Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 136366 times)

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Boaz Myhill
« on: July 28, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »
http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=248691

Boaz Myhill has admitted that constant goalkeeper links are frustrating for him, but there's obviously nothing he can do about it.

As links to Ben Foster gather pace, as well as continuing reported interest in Robert Green and Thomasz Kuszczak to name just two, Myhill told Sky Sports.

'It's frustrating to see the club continually linked with moves for a new goalkeepers, but there is nothing I can do about speculation. I will just get my head down and work hard to impress Roy Hodgson.'

As well as the growing links suggesting Foster is on the verge of a move to us, it's also being suggested that as part of that deal, Blues will in turn want Myhill to go in the other direction

Read more: http://www.wba.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=248691#ixzz1TPnxNLOd

its got to be hard for a keeper to see we are close to bringing another keeper in to replace him, i wonder if he will go the other way in order to get football?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:43:20 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
Why not let Myhill go to Blues on loan as part of the deals being mooted, with a right of recall for the Baggies.

Advantages:

We would still effectively have Myhill as back up in the event of Foster being injured and wouldn't have to fork out for a no 2 goalie.

Myhill would be keeping match fit and getting proper competitive games instead of reserves.

He MIGHT increase his ultimate transfer value if he plays well.

Myhill would be getting games and the chance to prove himself and would be kept happy.

Daniels could get experience of being with our Prem league matchday squad, albeit hardly ever playing and could play for us in the Cup games and get the chance to earn his spurs.

Blues get a Championship quality goalie for a season.

RISK: if Foster gets injured in a game Daniels gets pitchforked into Prem action, but didn't that happen to Spink in a European Cup final?

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:27:47 PM »
One word, tough!
I only go for the beer.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:49:53 PM »
I understand his frustration. I dont think he has been given a fair crack of the whip and if it wasnt for a poor goal in our first game most people would say he has had a good pre season. Hodgson does not rate him though and that is football. He will just move on once we have a back up keeper in place.
Boing Boing

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
Too be honest I think he had a good few games then he started to seriously dip and I felt he looked laboured

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:48:27 PM »
just not worked out for him really, I think he is a good championship keeper and at best your run of the mill premiership keeper however not what you would want behind an already shaky defence, if you have not already seen this however please watch this, one of the best goalkeeping displays I have ever seen,

a truly world class performance from the Welshman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlqHwj7pL6c

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
Don't see why were looking to ship him out, great back up keeper im my opinion !

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 10:25:10 PM »
Why not let Myhill go to Blues on loan as part of the deals being mooted, with a right of recall for the Baggies.

Advantages:

We would still effectively have Myhill as back up in the event of Foster being injured and wouldn't have to fork out for a no 2 goalie.

Myhill would be keeping match fit and getting proper competitive games instead of reserves.

He MIGHT increase his ultimate transfer value if he plays well.

Myhill would be getting games and the chance to prove himself and would be kept happy.

Daniels could get experience of being with our Prem league matchday squad, albeit hardly ever playing and could play for us in the Cup games and get the chance to earn his spurs.

Blues get a Championship quality goalie for a season.

RISK: if Foster gets injured in a game Daniels gets pitchforked into Prem action, but didn't that happen to Spink in a European Cup final?
...and in the real world... :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 10:42:49 PM »
Im in two minds about letting Myhill out on loan, it would be great to see Daniels come into the team if any injury occured to our new goalkeeper.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »
To all the people suggesting a swap,how about he mightn'twant to go to the Blues?The mess they appear to be in you couldn't blame any player for shying away from them.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:04:30 AM »
i dont see how anyone can really comment on myhill, hes hardly played for us, so people should reserve judgement.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 09:44:40 AM »
Stop whining about it and do it then! Prove yourself to the manager. What does he expect? Us not to be linked with a GK and go in with just 1 for the season?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 11:35:27 AM »
Im in two minds about letting Myhill out on loan, it would be great to see Daniels come into the team if any injury occured to our new goalkeeper.

According to Steve Madely yesterday, Daniels is not considered good enough as a back up.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
Well it's abit obvious, Boaz, considering we've just sold our number one to Bursapor. If you know it's a replacement for yourself then you partly have yourself for blame for not proving to be good enough. Allowing a goalkeeper's punt to bounce over your head certainly won't do yourself any favours.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Sussex-Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
I feel a bit sorry for Boaz Myhill in a way, as he has done absolutely nothing wrong during his time here, apart from conceding a very unfortunate goal against San Joe Earthquakes at the beginning of pre-season.

His performance on Wednesday night at Southampton was faultless and if he was willing to do so, I would certainly keep him here as back-up to Ben Foster if he signs.

Despite this, his comments do seem a bit odd, as we were always going to look to sign a goalkeeper after Scott Carson left and so it can't have been much of a surprise to Myhill that there has been a lot of speculation.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »
According to Steve Madely yesterday, Daniels is not considered good enough as a back up.
That was my question :). Anyway it was only his opinion that Daniels won't be/isn't good enough as backup, although he's probably right. I think Daniels will be third choice keeper at best next season.

Well it's abit obvious, Boaz, considering we've just sold our number one to Bursapor. If you know it's a replacement for yourself then you partly have yourself for blame for not proving to be good enough. Allowing a goalkeeper's punt to bounce over your head certainly won't do yourself any favours.
In fairness it was a freak incident that 999 times out of 1000 wouldn't happened, and it probably could've happened to any keeper. It was very unfortunate to happen to happen to a keeper desperately trying to impress. Apart from that I think he's performed decently in pre-season thus far.

I think the problem with Myhill is that he seems average. Not 'average' as in bad but average as in ordinary. None of the areas of his game are below average standard, but he doesn't really excel in anything either. Take Carson for example, yes his temperament was questionable, he was error prone and his communication was below average, but on the otherhand his kicking and shotstopping was at times great. Every part of Myhill's game just seems 'OK' rather than either good or bad. When he had his spell in the starting 11 he did OK, didn't make any major errors, but he didn't really do anything extraordinary either.

I think he'd be decent backup to Foster, but he I don't think he's good enough to really challenge for a starting place.

EDIT: Well he's gone to Birmingham City.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:46:33 PM by Kicking Pigeons »

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
Thought this should go in the main board. Slightly surprised we have let him go on loan but if that is what it took to secure Foster then it was worth it, not least as it should see him play first team football next season.

dB

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 07:29:47 PM »
Thought this should go in the main board. Slightly surprised we have let him go on loan but if that is what it took to secure Foster then it was worth it, not least as it should see him play first team football next season.

Just means that we HAVE to get in another keeper. With Foster only being a loan, will we buy a backup GK, meaning we have to still have to get a number 1 next season. Be interesting to see what happens.

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 07:43:08 PM »
BBC sport says Myhill was signed from Blackpool last year. :-S Hull I believe.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »
Sign a highly promising foreign GK who has designs on the Prem. He'll have a year to acclimatise, whilst thinking he's made up when Foster's loan ends.

If he's decent enough we end up with two possibles for Prem goalie the season after - Foster or Johnny F.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
Surprised this one happened to be honest - I thought we have kept him as back up.

Never really convinced me when I've seen him though.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 08:20:04 PM »
Sign a highly promising foreign GK who has designs on the Prem. He'll have a year to acclimatise, whilst thinking he's made up when Foster's loan ends.

If he's decent enough we end up with two possibles for Prem goalie the season after - Foster or Johnny F.

I think that was the plan before the swedish lad turned us down
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 08:29:58 PM »
I think that was the plan before the swedish lad turned us down

The lad from Finland ?    ;)
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 09:31:27 PM »
Good luck to him, should be the first choice keeper now.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Beddoe121

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Hope he does well for Blues however who is going to be our no.2 now? Not sure Daniels is good enough yet, so could we see another keeper come in?