Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380215 times)

BlackCountryPride68

• Junior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #13500 on: August 21, 2022, 05:56:10 PM »
3-3 now in the Blood Money Derby.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13501 on: August 21, 2022, 05:56:51 PM »
Good game this to be fair.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13502 on: August 21, 2022, 06:25:17 PM »
Have to agree, shame about the ref!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13503 on: August 22, 2022, 09:13:39 PM »
Man Utd beating Liverpool 2-0, look much better without Maguire

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13504 on: August 22, 2022, 09:48:23 PM »
2-1 with five added time minutes to play. I wonder who Klop will blame

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #13505 on: August 22, 2022, 09:54:09 PM »

Very good game.

Utd have looked really good for me too
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13506 on: August 22, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »
Enjoyed that game, Man U were well up for it but Rashford looked offside no? On the replay, with the lines?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13507 on: August 22, 2022, 10:08:08 PM »
Was a really good watch in fairness. Liverpools midfield looks fairly weak at the minute, amazes me that they haven’t strengthened, Fabinho is off form, Thiago is constantly injured and Henderson and Milner aren’t what they once were.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13508 on: August 22, 2022, 10:10:28 PM »
Enjoyed that game, Man U were well up for it but Rashford looked offside no? On the replay, with the lines?

VAR gave onside just about.

Was a good game.

Dropped Maguire and they looked better at back and also that giant titty baby Ronaldo.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13509 on: August 22, 2022, 10:17:49 PM »
Was a really good watch in fairness. Liverpools midfield looks fairly weak at the minute, amazes me that they haven’t strengthened, Fabinho is off form, Thiago is constantly injured and Henderson and Milner aren’t what they once were.

Seems like that are desperate to save money to spend big on Bellingham next year. I think Man City might go hard for him too though

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13510 on: August 22, 2022, 11:00:26 PM »
Just great to see that grinning German chimp get his comeuppance 😂
MAGA!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #13511 on: August 23, 2022, 08:12:46 AM »

The grass must have been cut too short for them last night  :D

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13512 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:10 AM »

Almost feel a little dirty posting this but I was quite happy for United to win last night. The fact they did it playing a slightly refined version of Valball with better quality players appears to have passed a few people by though.......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13513 on: August 23, 2022, 03:03:36 PM »
Almost feel a little dirty posting this but I was quite happy for United to win last night. The fact they did it playing a slightly refined version of Valball with better quality players appears to have passed a few people by though.......
Slightly refined version of Valball ??  :o Ten Hag is a top coach, plays football along the ground, through the midfield. Shame he had to go to Man Utd though.  Their overentitled fans don't deserve him.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13514 on: August 23, 2022, 03:13:50 PM »
Slightly refined version of Valball ??  :o Ten Hag is a top coach, plays football along the ground, through the midfield. Shame he had to go to Man Utd though.  Their overentitled fans don't deserve him.

I'm very familiar with Ten Hag's career thank you very much Alex. Yes, last night was the very definition of Valball. I'm not bothered if you disagree with that any more than I'm bothered you've never bothered to research our history regarding red kits or lettered badges. Enjoy your afternoon as much as I'm enjoying mine. Toodles  :-* .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13515 on: August 23, 2022, 03:32:41 PM »
I'm very familiar with Ten Hag's career thank you very much Alex. Yes, last night was the very definition of Valball. I'm not bothered if you disagree with that any more than I'm bothered you've never bothered to research our history regarding red kits or lettered badges. Enjoy your afternoon as much as I'm enjoying mine. Toodles  :-* .
Oh dear, we'll have to agree to disagree on Ten Hag and Valball then. I'm sure anyone associated with Ajax would also beg to differ with you on that (that's if they'd heard of Val in the first place). And...good that you're not worrying about me not researching our history re red shirts and badges, because I'm not either..  Enjoy the game this evening. ;) ;)
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13516 on: August 24, 2022, 11:53:01 AM »
Oh dear, we'll have to agree to disagree on Ten Hag and Valball then. I'm sure anyone associated with Ajax would also beg to differ with you on that (that's if they'd heard of Val in the first place). And...good that you're not worrying about me not researching our history re red shirts and badges, because I'm not either..  Enjoy the game this evening. ;) ;)

Oh dear.

Either you haven't read and understood what I've posted or you're being deliberately obtuse. Again, I am very familiar with Ten Hag and his methods. I'm also very aware that despite a good pre season United have been below par in the Prem prior to the Liverpool game.

They really needed a performance. They got a performance and the result followed. If you think that performance was a fair reflection of his approach with Ajax you are mistaken. Ajax were much more fluid under Ten Hag than United were the other night.

They played a high press when required and dropped off when required. At the same time the United squad is capable of better in terms of quality and I'm sure it will come. The reference to Val is simply in terms of high press and drop off followed by quick diagonals with players of lesser quality (Albion). For a Ten Hag side United were fairly agricultural.

Feel free to wallow in your continued ignorance of our wonderful club's history at your own leisure. It's of absolutely zero consequence to me, just don't be surprised when others continue to highlight your clear and apparent lack of knowledge on the subject.

Have a beautiful day Alex  ;D  ;) .

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13517 on: August 24, 2022, 01:17:11 PM »
Oh dear.

Either you haven't read and understood what I've posted or you're being deliberately obtuse. Again, I am very familiar with Ten Hag and his methods. I'm also very aware that despite a good pre season United have been below par in the Prem prior to the Liverpool game.

They really needed a performance. They got a performance and the result followed. If you think that performance was a fair reflection of his approach with Ajax you are mistaken. Ajax were much more fluid under Ten Hag than United were the other night.

They played a high press when required and dropped off when required. At the same time the United squad is capable of better in terms of quality and I'm sure it will come. The reference to Val is simply in terms of high press and drop off followed by quick diagonals with players of lesser quality (Albion). For a Ten Hag side United were fairly agricultural.

Feel free to wallow in your continued ignorance of our wonderful club's history at your own leisure. It's of absolutely zero consequence to me, just don't be surprised when others continue to highlight your clear and apparent lack of knowledge on the subject.

Have a beautiful day Alex  ;D  ;) .
So is this a thinly veiled criticism of Ten Hag's football then Dan?  Just interested to know. Sorry, can't recall if you were vehemently pro or anti Val's football. I think the general consensus in these parts was that it was not the most attractive to watch (irrespective of the results). 

On the other hand, the Ajax fanbase is the most fussy, purist bunch worldwide. They won't tolerate anything less than attacking football played through the midfield. Deviation from 4-3-3 is close to heresy. They also enjoy watching players show individual ball skills, especially when going so far as taking the pee. No way would they accept a manager playing anything resembling kick and rush, which is what many would describe Val's football as. Ten Hag comes from that school, though I accept he would want his players to cut out the flamboyance in defensive areas. The only slight similarity with Val is that both try to press high up the pitch, but that's where the similarity ends.   

Dan, I am the first to agree that I'm not the type of football fan that memorises stats, who can reel off who made most subs appearances in season 19**-**. or indeed any such diverse obscure facts good for a pub quiz. However, I can remember players and matches that made a lasting impression and having watched I suppose well over 1000 matches in my time, I like to think I know something about analysing players, matches and tactics.  Have a nice day  ;D ;)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13518 on: August 24, 2022, 03:53:34 PM »
So is this a thinly veiled criticism of Ten Hag's football then Dan?  Just interested to know......

No it isn't Alex. I'd say I'm interested to know how you've arrived at that conclusion from what I've been posting but I'm not as you're clearly just being obtuse as I alluded to earlier. A lovely day has been had thus far thank you very much. Places to go, people to see ;D .

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13519 on: August 24, 2022, 08:33:00 PM »
Would George Best have shone in the Premier League? Discuss. Please.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13520 on: August 25, 2022, 08:39:16 AM »

George Best would have shone in a septic tank.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13521 on: August 25, 2022, 08:48:20 AM »

Err, yes.

That’s enough discussion for one post. Now where did l leave my case of Estrella Damm?  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13522 on: August 25, 2022, 09:05:39 AM »
Are we talking raging alcoholic George best or Best’s talent in a modern player?

Best of the 60’s/70’s possibly not. He’d certainly get there but I can see him suffering a bit of a Jack Wishere type career, so close but never quite making it to his potential and dropping off over time. Plus he’d have been fired for the domestic violence and the ALLEGED violence to women in general.

His talent with the application of modern players would be a scary prospect indeed!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13523 on: August 25, 2022, 09:15:54 AM »
Are we talking raging alcoholic George best or Best’s talent in a modern player?

Best of the 60’s/70’s possibly not. He’d certainly get there but I can see him suffering a bit of a Jack Wishere type career, so close but never quite making it to his potential and dropping off over time. Plus he’d have been fired for the domestic violence and the ALLEGED violence to women in general.

His talent with the application of modern players would be a scary prospect indeed!

Agree with this.

Another factor often missed, his era was mostly Brits and Irish playing domestically whereas foreign talent has undoubtably raised the bar. If you took the foreigners out, how many championship Brits would have to play top flight? Bests opposition would be much better in todays game.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13524 on: August 25, 2022, 09:58:48 AM »
They also played on muck heaps for much of the season back then in games where a tackle was a tackle and in many cases assault by modern officiating standards.

Genuinely believe Best would have thrived in the current playing environment, no idea whether he'd have still belted his birds or pickled his kidneys mind.