Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380156 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #6675 on: September 12, 2017, 01:05:33 PM »
It was a very poor appointment and a warning to those who want Pulis out for some fancy foreigner.

We wouldn't want some bloody foreigner round 'ere. We want a British manager, with a British team. We want a great bunch of lads who work really hard. None of them tricks and flicks and fancy nonsense. Who wants to watch that pooh?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6676 on: September 12, 2017, 06:41:06 PM »
Looking forward to that, be a good tactical battle. Like a game of chess.
Thrilling! I don't think

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6677 on: September 12, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »
Roy appointed the new manager of palace in blunder land,can't bring myself to wish him luck though

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6678 on: September 12, 2017, 08:54:48 PM »
Nice move for Roy, he's a Croydon lad so back to his roots.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6679 on: September 17, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
All that money money Everton have spent they have failed to replace Lukaku.

I'm the bottom 3 now with palace and Bournemouth

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6680 on: September 17, 2017, 06:26:04 PM »

Yes seems strange failing to replace one of the 3 best goal scorers in the prem when you have money in the bank.
They were saying on the Sunday Supplement this morning that effectively they've signed 3 No 10's with not much pace in Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6681 on: September 18, 2017, 12:42:56 PM »

Quite amusing given our aspirations to be like them last season......

How long has Ronald Noclueman got do we think?
MAGA!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6682 on: September 18, 2017, 08:52:31 PM »
Craig Shakespeare will be the next manager sacked in the Premier League this season. Mark my words.
Koeman
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6683 on: September 20, 2017, 04:09:04 AM »
never going to happen due to pulis/palace acrimony but cant help thinking us and palace would both benefit from a manager swap.

They need pulis's ability to somehow accumulate points - whereas our squad's skill and potential would be better realised by Roy.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6684 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
never going to happen due to pulis/palace acrimony but cant help thinking us and palace would both benefit from a manager swap.

They need pulis's ability to somehow accumulate points - whereas our squad's skill and potential would be better realised by Roy.
we had plenty of long ball and dour games under Roy

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6685 on: September 20, 2017, 07:21:51 PM »
we had plenty of long ball and dour games under Roy

Hodgson without Odemwingie would soon get the cat calls.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6686 on: September 22, 2017, 03:37:47 PM »
Hodgson was constantly criticised on here for having us play boring football until we smashed Wolves 5-1.  :)
the regime don't like it man

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6687 on: September 23, 2017, 01:15:49 PM »
Spurs 2-0 up at West Ham

Kane double

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6688 on: September 23, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
finishes 2/3 good result for us ;D

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6689 on: September 23, 2017, 04:50:18 PM »
How good are City.....

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6690 on: September 23, 2017, 04:52:15 PM »
Another 5 for City maybe we wasn't to bad afterall the other night.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6691 on: September 23, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »
Another 5 for City maybe we wasn't to bad afterall the other night.
against their 2nd team we put up a fight for about 20 minutes... We'll be absolutely destroyed, like the rest.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6692 on: September 23, 2017, 05:16:05 PM »
against their 2nd team we put up a fight for about 20 minutes... We'll be absolutely destroyed, like the rest.
Sane , Sterling and Delph  scored four goals today didn't they all play against us.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6693 on: September 23, 2017, 05:17:54 PM »
Sane , Sterling and Delph  scored four goals today didn't they all play against us.

Correct  8)

Any chance to have another moan though.  ::)
the regime don't like it man

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6694 on: September 26, 2017, 05:57:50 AM »
Hodgson was constantly criticised on here for having us play boring football until we smashed Wolves 5-1.  :)

i think our concept of 'boring' has been recalibrated by MrPulis since then...how i wish we were boring liverpool 3-0 now

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6695 on: September 26, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
Not sure if this is the right part but i am having a premier league rant!

Over the last few years, hearing bits the last few days, then watching the game last night i realised how rubbish football the sport has come compared to the 'brand' it now is.

When Sanchez fell over as though he had been shot in the first few minutes, i found it embarrassing, a fully grown man, quite well built, has the slightest of hands on him and he is rolling round and then complaining, if that would of been one of my mates i would like to of think we would tell him how pathetic it is, if it had been me who did it i would question if i should even been playing a contact sport.

From then on there were all the Arsenal dramatics, somebody farts near them and they go down in horrific pain, then its followed by routine of the appeals to the ref and the moaning, the looks of why them? Its not just Arsenal but fedup of seeing such drama queens in football now.

Then after the game, you have Dermot Gallagher been questioned again about the penalty, at half time he said it was, what happened in the second half to make Sky think he may change his mind and revisit the subject again and discuss it again i dont know but they did. However Dermot then proceeded to say that the ref would go back to his coaches, he would visit his support network and all analysis would take place to ensure this didnt happen again! What the hell does that mean? Yes by all means review his position but a support network, all analysis? He made a bad decision wont be the first, wont be the last, nobody died, yet Sky take it so serious!

I may be old school but the constant punditry and analysis with football now just does my head in, i wanted to hear what Pulis said so watched til then (i dont normally, turn off after a game) but to hear the drivel that is just time filling is madness, thats all it is is time filling.

Sky now have 'the debate' every night, watched one just to see what its about and  its pointless, spending an hour talking about stuff that happened days ago that has already been discussed to death. BBC is even in on it now, i dont mind football focus, a short one off programme once a week and MOTD for the goals but now there is premier league review show, the premier league show, MOTD3, MOTD extra, its just football overkill, i dont watch 90% of them but still does my head in!

And last week there is now serious talk of apparently scrapping the caravan cup or whatever its called, or maybe making it a under 23 tournament?! Yes the initial rounds are a bit poor but come the later stages grounds get fuller and as a fan, Albion have the chance to win 2 things - the league cup and FA Cup, that is my driving factor for having a season ticket, to hopefully one day see us win a trophy, its not to make the numbers up and finish 10th in the league. Its because the big boys dont want the cup anymore apparently, and if the league cup goes the FA Cup would probably follow in years to come.

When i first got into football i loved playing and watching it, it felt i was doing something professionals did, now i feel its like a different sport, in fact its more of a brand than a sport and just dont see it changing, with all the TV money coming in it will just get more airtime to fill chatting drivel, i expect within the next few years there will be a show to follow 'the debate' called the 'the mass debate' which is quite fitting (think i can get away with that?!)

Why not put more stuff and live action on about grassroots football, womens football, non league football, something than the working man can connect too, i know our money doesnt mean much to the premier league but i do really hope that it does just go bump and start again.

My cousin started going to watch Stourbridge a few years back )after he fell out of love with premier league football) and he loves it, he still watches the Albion (the irony i know, watches us on tv when he hates it) and goes the odd game each season, but to be fair it certainly has got his buzz back for football again. I am not sure if i could give up my season ticket but do like the idea of seeing a bit more 'proper' football so may start following a non league club, problem is i dont think you can just pick a team to support can you!?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6696 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
i think our concept of 'boring' has been recalibrated by MrPulis since then...how i wish we were boring liverpool 3-0 now

We beat Liverpool 3-0 under Clarke not Hodgson. We beat Arsenal 3-1 under boring Pulis. Swings and roundabouts.

yes but their main creative players Silva and De Bruyne didn't and Delph only played the last 20+ minutes against Palace. As well as we played 2nd half I think it would have been much more of a whitewash if they'd have played the same line up as they did against Palace.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6697 on: September 27, 2017, 02:12:46 PM »

We bored a few clubs 3-0 and 4-0 last season........

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6698 on: September 30, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
I don't enjoy watching many other teams but I love seeing Tottenham in the last few seasons and today they are tearing Huddersfield apart, great one touch football. Kane scored 2 and looks unplayable. 0-3 in the first 25 mins
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:58:01 PM by swad35 »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6699 on: September 30, 2017, 08:01:57 PM »
Man City looking quite ominous at the moment. Going to be an interesting tussle between them and Utd.