West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Football & Sports / Re: Saido Berahino
« Last post by Dan87uk on Today at 01:37:22 PM »
Stoke City star Saido Berahino ‘had three babies by three women… in just six weeks’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7324428/saido-berahino-three-babies-stoke/

And yet he still can't convert his penalties in to what would be the biggest open gaping target he could aim for.  ;D
General Football & Sports / Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Last post by kie the baggie on Today at 01:25:47 PM »

Dean Smith. Schooled by Frank Lampard yesterday. Another Marco Silva his reputation massively precedes him but that is all it is reputation. No substance.
All managers get schooled now and again, look at the difference in playing budgets. If he goes to a team with the leagues biggest, he will thrive
General Football & Sports / Re: Boxing Thread
« Last post by kie the baggie on Today at 01:23:07 PM »
On Joshua's early round performance wilder will knock him out with ease
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Kieran Gibbs
« Last post by FallOutBoy on Today at 12:56:13 PM »
He's far too good for this division, and it shows. Just his touch and technique is miles better. Hopefully we get promotion, and he takes the confidence built up this season into the Premier League next season.
Last Match Forum - 22/09 Millwall (H) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by KN22 on Today at 12:51:16 PM »
I don't think it was poor.   I actually thought it was a good team performance, even if no individuals shone as in previous games.  Myself and the lad normally name our man of the matches on the way home and we both struggled........Gibbs was good and you always get extra points for the goal but after that this was a solid team performance of 6.5/7 of our ten. Work rate was outstanding at times and we do actually look a threat again at corners, so to score from one was no fluke.  Came out of the ground very happy with what was a very different but still impressive performance and result.

I agree with that 100%... it was not poor for me, just different. The bottom line is we are all happy with the result. Things are going well at the moment. I will now be interested to see how we face up to the next away game. At this level I would like to see us adopt the same game plan, regardless of where we are playing. That is exactly what Wolves did in this division last year and look how things worked out for them!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ollie Burke and Sam Field
« Last post by mulliganstired on Today at 12:38:18 PM »
I think Field is next in line, one injury/suspension, and he'll be in, it's a long season and we are doing OK, so he just has to wait.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Ollie Burke and Sam Field
« Last post by johnny Cash on Today at 12:36:56 PM »
My issue with it is how short sighted it seems. Mears, Barry and Hoolahan are at best an option this season. You also don't learn a great deal playing any of them, and they certainly won't develop much.

However with Burke and Field there is potential to consider and a sale value to the club. Both players have every right to be getting frustrated and their value is plummeting as weeks go by.

Both should be given the chance from the bench in games where we are comfortable at the very least. After 3-4 chances you might then have to accept they arent good enough but to not give them a chance is strange. 
Last Match Forum - 22/09 Millwall (H) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by Oldbury24 on Today at 12:09:36 PM »
Just disagree that it was a poor performance

I don't think it was poor.   I actually thought it was a good team performance, even if no individuals shone as in previous games.  Myself and the lad normally name our man of the matches on the way home and we both struggled........Gibbs was good and you always get extra points for the goal but after that this was a solid team performance of 6.5/7 of our ten. Work rate was outstanding at times and we do actually look a threat again at corners, so to score from one was no fluke.  Came out of the ground very happy with what was a very different but still impressive performance and result.
General Football & Sports / Re: Boxing Thread
« Last post by Atomic on Today at 11:24:41 AM »
Tyson Fury at peak beats Joshua and Wilder. The trouble is we don't know how close to his best Fury is and we won't really know until he is in the ring with one of them.

Inactivity can be a killer especially in Fury's case as he bungs on weight, doesn't train, doesn't look after himself etc. 
7876 sold so far in home areas. No idea on Palace sales.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10