Rashford for Sterling

Loftus Cheek for Alli

Rose for Young

Possibly Cahill for Maguire but I like Maguire he is a presence at set pieces

Make those changes and I think we will go quite far

Agree with all of that.
Young is too predictable, he will always come inside or back
Rashford and Loftus -Cheek both looked more effective
Maguire is a good stopper and good on set pieces, but I don't think he's good enough with the ball at his feet trying to play out from the back as Southgate wants to do
He'd be an ideal Pulis pplayer though
General Football & Sports / Re: Anything England Football
« Last post by tommcneill on Today at 12:27:15 PM »
Rashford for Sterling

Loftus Cheek for Alli

Rose for Young

Possibly Cahill for Maguire but I like Maguire he is a presence at set pieces

Make those changes and I think we will go quite far
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Last post by Mr Cynical on Today at 10:09:59 AM »
but the prat that was involved in signing him is still here

11 days until he joins the Premier League.  Obviously, we haven't replaced him either.
« Last post by tuamigos on Today at 09:35:34 AM »
Loftus Cheek and Rashford could be the making of this side IMO.
I had hoped we could have had LC on loan a few seasons back but he's destined  for big big things
General Football & Sports / Re: World Cup 2018
« Last post by tuamigos on Today at 09:32:16 AM »
Thought we looked pretty good in the first 20 minutes, we had enough chances to have scored 5 or 6.
Referee gave them a daft penalty then went on to deny us a hat full at every corner we had.
Not saying we're going to win the cup but we have a good chance to progress further than last time.
Lets hope we take it. 
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Season Tickets 18/19
« Last post by tuamigos on Today at 08:54:34 AM »
It's 15,000 so far, 1000 up on last year at the same stage.
https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/june/season-ticket-sales-up-on-last-year/

Glad to see it.
Nice to see some of our fans are not seduced by the 'Glory' of the Premier League
« Last post by DaveWBA on Today at 08:42:34 AM »
The Mexicans looked strong and Germany get better the deeper they go into competitions. If Mexico can beat Sweden and South Korea, then finishing second in our group could potentially be a real bonus. We'd go into the R16 with Colombia/Poland for a game against Mexico/Serbia/Switzerland. Germany on the other hand would have a game against Brazil (probably) with the winner likely to face the winner of England's group (hopefully Belgium).

We have the advantage going into Sunday as Belgium will have already played, so we will know exactly what we need to do going into the Belgium game next Thursday.

Was quite impressed with the performance last night, we won it late but had it of been Germany or Brazil winning a game like that we wouldn't have shut up about how the best teams find a way to win. First tournament in ages where we look as though we have a genuine goalscorer too, which makes all the difference.
« Last post by seteefeet on Today at 08:42:14 AM »
Really pleased with the win and performance, could have been 4 up before that ridiculous penalty. That took the wind out of our sails and our heads dropped a bit, something which should be expected from such a young squad, but they need to learn to cope with adversity. Hopefully, the late goal will show them that one knock does not finish them off, they need to dust themselves off and keep playing!.
Southgate needs to work on keeping their confidence levels up. If he does and we see the tempo of the 1st 40 mins, we can cause anyone problems.
Don't expect changes to the starting line up, barring injuries, due to the fact that we started so well.
« Last post by BB74 on Today at 08:26:38 AM »
And on a side note... England won.

And what a whirlwind of emotions it was for some. I love people listening and during the game first half i heard ‘we’re battering them, we’ll win the WC’ to second half ‘we’re crap we always blitz the qualifying and don’t turn up’. To finally after the last minute goal goes in ‘we’ve got it in the bag this year’.

;D
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Season Tickets 18/19
« Last post by Mooncat on Today at 08:25:41 AM »
Also think there is some sort of ruling that a certain % of your capacity has to be made available as 'non-season ticket' sales, thereby capping the number below the stadium capacity minus the away 'area' capacity
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10