Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380403 times)

Hunnington Baggie, Downunder Stripes and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #10050 on: August 25, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
I can see the statement now “Everyone deserves a second chance”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10051 on: August 25, 2020, 08:10:03 PM »
There's going to be an appeal. At this stage United are backing him to the hilt. If he loses in court again they will have to change their tune somewhat.

Re. Southgate,  correct decision.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10052 on: August 25, 2020, 08:18:10 PM »
I met Canizares at a beach bar this week in Spain. Just saying 😁
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10053 on: August 25, 2020, 08:25:03 PM »
There's going to be an appeal. At this stage United are backing him to the hilt. If he loses in court again they will have to change their tune somewhat.

Re. Southgate,  correct decision.

They won’t. They will keep him.

Just like Liverpool defended Suraez their best asset when he was charged with racism etc

Football doesn’t have morals. And certainly not when it comes to players of value
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10054 on: August 25, 2020, 08:29:08 PM »
They won’t. They will keep him.

Just like Liverpool defended Suraez their best asset when he was charged with racism etc

Football doesn’t have morals. And certainly not when it comes to players of value

I meant condemn him, fine him etc.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10055 on: August 25, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
I meant condemn him, fine him etc.

Sorry - I thought you meant sack him.

Could have sworn I read you Saying that  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10056 on: August 25, 2020, 09:22:18 PM »
Sorry - I thought you meant sack him.

Could have sworn I read you Saying that  :D

I did before hearing their statement mate.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10057 on: August 25, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »
Exclusive: Everton in talks to sign Colombia star James Rodriguez on a permanent transfer from Real Madrid
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10058 on: August 25, 2020, 10:53:11 PM »
Rodriguez and Tomori would be great signings for Everton and James would be a great addition to the league.

In other news, Valencia have confirmed Rodrigo is now heading to Leeds to wrap up his signing. The reported fee is between £30m-£36m!

The window has come alive it seems.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 10:59:02 PM by Baggies »
Boing Boing

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10059 on: August 26, 2020, 12:21:00 PM »
Telegraph Twitter Account

Season ticket holders in the English Football League will have the chance to watch every home match of the new season live at no additional cost after a landmark new “flexible framework” was formally agreed with Sky Sports....

It’s only the football league clubs though isn’t it ? Not the premier league clubs ?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10060 on: August 26, 2020, 12:28:32 PM »
It’s only the football league clubs though isn’t it ? Not the premier league clubs ?

Correct. This is an EFL deal. EPL stance remains the same.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10061 on: August 26, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
Someone’s missing a trick here , why don’t sky offer club season tickets? £100 a season 38 hd games. I just don’t see any reason why clubs would vote against sky not showing them , tickets will be sold no problem because of reduced capacity so surely it’s not at risk of not selling the tickets for games .

Unless we’re picked there’s no way of watching the game unless you use a dodgy streaming service

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10062 on: August 26, 2020, 01:43:23 PM »
Someone’s missing a trick here , why don’t sky offer club season tickets? £100 a season 38 hd games. I just don’t see any reason why clubs would vote against sky not showing them , tickets will be sold no problem because of reduced capacity so surely it’s not at risk of not selling the tickets for games .

Unless we’re picked there’s no way of watching the game unless you use a dodgy streaming service
Spot on. If you don't want to miss a Man U, Man C, L'pool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs game, then Sky subscription makes alot of sense. But what about other Premier league fans? Pre Corona, those fans had the option of attending the matches in the stadium.
I'm not interested in watching highlights next day. Live football is about the excitement of not knowing what's in the script.
I think the Government should be stepping in, as they have the power to licence the playing of games whilst the pandemic is still with us.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10063 on: August 26, 2020, 01:48:32 PM »
If they want to get rid of illegal streaming then they have to offer fans of clubs the chance to watch their games live..

If they dont then illegal streaming will continue and rise next season

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10064 on: August 26, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »
Spot on. If you don't want to miss a Man U, Man C, L'pool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs game, then Sky subscription makes alot of sense. But what about other Premier league fans? Pre Corona, those fans had the option of attending the matches in the stadium.
I'm not interested in watching highlights next day. Live football is about the excitement of not knowing what's in the script.
I think the Government should be stepping in, as they have the power to licence the playing of games whilst the pandemic is still with us.

I’m pretty sure the government did step in mate , they said games must be shown. Sky and BT wanted more money , then the premier league clubs had a vote on it and voted against the games being shown which I don’t understand.

We will be on tv ten times max next season compared to 26 last season .

Illegal streaming will go through the roof .

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10065 on: August 26, 2020, 01:59:40 PM »
Telegraph Twitter Account

Season ticket holders in the English Football League will have the chance to watch every home match of the new season live at no additional cost after a landmark new “flexible framework” was formally agreed with Sky Sports....

My mistake, I intended to post it in the Championship thread and went word blind when looking for it obviously.

I'll re-post it in the correct thread
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10066 on: August 26, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
I’m pretty sure the government did step in mate , they said games must be shown. Sky and BT wanted more money , then the premier league clubs had a vote on it and voted against the games being shown which I don’t understand.

We will be on tv ten times max next season compared to 26 last season .

Illegal streaming will go through the roof .
So maybe its the clubs who are to blame. It looks like Sky and BT have got them over a barrel. I still think the Government could make the licencing of games dependant on allowing fans to view games live on TV. They appear to want to leave it all to the TV companies and clubs to sort out amongst themselves. Whilst, I'm not normally for lots of Government intervention, this is a unique situation. People are confined to their homes, prevented from entering stadiums and discouraged from mixing socially. Live football is one of the few things people have right now.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #10067 on: August 26, 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
How much money would Sky make on a season ticket deal?

They would make a fortune surely?

Not sure PL clubs would want to accept that though as they would not want the normal to be fans having the option to buy a ST from home as opposed to providing the money to the clubs.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10068 on: August 26, 2020, 02:42:25 PM »
How much money would Sky make on a season ticket deal?

They would make a fortune surely?

Not sure PL clubs would want to accept that though as they would not want the normal to be fans having the option to buy a ST from home as opposed to providing the money to the clubs.

Suppose a tv season ticket could just be for this season coming while ground capacity’s are lowered though mate . Clubs would sell the tickets for the ground easily plus earn extra money for a tv season ticket . Must have been a reason why they voted against it though

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10069 on: August 26, 2020, 02:55:07 PM »
Suppose a tv season ticket could just be for this season coming while ground capacity’s are lowered though mate . Clubs would sell the tickets for the ground easily plus earn extra money for a tv season ticket . Must have been a reason why they voted against it though
I'd like to know as well, although I suppose it comes down money and Sky and BT  dictating the terms. Maybe there are enough Premier League clubs who think they will be shown enough live this season, not to upset the existing deal. Maybe just 11 clubs out of the 20 was enough.
But you'd hope though that clubs such as Albion, would be wanting to do something for the many fans who will be denied seeing live games.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10070 on: August 26, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
Me old mates just trebled his wage to 190k a week in a 50m move to Chelsea. Fair does I’d make as much as I can during a short career
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10071 on: August 26, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
Ben Chilwell: Chelsea sign Leicester defender on five-year deal

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53913585
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10072 on: August 26, 2020, 06:14:20 PM »
Custodial sentence for Maguire ?.. found guilty on all 3 charges..including repeated attempts of trying to bribe a policeman..
His lawyers have asked for, and are getting a full retrial.  https://news.sky.com/story/harry-maguire-set-for-retrial-after-being-granted-appeal-against-assault-conviction-in-greece-12057211   Edit.. It is the case in Greek courts.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 06:22:11 PM by Droitwich Baggie »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10073 on: August 26, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »
It shows how mad modern transfer fees are that people are reacting with shock that Wolves are letting the soon to be 29 year old right back Matt Doherty go to Spurs for the “cut price” amount of £15m.

Since when has £15m for a right back nearing the end of his career been “cut price”?
Boing Boing

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10074 on: August 26, 2020, 08:02:22 PM »
It shows how mad modern transfer fees are that people are reacting with shock that Wolves are letting the soon to be 29 year old right back Matt Doherty go to Spurs for the “cut price” amount of £15m.

Since when has £15m for a right back nearing the end of his career been “cut price”?

He's one of their most important players. Madness when Chilwell has gone for more than 3 times that.