the past, i'd struggle to see Joshua doing enough to either KO him or to win on points.
Boing Boing

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #908 on: February 24, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »
I think Joshua v Fury would be a lot closer on the cards than Wilder Fury, despite me making Wilder favourite in any match up against Joshua.

Wilder is the best knockout merchant in the division and that's what gives him a chance, but i can name a fair few fighters off the top of my head who have arguably been ahead of Wilder on the judges cards at the point of it being stopped, and a few of those have been very ordinary heavyweights (Fury, Ortiz, Szpilka, Washington) - there are probably more but I haven't seen all of Wilder's fights. Compare that to Joshua, there are probably only 1 or 2 occasions where you can say that (Klitschko maybe, Povetkin, Ruiz) and even then it's been close run and vs top level opponents.

The problem with Joshua Fury however is that while he is one of the best technical boxers in the heavyweight division, Joshua is still not quite in Fury's class in that respect and he seems to have lost the devastating KO power he had vs the gate keeper types once he stepped up to the top level. 

I'd love to see Fury v Joshua to see what Joshua could do, but unless Fury got a bit lax as he has vs some opponents in the past, i'd struggle to see Joshua doing enough to either KO him or to win on points.
Shouldn't forget that Joshua did finish off Klitschko, Whyte and Povetkin impressively enough. The ones he didn't finish were the durable Ruiz-Jr and Parker which were fights he chose to keep at distance.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #909 on: February 24, 2020, 11:46:03 PM »
Shouldn't forget that Joshua did finish off Klitschko, Whyte and Povetkin impressively enough. The ones he didn't finish were the durable Ruiz-Jr and Parker which were fights he chose to keep at distance.

He did, although you could say that for Wilder as well.

Joshua does have power, but in his last 5 fights he has failed to KO his opponent in 3 of them and in one other it took him until the 10th round.

He could beat Fury on his day but Fury seems to raise his game against his toughest opponents.

Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #910 on: February 25, 2020, 01:11:45 AM »
On Facebook for the last few days the Wilder fanboys have been coming up with some great excuses. Mostly dirty fighter but the best one comes from his trainer Mark Breland stating the outfit he wore into the ring was too heavy and affected his balance :D

I read that as well. He started his excuses before he left the ring with ‘a lot of things going on’, but the heavy suit is the best. They just cannot accept that Wilder was out thought and out boxed by his opponent.
MAGA!

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #911 on: February 26, 2020, 11:00:13 PM »
I read that as well. He started his excuses before he left the ring with ‘a lot of things going on’, but the heavy suit is the best. They just cannot accept that Wilder was out thought and out boxed by his opponent.

If I was a boxing trainer, I’d probably try to convince my trainee that it wasn’t their fault they lost as well. If Wilder looks too deeply at it, he would come to the conclusion that Fury is the better boxer, who has realistically beaten him twice in two fights. Once you do that, you will struggle to come back.

Bit gutted they are going to do it for a third time though. The heavyweight division is in a good place but the log jam of fights is starting to get messy now. Dillian Whyte has been mandatory for 2 years without getting a shot. That isn’t sustainable.
Boing Boing

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #912 on: February 26, 2020, 11:03:10 PM »
Wilder only going for the money,he can't win.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #913 on: February 26, 2020, 11:13:38 PM »
Wilder only going for the money,he can't win.

With his KO ability, he could beat anyone with a bit of luck. Fury could get complacent or unmotivated after 2 great performances. When Fury beat Klitschko he then had nearly 3 years off after “having no motivation” and mental health issues and then after the first Wilder fight he followed it up with 2 disappointing performances vs relative unknowns. 

Wilder Fury 3 is a fight I don’t want to see happen, but that isn’t because it would be a predictable Fury victory.
Boing Boing

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #914 on: February 26, 2020, 11:37:13 PM »
Fair points mate,but I think Fury will want to just get Wilder out of the way because he really wants AJ unification fight, would that be a great match say at Wembley and live on terrestrial TV?
Oh well,I go back to sleep now.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #915 on: March 02, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
Anthony Joshua to fight Kubrat Pulev in mandatory IBF defence on June 20th at the Spurs stadium....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/51705419

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #916 on: June 10, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »
Fury and AJ announced for next year. Two fight deal. Fury will smash the speech reader.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #917 on: June 10, 2020, 06:00:39 PM »
Scenes when Joshua wins 👀
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #918 on: June 10, 2020, 06:43:40 PM »
Scenes when Joshua wins 👀

No chance. It will be a riot in the crowds anyway after Joshuas comments at the weekend. It’s already going off black v white on Twitter.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #919 on: June 10, 2020, 07:13:19 PM »
Fury all the way.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: June 10, 2020, 07:23:52 PM »
It will be interesting to see if AJ takes a cut of money from the white ppv subscribers along with the companies with white CEO’s or majority shareholders  ::)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #921 on: June 10, 2020, 07:52:38 PM »
It will be interesting to see if AJ takes a cut of money from the white ppv subscribers along with the companies with white CEO’s or majority shareholders  ::)

He’s got no issues with white people when they fund his lifestyle.

He’s effectively a racist.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #922 on: June 10, 2020, 08:05:09 PM »
He’s got no issues with white people when they fund his lifestyle.

He’s effectively a racist.

Impossible Liam, only white people can be racist  ;)

I do hope things calms down though between now and the fight or there will be some unsavoury scenes between the two sets of fans. I imagine many who were floating fans/neutrals will have put their support with Fury now.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #923 on: June 10, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
To be fair, im not inclined to believe Joshua is a racist and I don’t think meant white people, I think he meant racists.  I could be wrong, but he could do worse than give some clarity of his position from a PR perspective!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
To be fair, im not inclined to believe Joshua is a racist and I don’t think meant white people, I think he meant racists.  I could be wrong, but he could do worse than give some clarity of his position from a PR perspective!

I think that’s why this fight has been announced today tbh. Quickly brush the bad PR under the carpet.