Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2380233 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #6425 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:20 AM »
No doubt he will Harry, but he is hardly a 'free'
MAGA!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6426 on: July 09, 2017, 10:08:26 AM »
On £150,000 per week and there is a £15m loyalty bonus in there!

The world has gone mad

Makes me laugh. Are they really that worried that he'd try to engineer a move away or leave them after a season or two? Funny that he also showed great loyalty when kissing the Man Utd badge when playing them in the past http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1080651/Rooney-storm--United-star-facing-FA-probe-kissing-badge-incites-fans.html

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6427 on: July 09, 2017, 11:35:38 AM »
Sorry for all Everton's good work in the window they have totally dropped one with Rooney. It is hugely expensive for a player that looks to have been on the down slope for a couple of seasons, what version of Rooney are they getting and where exactly are they planning on playing him?
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6428 on: July 09, 2017, 12:18:04 PM »
Sorry for all Everton's good work in the window they have totally dropped one with Rooney. It is hugely expensive for a player that looks to have been on the down slope for a couple of seasons, what version of Rooney are they getting and where exactly are they planning on playing him?
I was about to post something similar. I think he's had a great career but it appears like he is on the slide. Where does he fit in to a team that clearly expect to be pushing top 6 & have ambitions similar to the team he couldn't get a regular place in throughout last season?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6429 on: July 09, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Really happy that Rooney has returned to Everton. I love the romance in football and I always love a prodigal son return.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6430 on: July 09, 2017, 05:33:58 PM »
Really happy that Rooney has returned to Everton. I love the romance in football and I always love a prodigal son return.

Personally I think its great, but its a very expensive return.......

Would we sign Rooney on those terms? I hope not........
MAGA!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6431 on: July 09, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
Mid way through last season we were within two or three points of Everton. At the mid-point of next season I can foresee a huge gulf between the two sides - unless our billionaire Chinese owners wake up to the serious situation which we will find ourselves in if we continue to shop for everyone else's unwanted players

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6432 on: July 09, 2017, 06:46:42 PM »
Rooney will be a bench warmer at Everton. Hasn't looked good for a couple of seasons and isnt likely to improve.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6433 on: July 09, 2017, 08:33:32 PM »
Supposedly these are some of their new wages...

Rooney - £150k p/w
Keane - £80k p/w
Pickford - £80k p/w?
Klaassen - £80k p/w

IF he signs, Sigurdson - £130k p/w

I imagine Lukaku is currently on around £130k p/w - even with the wages offloaded by selling Lukaku it still seems like silly money. I know the Premier League money is higher than ever but it's still pretty outrageous and seems unsustainable. I imagine they will trim their wages with guys like Barry et al leaving but it still seems very high.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6434 on: July 09, 2017, 10:04:44 PM »
Supposedly these are some of their new wages...

Rooney - £150k p/w
Keane - £80k p/w
Pickford - £80k p/w?
Klaassen - £80k p/w

IF he signs, Sigurdson - £130k p/w

I imagine Lukaku is currently on around £130k p/w - even with the wages offloaded by selling Lukaku it still seems like silly money. I know the Premier League money is higher than ever but it's still pretty outrageous and seems unsustainable. I imagine they will trim their wages with guys like Barry et al leaving but it still seems very high.
Now going after Giroud and Demarai Gray according to Sky so more in wages, where's the money coming from and how does it fit around FFP.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6435 on: July 09, 2017, 11:04:11 PM »
Now going after Giroud and Demarai Gray according to Sky so more in wages, where's the money coming from and how does it fit around FFP.

Yes, I've just seen that and it seems insane. I don't know much about FFP to be honest so I can't comment, but I'm under the assumption that it's not really punished much at all, other than Man City who seemed harshly picked upon compared to the other clubs, so perhaps it's just a very soft law or there's massive loopholes around it?

The current Everton situation reminds me of Villa's shortly after Lerner took over. A chairman who at the beginning looked great and made some big signings, but it wasn't sustainable and then the owner realised it was a bad investment and bailed. I imagine over the next 3 seasons Everton will either emulate Spurs and break into the top 4, or they will fall off and possibly get relegated if their spending goes too wild. It will be interested to see how it all pans out anyway.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6436 on: July 09, 2017, 11:58:55 PM »
He'll do a good job for them
i would take him at the Albion and anyone who says different is barmy

wappingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6437 on: July 10, 2017, 02:54:44 AM »
a good part of the rooney fee will come back in profits from shirts etc. The other players they are signing: not so much.

As others have commented, they have obviously decided that 'getting 40 points' or 'finishing 2 spots above stoke' is not going to be the summit of their ambitions - very interesting to see how it works out this year. 

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6438 on: July 10, 2017, 03:19:35 AM »
a good part of the rooney fee will come back in profits from shirts etc. The other players they are signing: not so much.

I wonder how many Marc Wilson shirts Albion will sell - one or two?  ;D ;D

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6439 on: July 10, 2017, 06:37:02 AM »
I wonder how many Marc Wilson shirts Albion will sell - one or two?  ;D ;D
how ever many actual mark wilsons supports Albion

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6440 on: July 10, 2017, 08:43:58 AM »

As others have commented, they have obviously decided that 'getting 40 points' or 'finishing 2 spots above stoke' is not going to be the summit of their ambitions - very interesting to see how it works out this year. 

Most of the profit from shirt sales goes back ton the manufacturer. I refer you to the topic on this board which busts some of the myths surrounding football transfers:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=20396.0

"Adidas, Nike, Puma and other kit suppliers get 85-90% of shirt sale revenue and this is the industry standard."
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6441 on: July 10, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
Most of the profit from shirt sales goes back ton the manufacturer. I refer you to the topic on this board which busts some of the myths surrounding football transfers:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=20396.0

"Adidas, Nike, Puma and other kit suppliers get 85-90% of shirt sale revenue and this is the industry standard."

Was about to post the same thing and point in the direction of that thread

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6442 on: July 10, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
Leicester have had a FOURTY MILLION!!!!! bid rejected from Swansea for Sigurdson. They want £50 million for him. If that doesn't tell you how mad football, more importantly the EPL then nothing will
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6443 on: July 10, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »
Asking price for Sigurdsson £50m!! Lordy, lordy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40550188

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6444 on: July 10, 2017, 01:34:29 PM »
Asking price for Sigurdsson £50m!! Lordy, lordy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40550188

One of the downsides of publicly disclosing what you've just about sold one of your players for (Lukaku)

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6445 on: July 10, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »
Leicester have had a FOURTY MILLION!!!!! bid rejected from Swansea for Sigurdson. They want £50 million for him. If that doesn't tell you how mad football, more importantly the EPL then nothing will

The world has gone mad
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6446 on: July 10, 2017, 01:36:55 PM »
Bumping the price up for Everton I imagine

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6447 on: July 10, 2017, 01:42:42 PM »

He's a good player, but really????

One for the Everton experiment I think......
MAGA!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6448 on: July 10, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
Pulis tried to sign him for Palace didn't he? Would have loved to have seen him at the Albion but no chance of that happening anytime soon at that price.  :o
the regime don't like it man

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6449 on: July 10, 2017, 06:01:17 PM »
how ever many actual mark wilsons supports Albion
I'd like to think no Baggie supporting Mark Wilson's would be stupid enough to make that mistake.  ;)
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.