Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380354 times)

NJS, themightyalbion, Topman and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #10000 on: August 19, 2020, 06:42:22 PM »
CR was at the villa as young lad so he already knows Grealish etc from his early days so makes sense.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10001 on: August 19, 2020, 10:42:26 PM »
That £25m Leeds bid for White and the rumours of a £20m Southampton bid for Weston McKennie make me think the transfer window isn’t going to change as much as I hoped or expected.

Intrigued to see what does happen near the end.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10002 on: August 19, 2020, 11:01:17 PM »
Teams will just gamble big time on staying in the PL rather than get relegated and try and fight their way back out the EFL.

I don't think there will be many deals to be had either. If there are everyone else will be playing the same game as us and we won't end up with our choices anyway.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10003 on: August 20, 2020, 09:30:04 AM »
Wolves are willing to listen to big offers for Spanish winger Adama Traore, despite the 24-year-old having three years left on his contract at Molineux.

That's a change in tack, is money tight in D1n5le land?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10004 on: August 20, 2020, 09:33:25 AM »
Wolves are willing to listen to big offers for Spanish winger Adama Traore, despite the 24-year-old having three years left on his contract at Molineux.

I find that a strange one, unless they want to maximise the fee, Need cash to entice Ronaldo to wolverhampton ??
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10005 on: August 20, 2020, 11:21:15 AM »

Wolves are a device to get mendes players more money and better moves. Suits them for the most part but they won't be able to hold onto the good players.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10006 on: August 20, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »

In the last few years he’s been at villa and middlesboro
Yes he’s big and fast, but can suffer from spells of games with zero influence
If he played for us I’d definitely be behind selling him for 80m plus.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10007 on: August 20, 2020, 08:08:00 PM »
In the last few years he’s been at villa and middlesboro
Yes he’s big and fast, but can suffer from spells of games with zero influence
If he played for us I’d definitely be behind selling him for 80m plus.

Expect Liverpool to move for him. Transformed from his Villa days.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10008 on: August 20, 2020, 08:48:54 PM »

Saw him playing for the Vile in the U23s/PL2 when we played them at the Shrine. I couldn't believe he wasn't in their first team.

His first touch was good, he was very direct and looked to take his full back on at every opportunity. Really rated him, it was like watching a motivated Oliver Burke with a clue.

Then I read about the terms of his contract and understood why he wasn't getting first team games. I can't remember the specifics but whomever sanctioned his wages and their staged increases needed shooting.

Streaky though. Listening to the radio earlier they said he's been called up to the next full Spanish squad. Should add to any fee.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10009 on: August 21, 2020, 01:52:33 PM »
“ Harry Maguire has been transferred from Mykonos to Syros in a police vehicle after an incident last night.

Not our usual transfer news.”

(Source: Sky Sports)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10010 on: August 21, 2020, 02:10:39 PM »

Liverpool are going after Harvey Barnes, not Adama Traore. The Reds are unwilling to meet the buy-out clause the Dingles have placed upon him.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10011 on: August 21, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »
“ Harry Maguire has been transferred from Mykonos to Syros in a police vehicle after an incident last night.

Not our usual transfer news.”

(Source: Sky Sports)

Maguire, who rakes in £190,000-a-week, is alleged to have punched an officer and then attempted to bribe the policemen.

He will be lucky to get bail tomorrow after his court appearance.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10012 on: August 21, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »
Liverpool are going after Harvey Barnes, not Adama Traore. The Reds are unwilling to meet the buy-out clause the Dingles have placed upon him.

My only surprise is that Man United haven't been in for him instead of perusing Jadon Sancho as I consider him to be a more versatile player
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10013 on: August 21, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »
Maguire, who rakes in £190,000-a-week, is alleged to have punched an officer and then attempted to bribe the policemen.

He will be lucky to get bail tomorrow after his court appearance.
We play Man U on 21st November.  If he gets locked up and then has to sit quarrantine out, I wonder if he might miss the game.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10014 on: August 21, 2020, 06:25:31 PM »
We play Man U on 21st November.  If he gets locked up and then has to sit quarrantine out, I wonder if he might miss the game.
If he has punched a police officer , he will be on his way out at M.Utd. He is not very good anyway, £80M joke on United.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10015 on: August 21, 2020, 08:06:11 PM »
John Percy Twitter Account abv

Chelsea are close to signing Ben Chilwell from #lcfc. A deal could go through next week. Understand the fee is sizeable but has come down as a result of Leicester missing out on the Champions League.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10016 on: August 21, 2020, 08:42:22 PM »
50m fee being reported dwon from75m i believe. Might be wrong.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10017 on: August 21, 2020, 08:51:42 PM »
50m fee being reported dwon from75m i believe. Might be wrong.

When you think Liverpool got 2 better left backs for less than £20 million. 🙈
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10018 on: August 21, 2020, 09:00:17 PM »
When you think Liverpool got 2 better left backs for less than £20 million. 🙈

Is this assessment based on substantive statistical facts or personal view point?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10019 on: August 21, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »
Again Leicester get another huge sum of money. We need to get better at selling players at the right time. We let Mulumbu,Olsson,Dorrans,Brunt,Morrison,Evans and co go for peanuts or nothing at all. All because JP didn't want to spend money on new players. To be fair at least Dowling has recognised this.
BOING BOING

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10020 on: August 21, 2020, 09:19:16 PM »
Again Leicester get another huge sum of money. We need to get better at selling players at the right time. We let Mulumbu,Olsson,Dorrans,Brunt,Morrison,Evans and co go for peanuts or nothing at all. All because JP didn't want to spend money on new players. To be fair at least Dowling has recognised this.

Berahino. Could've got £20 million for him at one point.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10021 on: August 21, 2020, 09:26:00 PM »

Berahino. Could've got £20 million for him at one point.

I’m assuming your referring to the Spurs “structured” bid, which would in no way have materialised into anywhere near your figure, which I thought was £25m anyway.

We were  right to reject their derisory offer
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10022 on: August 21, 2020, 11:15:27 PM »
If Chelsea do sign Chilwell, it will mean 7 of the 8 starting full backs of this seasons English champions league cohort will be British. That's good going - its the one position where I think we are doing better than France.

Interested to see what Leicester do with the money. Wouldn't shock me to see them put down £10m for Rico Henry (if the injury record doesn't scare them  off).

Leeds being linked with everyone again. They have already had the £25m offer for White rejected, now they have had an offer rejected by Rangers for Ryan Kent and the Saturday papers have them heavily linked with Bayer Leverkusen's Bailey, Valencia's Rodrigo and Milan's Leao. Not sure if it's a sensible tactic, especially with CoVID and the money they have been obliged to pay for Costa and potentially Augustin.
Boing Boing

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10023 on: August 22, 2020, 06:39:02 PM »
Saw him at the petrol station other day where I live and we have a few mutual friends. He’s from my town, asked where he’s off too and said he couldn’t say, told him I wanted to make a few quid off a bet lol. Didn’t say he was definitely staying and he’s always preferred London due to location and lifestyle
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 07:07:47 PM by MarkW »
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10024 on: August 22, 2020, 06:54:45 PM »
Chilwell?